Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

My Crusade Against Target

Princess

Target is one of my favorite stores, I shop there all the time. Or at least, I did until last night. 2 weeks ago I bought a new swimsuit for my trip to Great Wolf Lodge and they weren't on sale. Now Target has a policy that if someting goes on sale within the next 14 days then you can get a price adjustment. So I didn't have time during the week to go and get the price adjustment because of work and other appointments so I went last night since that's when the sale ended. I go up to the service desk and ask for a price adjustment and the employee tells me that she can't give me a price adjustment because my receipt is 16 days old! So I storm out of the store and get out to my car and decide that I want to talk to the manager in charge, so back into the store I go. I've worked in retail, I know that managers can override things. He tells me that there's nothing that I can do, however receipts are good for 90 days for returns so I could of course return it and let it get processed and make it back out to the floor and then buy it again for the sale price. Like I'm gonna do that to a swimsuit that I've worn repeatedly and washed a couple of times and no longer has the tags or hygenic liner in it. I know their return policy and they'd never take it back that way. :roll:

So now, I shall boycott Target and I encourage you to do the same.

Andy

I'll never shop there again!

Not that I do anyway.

Because they like don't have stores this side of the Atlantic... ;)

Insyana

Not fair, but it's policy.

next time be prompt. thumb.gif

Edited by Insider

Alexander

Target's great, don't be hatin'!

Bad furday

You should have been more prompt!

Princess

Well common sense would say "It went on sale within the 14 day time period and is still on sale so the adjustment should be given" but I guess that "The customer is always right" just doesn't happen anymore

Andy

"The customer is always right" is just something that annoying customers say when they don't get what they want. :p

Princess

No, that's how it used to be when customer service meant something

Andy

But usually the customer is wrong anyway. :p

Alexander

Yeah, that's the first thing they teach you at jobs during orientation - the customer is most of the time, wrong. Stores like Wal-Mart and Target list their return policies in the customer service area, so they are not really the one's at fault here.

GI_Admiral

lol boycotting target cause you felt that you should get an extension?

Rules are rules, dont hate them for following the job =/

Princess

:roll:

I'm upset because the manager did nothing to try to help me. I mean he could have even returned it and resold it to me right there at the service desk just using the numbers on the receipt. But he wanted nothing to do with making the customer happy.

Alexander

Well, a 14-day breathing period for the customer to reflect upon their purchase is more than gratious on the part of the seller.

Tsl

lol, why's everybody being so antagonistic. Y'all know if it was you, you'd be just as pissed.

It's like when I was at Krogers the other day and asked someone in the dairy dept. if I could have some boxes. "Uh, I dunno, you'll have to go to customer service." Yeah, like customer service has tons of boxes... So I ask the very next person I see and she says "Sure!" and proceeds to hand me about 6 big egg boxes. Took her about 30 seconds to do.

Sure, I'm certain it's not in the job description to fetch boxes, but a little curteousy never hurt anyone. When I'm at work, I'll fetch linens and water and whatever else for people. I don't have time, really, but what does another minute or two do to really set me back?

GI_Admiral

People are people

Id be upset but id shrug it off...

Mickey

Ya Target sucks. One time I went in there and asked a manager if I could have some video games for free and he told me no!! Can you believe that crap?

Sorry ... couldn't resist

Tsl

Very comparable example. Kudos on that :p

Insyana

People are people

Id be upset but id shrug it off...

Lay off the drugs!

Andy

I was at Krogers the other day and asked someone in the dairy dept. if I could have some boxes. "Uh, I dunno, you'll have to go to customer service." Yeah, like customer service has tons of boxes... So I ask the very next person I see and she says "Sure!" and proceeds to hand me about 6 big egg boxes. Took her about 30 seconds to do.

lol yeah, we occasionally get people coming in asking for boxes. It saves space in our bins so we always get them if we have time, lol.

An apparently, according to a removals bloke, Mac Fries boxes are the perfect size for packing things to move house. hehe

Mara

lol, why's everybody being so antagonistic. Y'all know if it was you, you'd be just as pissed.

It's like when I was at Krogers the other day and asked someone in the dairy dept. if I could have some boxes. "Uh, I dunno, you'll have to go to customer service." Yeah, like customer service has tons of boxes... So I ask the very next person I see and she says "Sure!" and proceeds to hand me about 6 big egg boxes. Took her about 30 seconds to do.

Sure, I'm certain it's not in the job description to fetch boxes, but a little curteousy never hurt anyone. When I'm at work, I'll fetch linens and water and whatever else for people. I don't have time, really, but what does another minute or two do to really set me back?

No, I wouldn't.. because if I was over the 14 day limit.. I wouldn't even bother.

Meh, I don't shop at Target much anyway.

I was at Krogers the other day and asked someone in the dairy dept. if I could have some boxes. "Uh, I dunno, you'll have to go to customer service." Yeah, like customer service has tons of boxes... So I ask the very next person I see and she says "Sure!" and proceeds to hand me about 6 big egg boxes. Took her about 30 seconds to do.

lol yeah, we occasionally get people coming in asking for boxes. It saves space in our bins so we always get them if we have time, lol.

An apparently, according to a removals bloke, Mac Fries boxes are the perfect size for packing things to move house. hehe

People take old boxes from my work all the time.. :p

GI_Admiral

Too late insider :p

Brumak

Now Target has a policy that if someting goes on sale within the next 14 days then you can get a price adjustment.

Was there any limitation/end to that bargain?

IE...was or is there a final date for that...?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.