Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Ana

House M.D.

Ana

Because suddenly, House fans seem to be coming out of the woodwork...

Discuss the awesomeness of it all here!

Andy

Never heard of it. :p

Andy

Never heard of it. :p

Tsl

Omg...that show is terrible. Completely whacked up innaccurate. ANd not just dumb Hollywood innacurate....just....dumb innacurate. And the main character is an asshole doctor. Is that supposed to be funny? I just want to kill him. lol

Radioactive Isotope

omg, i LOVE House. he kinda reminds me of me in a way, lol it's funny you should say that, Tsl, cuz my grandfather is a retired OB/GYN and he says it's one of the most accurate shows he's seen. of course i realize they have to add a Hollywood flair, but it's still cool. :D

Mara

I never really got into this.... I watched a couple episodes, but stopped.

GI_Admiral

Hmmm Once again I was converted by Ana :p

And of course a mean doctor is funny...cause it goes against the stereotypes that all doctors are nice. He also has a quirky sense of humor. You're just jealous :p

Andy

my grandfather is a retired OB/GYN and he says it's one of the most accurate shows he's seen.

Yeah, but as far as medical shows go, that isn't saying much. :p

They all tend to be inaccurate by degrees of infinity. :p

Ana

I think it's awesome... House is as abrasive as hell, but in a good way. And yes, it's somewhat formulaic from ep to ep (Get case. Guess at what's wrong. Be wrong. Repeat twice more. House has epiphany. Case solved.) but it's still fascinating. I don't care if it's not medically accurate or if it's too outlandish. The characters are great. James Wilson rocks my socks.

Radioactive Isotope

and Chase is hott :D

Ana

Duhyeah. Him and those pens, while doing the crossword...

Tsl

And of course a mean doctor is funny...cause it goes against the stereotypes that all doctors are nice. He also has a quirky sense of humor. You're just jealous :p

Er...there's a stereotype that all doctors are nice? :|

And JM, everybody I work with thinks it's stupid and really really innacurate too. I mean in one episode I watched, they did a freakin' spinal tap in a busy hallway while the resident was getting bumped and jostled just because they had no beds open. That's what trauma rooms/careflight/MICUs are for, people! Stupidness.

Edited by The Tsl

Bad furday

I don't think House is mean enough... :twisted: ;)

Radioactive Isotope

I mean in one episode I watched, they did a freakin' spinal tap in a busy hallway while the resident was getting bumped and jostled just because they had no beds open. That's what trauma rooms/careflight/MICUs are for, people! Stupidness.

oh yeah. the one with the menengitis outbreak and the pregnant 12 year old. my favorite happens to be the one with the guy who got gout meds instead of cough meds.

Rogue

I don't care how inaccurate it is. It's just too freaking hilarious not to watch. :D

Mara

Er...there's a stereotype that all doctors are nice? :|

And JM, everybody I work with thinks it's stupid and really really innacurate too. I mean in one episode I watched, they did a freakin' spinal tap in a busy hallway while the resident was getting bumped and jostled just because they had no beds open. That's what trauma rooms/careflight/MICUs are for, people! Stupidness.

Shows always go for drama over accuracy.

That's what makes people watch 'em.

Andy

Indeed. Drama over accuracy... AKA, The Patriot, Braveheart, U571, to name but a few.

GI_Admiral

What are you talking about the Patriot being inaccurate!!

Mel Gibson single handedly took out the Brits!!! :p

Ayingel

anyone catch the finale tonight?

Radioactive Isotope

i added a spoiler warning, so feel free to discuss. my reaction: ZOMG! :wail:

it kinda hit close to home for me since i lost a significant other to a freak accident, so, yes i cried. i kept thinking something miraculous would happen and they would save her. i mean, come on. it's House. i was finally getting fond of her and i enjoyed seeing her and House fight over Wilson. and we have to wait until freaking next fall to see if Wilson hates House.

it's also interesting to note that 13 does indeed have Huntington's. will she be the next one to go so Cameron can come back?

Edited by Radioactive Isotope

Ayingel

no, i think that it will just add to the drama...

i found it hard to watch too...i've seen a lot of those machines before with my dad and my sister...(sister: heart and lungs; dad: liver)...i found myself bawling towards the end...

mebbe wilson will leave next...idk...

Radioactive Isotope

noooooooooooo! not Wilson! i love Wilson....

i think he'll be angry and resentful toward House for at least the first part of the season, but eventually he'll accept that it was an accident and no one's fault. at least, i how that's how it works.

Princess

I was just shocked when Amber died. I mean come on, she's the vengeful b****

Ayingel

and she made wilson happy

Princess

She was the female version of House

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.