Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
GoodBeans

Astronoid.net, a Starwars? style online multiplayers shoot and race game !

GoodBeans

Hello everybody !

I'm a first days Starwars?fan (since the very first film).

First of all, excuse me for my english, it's not my native language, but I tried to write in a good english.

Second thing, please don?t take this message as ?spam?, I?m really here to share with the Starwars? fans community about a game I think you should be interested in. Feel free to react (about this message or the game), sure I?ll answer.

Few years ago, I decided to create a spaceships' race game in Starwars? style.

It's now ready, that's why I wanted to share this information with you all. Feel free to speak about it to anybody.

Astronoid.net is a game between Wipeout & Xwing vs Tie fighter. It?s a fast and intense Galactic Shoot & Race multi-players on-line game with an unequalled connectivity, which, after some simple arcade-like fun at the beginning, unveils a depth as impressive as the top racing simulations.

As great Starwars? fans, we tried to create a universe where we could have great piloting?s feelings worthy of the masterpiece that Starwars is for us.

We are proud of the result, it?s a real plebiscite from many players, in spite of our little budget.

Young and very little independant developpers? studio, we need you to continue to developp this game. We are really aware of all suggestions made by the players on Astronoid?s forum, so if you want to help us to do a great ?Starwars style? game, come and join the community !

There's a free unlimited (in time) version, so don't hesitate to have a look at it, sure you'll have fun with it for a long time !

You?ll find all the informations about this game on : www.astronoid.net

Astronoid the first online multi-players Shoot and Race game

Be carefull, the ?mouse piloting? can seem diverting at the beginning, but I can promise you that it?s a great fun once you?ve mastered it.

Good flights pilots ! May the force be with you !

GoodBeans

(game designer and producer)

GI_Admiral

I'll give it a try and report back :D

Edit:

A fun game. I could see it getting popular, however, not too many people on? Fun though. Kinda amix between those Water Racing games and like...star fox hahaha. Go through rings, but sometimes gets weapons. Also like how they have unlockable ships, and different ranks. Free trial but pay for rest. Good game though. B+/A-

Edited by GI_Admiral

GoodBeans

Thanks for taking time to try it and then to post about it GI Admiral, that's very kind of you. :)

As you say, there isn't many people on it yet :(

But I think the game is good enough to give fun to many gamers, the problem is, when you're a very little team, and you've spent all your money on developping the game...

You can't do any advertising, so nobody (except few frenchies !) really knows about this game...

Any help is welcome, so if you like it, don't hesitate to talk about it.

It would be so kind to help a 3 persons game studio :)

GI_Admiral

Yeah, if you got a few more people on it would be a lot of fun. (for example when I got on, only one other was on, and he was like...20 ranks above me so had this super fast ship :( )

Also I dunno, I think perhaps not giving people as many points for solo races. So you actually have to rely on others to get more fame. Just a suggestion

GoodBeans

Try to go on saturdays, there are more people. The real fun is when you race with plenty people, to much adrenaline and fun :)

Usually, people going on beginner's game take the same ship as beginners. if they don't, just ask them, generally they do it.

But probably you felt on someone who wanted to show that he had a bigger than you... some people haven't many ways to reassure themselves :lol:

What's your ID on astronoid ? Sure if I see you on tracks I'll come to say hello and teach you few tips...

Perhaps you're right about "solo mode".

Edited by GoodBeans

GI_Admiral

lol

BaronFel

PM me here or something if you wanna race.

Tsl

I shall have to give this a go when I have a day off. Sounds like fun!

GoodBeans

I reply here GI, sorry everybody, but your pm's box seem to be full...

"Tomorow if you want. Only problem, let's first see what time it is for you, where do you live ? I'm from Paris, it's 18:00 here right now.

We'll find an hour after that, what time (let's use GMT :lol: ) would be fine for you tomorow ?"

You can answer by pm if you tiddy up a little bit your box ;)

Edited by GoodBeans

GI_Admiral

Yeah...im too lazy to clear it...

You're 6 hours ahead of me. So hmm...

You're GMT+2?

If so, anytime after like 20:00 GMT or later :S?

GoodBeans

I'm lazy too about those things, but as a noob, I have a brand new box ! :lol:

I'm GMT +1, let's try at 22:00 or 23:00 GMT, hope we'll manage it :)

Cheers !

GI_Admiral

Hahaha we can certainly try!

GoodBeans

Ready I am ! :)

GI_Admiral

Beans, im on...is there some sort of chatting system?

Andy

Firstly, welcome to Galactic Basic, GoodBeans!

I'll have to try out that game sometime soon, looks interesting! :D

GI_Admiral

Bean owned me in it :( (Then again he did make the game lol)

GoodBeans

Sorry GI, but with my poor english understanding, I really don't understand what your sentence means ?

Could you explain me ?

I was happy to meet you on the tracks :)

You're a quite good pilot , I was really impressed (honnestly, I thought I'd come to help you, and instead of that, I raced with you :)

And you beat me one time (that's not good at all :lol:

Andy

He means you beat him really well.

Anyone who beats GI is good in my books. ;)

GI_Admiral

Owned is an online term for what Beeurd said "beating"

I beat you twice :p But you had your silly mine traps....:(

But it was fun, we should do it again

GoodBeans

Thanks for the explanations.

Sure we will play again :)

I like to play with anglophone, it improves my english. And you're already a great pilot, so it's not annoying !

We can also try the "race" mode, but it's not as funny as "killkill" :lol:

We could also try "frag'n'pass", the planet "space burger" is great (but difficult).

See you soon,

Bye :)

GI_Admiral

We could lol, but itd take me a few races to figure the course out :p

Chickenman

I'll have to try this out.

GoodBeans

Hello Chickenman :)

So have you tried it out ?

If anybody wants to play right now, I'm on the tracks :) (so BaronHel if you're there...)

My ID is snail1

Cheers,

See you,

Edited by GoodBeans

GoodBeans

Hello everybody,

A little post to let you know that Astronoid 2.0.1 is out.

What?s new about it ? Beginner server is still free and there?s now a new track called moontwist. A really tricky and technical track with buildings and tunnels... don?t try it on rusty tanker ship first ;)

Another new thing is that rusty tanker has been upgraded. The boost is far longer which means the races are lot faster. I had to change all my driving practices, but it?s more fun like this...

You don?t need to download a new version, just run astronoid and the update will be automatic. For those who don?t have astronoid yet and whom are too lazy to search, here?s the link :

http://www.astronoid.net/en/accueil/index.html

Here?s a new players video, it?s on race mode with tiger squale, no weapon, the idea was to show that astronoid is the fastest online racing game, and you have real collision and shooting in it...

Video :

http://downloadbis.astronoid.net/videos/As...Epitaf-Prov.avi

That?s it :)

Hoping to meet some of you on tracks soon,

Have a nice week-end,

Cheers !

Edited by GoodBeans

GI_Admiral

long time no see Beans!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.