Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Legacy (comic series) [SPOILERS]

Chris Loves You

While I don't mind the return of the Sith, I don't particularly care for setting the story 100 years into the future. I mean, I figured the Galaxy would be solved by then, but... *shrug*

Then again, I'm not a very big fan of anything that's been set after the New Jedi Order books so far.

Andy

Well, thats only one (not very good) series so far isn't it?

Chickenman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsl

Hey, all that matters is that Luke has to be dead.

And that makes it grrrreat!

Mara

But not his grandkids and greatgrandkids. ;)

Meh, I don't read the comics any way. To me, they don't really count. :p

Andy

Well, as I prolly won't RP that far in the future of the SW universe then it prolly won't affect me anyways. But you know.

Tsl

But not his grandkids and greatgrandkids. ;)

Meh, I don't read the comics any way. To me, they don't really count. :p

That's okay. I like Ben alright so far. And Jaina (very close relative) is one of my favorite characters, even though the authors repeatedly try to screw her up.

PUT HER BACK IN KRIFFING ROGUE SQUADRON YOU MORONS!!!!!!!

*ahem* ^^;

Edited by The Tsl

Mara

In a hundred years, Jaina probably won't be around either.

Tsl

My point was....

It's not the family I hate, it's the Luke. As long as we are sans Luke, it is a good thing.

However, I don't buy comics because they cost too much for the small amount of content you get. Only ones I bought were teh Rogue Squadron one, because I'm in love with the Rogues. Yes, really.

Mara

I don't own any.. and the only one I ever read was Union...... other than that, I think comic books are pretty worthless. They discuss most of those happenings in the novels any way.

Chickenman

Comic books arn't worthless. Only reason I don't have many is they're too much of a hassle to pick up every month.

Andy

I don't own any.. and the only one I ever read was Union...... other than that, I think comic books are pretty worthless. They discuss most of those happenings in the novels any way.

Tales of the Jedi was an awesome series. Which led to two best-selling video games, and has a lot of backhistory to the Jedi Order. Plus the most awesome Sith Lords ever, of course. I go for the graphic novels though... Can't be arsed fiddling with crappy-paper-comics. I gots about 20 altogether.

Neil1

They look awesome. Anyone read one yet?

Uncle Du

I happened to see #2 at 7-11 the other day, so I picke dit up and read through it. It doesn't seem too bad, but I'm telling ya, it's apparent that it's set 100 years past ANYTHING we know about the EU, because the Sith are back and thriving! Gone is the whole "Only 2" philosphy, there's a freakin bunch of them. And apparently the Empire is back as well. I think that these comics are kinda making their own path, and won't be considered part of the beloved EU timeline that we've all come to know. Though, it is a Dark Horse comic, so they do have some clout in the SW community.

Also, I just went on TFAW.com and ordered the first four, and pre-oredered the next three. Screw that trying to remember to go to the bookstore crap to get them. I'l pay a little extra to have em delivered. :p

Andy

Yeah, from my helping out at the Star Wars Wiki, I learned a lot of background of this.

Basically to summarise how the Empire are back:

There was still a lot of hatred towards the Yuuzhan Vong, for that little invasion thingy they did, but the Galactic Alliance and the Jedi worked with Vong shapers to develop vongforming that would help restore devestated worlds. All was going well until the Sith interfered, causing divisions in the GA, as people accused the Vong and the Jedi of doing it deliberatly. The Empire split from the Alliance and retook control.

As for how the Sith came to be about again... I think that is explained in the current Legacy of the Force series of novels.

Uncle Du

OK, so I got #'s 0-2 in the mail today. Zero was basically an overview of the...how do you say...dramatis personna...or something. Then there was a little info about new vehicles and whatnot.

Number One dealt with the fall of Ossus and, once again, the shattering of the Jedi Order. Kron Skywalker is killed, and Cade Skywalker is presumed so. Lord Krayt (now leader of the Sith), went to Coruscant and took the throne of the Empire from Roan Fel, but did not kill Fel, he killed a double. That's the jist of #1.

In Two, the setting is seven years in the future, and that's when Cade is reintroduced, now as the bounty hunter. He has dropped the Skywalker, and has shunned the Jedi way. Not even his partners know he was a Jedi.

Also in this issue, there's the introduction of Darth Talon, this badass Twi'lek that I would let whoop my ass, if it meant I could make out with her. :p Lord Krayt deemed her as one of his hands, firmly taking her place as one of the best and ruthless characters in the series.

Oh yea, and apparently, Krayt has been around for quite some time, actually, I believe he's old enough to have been around during the Clone Wars. He has been in hiding, re-building the Sith order, and abolishing the "Rule of Two", and making the new "Rule of One"...the one being the Sith Order and nothing else.

So far, I think it's alright. I am getting kinda tired of the big circle that the SW universe seems to rotate in. The Jedi take over, peace reigns for a while, the Sith come back, take all the Jedi out, the Sith are back in hiding, building more power again, the Jedi get careless and complacent, there's infighting, and the Sith come back and devastate the Jedi again. It's getting a touch predictable. But, it's SW, so I must have it. I must.

Uncle Du

I got #3 in the mail yesterday.

In this issue, Emperor Roan Fel arrives on Bastion, where most of the remaining Imperials that are still loyal to him and not Lord Krayt have gathered. Meanwhile, his daughter, is still being persued by Darth Talon, and end up on the Mynock, Cade Skywalkers ship. We also find out that Cade is a death stick addict, and apparently he uses them to keep Luke from appearing to him in ethereal form. He and Luke have a conversation about Cade's destiny, at which point Cade get's high.

That's pretty much the gist of this one. Let me know if anyone is actually interested in reading this, or if I'm just wasting my time. :p

Andy

lol, I've been following it through Wookieepedia so I get the basic gist of the series. I find it funny that Cade resorts to Death Sticks to block out Luke... hehe

Uncle Du

Yea, I think I would have to resort to that too, cause Luke is kinda annoying. :p

In teh last issue, when Luke was talking to Cade, there was so much foreshadowing, that I can almost exactly tell how the series is going to end. Basically, "Every Skywalker has a destiny that we must fulfill," type thing. Though it would be kinda cool to see Cade go evil, and just waste everyone. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.