Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
MsSolo

Someone attempts to publish fanfic

MsSolo

(Yes, I've been away a while,. but I knew you guys would appreciate this)

If you drop by Amazon, or Barnes&Noble or even Powells, you might stumble across a copy of Another Hope.

It's an AU fanfic, rewriting the classic trilogy from the basis that Luke&co die on Alderaan, and Padma's cousins take over the same role. It's... not very good. To add insult to injury, the author can't even get her facts straight (try reading the Amazon tempt pages). Star Fleet??

Oh, and it's $20.

But it's okay, because it's "not commercial" since it's only for her "friends and family". Check out her "interview", which has now been removed from her site.

Why is it gone? Well, it didn't take long at all for someone to tip off the real Right's Holders, and we all know what Lucasfilm can be like. Let's just hope they don't start clamping down on all fanfiction, aye?

Chickenman

It's... not very good. To add insult to injury, the author can't even get her facts straight (try reading the Amazon tempt pages). Star Fleet??

In my experience, 98% of fanfic isn't very good.

Ana

Riiiiiiight... she's charging her 'friends and family' to read her badly written SW fanfic.

I wanna be able to charge people for reading my fanfic... :cry:

GI_Admiral

lol yours isn't badly written though :p

Andy

LOL, thats new. Charging your friends to see your fanfic? Don't people usually give it their friends for free? :p

GI_Admiral

It's a good idea...Guys I wrote this awesome fan fic...20$s to read it!!! :D

Ana

Usually. So either this chick is Eric Cartman incarnate, or truly stupid enough to think that she wouldn't get in trouble for this.

Radioactive Isotope

*sigh* she's gonna give the rest of us a bad name.

GI_Admiral

What're you talking about!

Stardate 184923: Our Starfleet attacked the Rebel Spheres and Cubes. I reminded the troops that Wor- I mean Chewbacca was with them, and that we shouldn't let them assimilat- convert us to their cause.

:p

Darth Paladin

Its nice to know that you're not the thickest person on the planet isn't it?

Rogue

:rofl:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.