Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Outbound Flight

Mara

Any one else excited? I am.

I can't wait to find out what exactly went on with the Outbound Flight.. and how it went wrong.

Jorus C'baoth is coool.

Tsl

After Zahn's last "effort", I don't think I'll be bothering with this one. :|

Mara

Oh?

What was wrong with SQ?

Edited by Mara

Tsl

It was dumb. Badly written, enough holes in the plot to make swiss cheese jealous.

Mara

Oh, I liked it. It was good to go back to those characters after reading about annoying Mr Anakin in the Clone Wars ...

It's been a while since I've read it... I dont' remember much of the plot. ;p

Tsl

I can't remember specifics, I just remember getting to the end and going "Oh my God..."

I seem to also remember the general storyline being fairly good up until it took some plot twist near the end that was so unbelieveably dumb that it made all the plot holes unforgiveable. It gave the overall impression that Zahn had taken no real interest in the book and was simply turning out a money maker without any real regard for quality or depth. I wanted to write to Zahn and demand that he personally refund my $7.99 or whatever it was. I was glad I waited for paperback, that's for damned sure.

Mara

Hmm.... all I remember is that I liked it... I'll have to reread a summary or something.

And paperback is always the way to go.. when I start getting the EU, that's all I'm going to get.

Tsl

I like hardbacks, personally. Besides, sometimes, one cannot wait for the paperback to come out, lol. Especially if it's a Harry Potter book :p

Mara

*shrug*

Anyway, perhaps we should discuss OF. :p

Princess

And perhaps you should let the mods do their job since one random comment isn't a huge problem. :roll:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. Everything seems to have slowed down since the hectic release rate for the clone wars novels and I'm looking forward to some fresh reading

Andy

she wasn't exactly harming anyone :???:

Mara

Um, yeah.. I was just casually reminding that this is about OF not SQ.... :/

Chickenman

And perhaps she was just making a friendly suggestion, helping to move the flow of the thread along. :roll:

Personally, not interested in the book, to tell the truth.

Mara

Oh I dunno.. I'm really interested to find out what exactly happened with Outbound Flight and get to know Jorus more before he was turned into an evil clone. :p

Plus, I just love Zahn..

And I think Thrawn is in it. Who's also cool.

Chickenman

Thrawn = 1337

Mara

Totally.

Princess

I picked it up today, it's next on my reading list

Princess

Ok I finished it last night and it was rather interesting. C'boath's turn to the dark side is really no surprise after reading the original Thrawn trilogy but for the life of me I can't place Jorj Car'das. Guess it's time to read the Thrawn books again. Good read

Tsl

Eh, I think I'm going to break down and pick this one up. Only because I'm going nuts waiting for the next post-NJO book :p

Princess

I found it to be a long read. Not that the book is huge or anything, just takes a while to get into

Tsl

I just started it. not bad so far, but I'm only like 3 chapters in, lol

Radioactive Isotope

it's one of those books that you read for the last hundred pages or so. not to say the rest of the book is boring, but that's when all the different pieces come together. i really enjoyed this book. it did take me awhile and 3 times of checking it out from the library to finish it (dang 7-day limit of bestsellers....), but it was worth it.

Mara

It was good.. but not quite what I was expecting. I thought it would be focusing a lot more on the actual flight and things they saw... I didn't realize it had ended so early.

And the first half of the book was a bit slow, before it gets to the actual point of the book.

I guess I was expecting something a bit different. *shrug*

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.