Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Weekly Poll #72

U.S Presidents  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TheUnknown

Well?

Oh, and take this variables to be mutually exclusive. I mean white woman, black man, Hispanic man, etc. No black, gay women who are Jewish.

Edited by TheUnknown

Ayingel

i clicked the wrong button...but i said jew

TheUnknown

I think it'll be a woman. For one thing, women have more strength in both parties (although more so in the Democratic Party) while the other categories are to varying degrees typically Democratic only. Second, I can think of more women with high name recognition that I can with the other groups. Third, women are the biggest minority in political office. Fourth, I think it would be easier for a woman to get male votes than for a black person to get white votes, etc.

Finally, anyone from one of these categories would have to deemphasize it.

Try again. There is no vote showing.

Ayingel

yeah...but, personally, i think that the nation would have havoc if a woman won the electoral (good and bad havoc)...we're just not ready for it here...

TheUnknown

I think we are to the point we're it isn't that big of a deal when a woman is elected/appointed to an office.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I think we'll see a VP nominee from these categories (like we did with a woman and a Jew) before we see a presidential nominee.

Pandora

I think it'll be a woman first. But I sure do hope it's not this time around, and I think everyone here knows why I think that.

Ayingel

Try again. There is no vote showing.

that's the problem...i clicked null when i meant to click vote

TheUnknown

What? You don't want President Condi? :p

Seriously, I hope Hillary doesn't try for the nomination, because I'll vote against her. Let someone better liked (ie. Edwards) or somone with a spine (ie. Feingold or Gore) have the nomination.

Pandora

What? You don't want President Condi? :p

Seriously, I hope Hillary doesn't try for the nomination, because I'll vote against her. Let someone better liked (ie. Edwards) or somone with a spine (ie. Feingold or Gore) have the nomination.

You said WHITE woman. I love Condi. But I think she'd be better off as VP first.

I think Dean should run again. He was the best thing to happen to the Republicans. ;)

Actually, If Zell Miller was a little younger, I might vote for him.

Remember that sig banner I used to have? "Jeb-Condi '08"?

Ayingel

i don't know how i'd feel about gore...all i'm really worried about right now is the senate and governor votes...

Pandora

I think if Gore were president, we wouldn't have to worry about governor elections. He's too big-government.

Ayingel

eew...

SoftballJedi

I say..African-American president. I'd love to Colin Powell run and win!

Oh, wasn't James Buchanan gay?

Ana

Not officially. In reality, it's highly likely. But we don't teach our children that. :p

Oh, I vote woman.

Princess

I say that we'll have a Jewish president next. Continuing our tradition of white males leading the country amok

GI_Admiral

Woman

Edited by GI_Admiral

Tsl

I think people will accept a black male christian pres before a female or a non christian. A Hispanic male christian would come in close second, but people are too paranoid about mexico taking over the world right now.

I still say having anything other than a white male "christian" for a pres is not going to happen for a long long long long time.

I don't think people will accept a female because there are still a scary amount of people who think women are too stupid/emotional to have the job. I've even heard females say this. Personally I think they're brainwashed gits who are themselves too stupid to do anything, but that's another story, lol.

Edited by The Tsl

Radioactive Isotope

i'm gonna go with an atheist pres. people are getting a little too fed up with the religious right these days. i happen to be one of them.

Mara

I voted African-American.

TheUnknown

You said WHITE woman.

Oops. :red:

I think Dean should run again. He was the best thing to happen to the Republicans. ;)

If Howard Dean could better communicate in adversarial environments (ie. debates and interviews), had a better media strategy, and were less gaffe-prone, he would have been a very formidable opponent for Bush.

Remember that sig banner I used to have? "Jeb-Condi '08"?

Neither of which will run in 2008. :p

Edited by TheUnknown

GI_Admiral

Atheist was 2nd. But you have to fight the bible belt, and other mega-religious people. Remember the uproar Kennedy created being Catholic? ("ZOMG! HE'S TAKING ORDERS FROM THE POPE!!!!").

TheUnknown

I don't think there will be an Atheist nominee any time soon. At least not openly Atheistic. The Republican Party is too dominated by the religious far right. And the Democratic Party doesn't want to be perceived as anti-Christian.

Ayingel

I say that we'll have a Jewish president next. Continuing our tradition of white males leading the country amok

not to mention who are good with money...that's why i think perhaps a jewish guy...

Princess

Well that's a bit of a stereotypical thing to say

Tsl

Does that mean Thurdsay is Jew hating day? Where's Chicken when you need him?!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.