Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Transformers

TheUnknown

This used to be my favorite show when I was four. I remember being mentally damaged by the movie in which, among others, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Megatron, and Ironhide die. I hear they're making a new movie to be released in November 2007.

Andy

Pfft the original series is the best, I only have one DVD at the moment though.

It has, Fire In The Sky, SOS Dinobots, Countdown to Extinction, A Plague of Insecticons, and Heavy Metal War.

:)

TheUnknown

One of my "if I win the lottery" buys will definetely be DVDs of G1 (including the movie), Beast War, and Beast Machines

Radioactive Isotope

uh, you do realize that you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than winning the lottery, right? :p

Dace Sarkin

Oh Hell YEAH, I love Transformers! That was one of the greatest shows of the 80s. I've watched Transformers the Movie over and over again. Nothing beats the original series. The new Transformers cartoon series they have today have changed into a kind of cheesy 'Pokemon' anime style. The original style was a lot more hardcore and the characters were drawn better, with more depth. I remember each character had a consistent personality throughout the series. Starscream's favourite quote was "Decepticons....RETREAT!!!" . It seems that he was such a coward he was always calling a retreat. It still cracks me up to think of it.

I don't know about you, but there is just something about the old, original Transformers toys and cartoons that is different to the new ones. Something about them feels better, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines, however, were the best thing to come from the Transformers since the original series. Well, I haven't had a chance to even watch Beast Machines yet, but Beast Wars was simply AWESOME. I remember getting an adrenalin rush just watching the battle scenes. And the characters looked cooler and more EXTREME each season.

Definitely on my DVD wish list, Beast Wars and Beast Machines. I am going to buy the whole collection and watch them all.

Optimus_Prime.jpg

Optimus Prime is f**n awesome, the most ultimate aubobot ever! Optimus Prime is my role model.

Man, I am even going to put an Autobot sticker on my car.

Edited by Dace Sarkin

Andy

I'd just like to re-iterate that the movie is awesome.

Well okay, it's not the best film ever... But it gets 10/10 for effort and being generally awesomely Transformerish. :D

Well, Megatron was a let-down, but, meh. lol

Edited by Andy

Drake

I agree about Megatron. They could have done him a lot better.

Also, I didn't like the fact that Optimus had a mouth. It looked stupid.

Aside from those, I thought it was an awesome movie.

What do you think about the fact that, when Earth technology was exposed to the Cube energy, the robots created were evil?

Andy

I don't think of them as being created evil... More like, being created without any sense of right nor wrong.

Drake

However, they seemed to instinctually attack the humans that were nearby. The little Nokia was created with a tiny rocket launcher and machine gun.

Could it be that, perhaps, their base programming is to attack and gain power through war and the Autobots are good because they overcame that programming and made themselves better? Or maybe it's because a lot of Earth technology was reverse engineered from Megatron?

Andy

I never thought of that derived from Megatron thing. That COULD have been a factor.

I thought of it as an instinctive "right, I've just been born... What can I do!? *throws rockets around* Wheeeee!!" reflex. :p

Plus there is the face that Nokia phones, Microsoft, and Mountain Dew are all evil anyways. :p

I forget what the car was... I thought it would have been better if the whole car transformed, lol. :(

Drake

Yeah, I read some comments on the car attacking the girl and people were like. "Well...who wouldn't attack her?" :p

I liked how the pop machine was firing cans at people. :lol:

Andy

lol, yeah that was great. hehe

I wanted to see what the Xbox monster looked like... There should have been a PS3 nearby and they could have a deathmatch :p

Radioactive Isotope

now THAT would have been awesome. i am inclined to agree that the little robot critter were evil since they were reverse engineered from Megatron. although i never thought about it until you mentioned it. :p

Drake

Oh! Oh! I am!

Andy

Bigger budget = even more butt-kicking giant robots! :D

Drake

Speaking of butt-kicking giant robots...

The giant robot kicking Optimus' butt in the trailer...the one that's smashing through the bridge...that's but one of seven Decepticon "Constructicons" that transform into the 120+ foot tall Devastator. It's head is made of a cement truck.

Andy

:eek:

Uncle Du

H-E-L-L

Y-E-A

Princess

Sweet!

Drake

I was wrong about that giant bot in the trailer but Devastator was still in it and it was so badass!

Uncle Du

That movie was friggin awesome!

The exact words Kian spoke when we got out of the movie: "That movie was so awesome I thought my brain was going to pop out!"

I love my son. :D

Drake

I have to make a comment...but I can't do it here. :p

Uncle Du

I have an idea.... ;)

Andy

Well I'd heard mixed reviews so wasn't sure what to expect... Which was probably a good thing, really.

Overall I think it was pretty awesome. There was a bit of a plot there too which is always good. Effects were pretty incredible; can't wait to get hold of it on blu-ray so I can drool all over it. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.