Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Brumak

*sigh...*

Brumak

Ok...why is it that when one drinks, smokes, etc etc.....

He/she gets depressed.....I really don't feel like searching it myself....but I'm curious...mainly because I get this way when I'm under the influence of any sort of substance...

Heh....guess this will show GB what I'm like underneath everything...but....Why is it that substances help with depression? (at least with me....)

Personally I hate coping with sith on my own....and since I've been here...you guys have grown on me...how can I stop thinking that everything is meaningless?

Ahhah...don't want to depress any of you....I just want some insight, some help. I'm pretty much sick and tired of thinking that everything is meaningless.....

Help O_o

Andy

Well, alcohol is a depressant, so it's not the best thing to drink if you are down.

I'll talk to ye on MSNyness.

Brumak

Thing is I don't drink when I'm down.

But when I drink for an extended perioud of time, I get down. Eh....I don't know....I'm rambling...and feeling like sith. Sorry.

GI_Admiral

Like beeurd said, alcohol is a depressent. That's why you see some people, when they get drunk, just start bawling about any problem. It's also why some Japanese say that sake tastes bitter if you have a guilty mind, but sweet when you dont. Because most depressents bring back guilt and what not.

Uh depending on what you're smoking, that has different neurological effects.

Insyana

Alcohol also gives you an increased sense of confidence. Obviously this deflates when the alcohol affect wear's off. Sports can also do this.

This is going to be hypocrticical... "you've obviously got personal problems you need to attend to." Try exorcising and exercising. Competing helps to, I guess.

Darth Paladin

"you've obviously got personal problems you need to attend to."

Never thought I'd hear anyone around here say that.

Anywho if you think things are bad, which you probably do, and that they can't get any worse, its only because you lack sufficient imagination. It seems to me you're focusing too much on the negatives.

Edited by Darth Paladin

Andy

Really? I hear it all the time... ;)

Tsl

It's all in the brain chemistry, as GI (I think it was GI, too lazy to look) said. It's not really anything about the act of drinking/smoking/snorting/whatevering, it's just the way it screws with the dopamine and norepinehrine in your head.

There are other things you can do besides drugs to get the upper effect, like exersize, chocolate, caffiene, playing with puppies, lol. All of those things have been shown to have the same sort of neurochemical changes.

The problem with the drugs is they can lead to permanent changes in your neurochemistry with repeated use, the harder ones can do it even after one or two hits, that can cause clinical depression. Weed is really bad for causing long term depression too, and the more you smoke, the stronger and longer the depression. I believe I heard the statistic somewhere that it only takes like 10 joints.

Darth Paladin

Uh, Caffiene's a drug, so its not reccomended you swap one for another. You'll just build up a dependancy all the same.

Andy

True, it is. But it is afar 'softer' drug, and its argueably a lot easier to quit a caffiene dependancy, IMO. Not that I ever tried to quit my preciousss caffiene... ;)

Darth Paladin

*Rolls a joint*

Here this'll help you quit.

Andy

I don't want to, thanks.

*sips coffee*

hehe! COFFEE! :nutty:

Brumak

Anywho if you think things are bad, which you probably do, and that they can't get any worse, its only because you lack sufficient imagination. It seems to me you're focusing too much on the negatives.

Things get bad occasionally, but It wasn't that I thought they couldn't get worse. I've only had an extremely bad day once, and when I'm down I always try to think things could be worse.

I just have my moments went sith just hits the fan, and everything sucks. Kind of a little cycle lol, last night I just felt like actually doing something about it.

Thanks for the help guys ^_^

*Rolls a joint*

Here this'll help you quit.

*steals it* O_o

Darth Paladin

NOOOO! ITS OURS!

*Bites Anubis' finger off and steals joint back*

It came to me my love, my own.

See, you think you have problems?

Edited by Darth Paladin

Andy

Oh gawd, it's like when Pod and Prin used to fight over the stash of spice. :roll:

Darth Paladin

:shock: There's spice?!?

Brumak

What kind of spices are we talking about here o_O

Mara

Paprika?

Brumak

Eh, not a huge fan of paprika =P

Mara

:p

Princess

Oh gawd, it's like when Pod and Prin used to fight over the stash of spice. :roll:

*ears perk up* Spice? Did someone say spice?

Brumak

Lmfao...

TheUnknown

Somewhere in Memphis, the word "spice" just reached Pod's ears. Maybe that'll get her ass back here. :p

Andy

I dunno, I keep trying to get her to come back but she won't. lol

I think i must have asked her so many times at C3...

Hmm, maybe thats why I don't see her online, maybe she blocked me cos i was getting annoying :p

Brumak

Great, you scared her away :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.