Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Luke Skywalker: Pansy or just plain awesome?

Mara

Without Luke, nothing would have happened, so there! :p

Tsl

Without Luke, the badass Sith would still rule and Leia probably would have become the first of the new Jeedai. :p

Luke is a total pansey.

I'm diappointed...I expected this to be a poll, lol.

Andy

So did I... And it seems you can't edit to add one any more... :(

Tsl

Boooo!

Mara

Sorry. It's a discussion. :p

Ender

Paaaaaaansy.

GI_Admiral

Pffft don't be hating Luke, he saved the galaxy!

Tsl

And then tried to lose it again....

Andy

Pffft don't be hating Luke, he saved the galaxy!

Pfft, anyone could do that. :p

GI_Admiral

He destroyed the Empire

Tsl

I don't dispute he did good in the movie story arch...it's what he did later that makes him a complete deuche bag.

Mara

GI is supporting Luke? :p

Well.. I think Luke was even better in the EU than in the movies, not disconcerting all the great things he did in the movies.

Andy

Well, in the movies, he blew up the Death Star, and then the rest fo the time just got the crap beat outta him :p

Mara

Um, he saved his dad. :p

GI_Admiral

He restored the Jedi Order :p

Mara

He saved the universe... multiple times.

Tsl

Then became a hippy pansey and sat on his ass while the Vong destroyed everything. He paralyzed the Jedi and continues to do so to some extent in the latest books.

Mara

You expect his job to be easy? He had a lot going on... many things to consider. Leading the Jedi was not an easy task.

If you want to talk about ass-sitting, then use Han. He did nothing for like three years. The big girl.

Yes, I understand that he lost two people close to him, but there was a war going on. Mourn them and move on, instead of moping around for years doing nothing but growing a beard.

Any way, back to Luke's awesomeness.

Tsl

So Han...being an old man and leader of, ummm...let's see....nothing? He is to blame for the war....right.

Luke, yes...his job is so hard. It must be difficult telling the Jedi they shouldn't act lest they step on a bug or two. It must've been really hard for him to send his 16 year old nephew to lead a commando mission into Vong territory even though Anakin had no experience in such matters, the mission was pointless and he had a Colonel who was experienced in ground operations at his disposal.

The poor, poor man. If he can't handle it, move out of the way and let somebody with balls take over.

Mara

He didn't realize it was going to turn into such a delicate matter. He said so himself.

Tsl

lol, you're telling me that it's okay, because he didn't realize that by doing nothing, he would be harming the future of the galaxy?

Gee....I didn't realize that by not putting out that grease fire that my whole house would eventually go up in flames. I was afraid I'd hurt the grease fire's feelings though. But it's okay, because once the house was burnt to the ground, I called 9-1-1 and got it put out. I are teh hero!

Mara

No, I'm saying that at that moment Luke didn't realize the war would be focused there. Later he realized his error but it was too late to recall them all. And sending reinforcements would have been even worse in that situation.

Andy

Um, he saved his dad. :p
After having the crap beat outta him. Several times. :p

He restored the Jedi Order :p
With many beatings along the way. ;)

Tsl

No, I'm saying that at that moment Luke didn't realize the war would be focused there. Later he realized his error but it was too late to recall them all. And sending reinforcements would have been even worse in that situation.

Sounds like you're talking about a specific battle, which I'm not really familiar with or something. I'm talking about the whole war in general. It is readily acknowleged in the beginning that the Jedi are the only ones really effective even a little bit against the Vong, yet Luke decides to play Queen of the Hippies.

Or if you're talking about the Myrkr mission, which wouldn't make sense at all, really, so I doubt it... Obviously sending a small group of teenagers with attitude problems behind enemy lines is a bad idea. I mean....duh. And the mission objective itself was stupid. Kill the genetically engineered voxyn queen to prevent there being anymore voxyn. Apparently the Vong are too stupid to just genetically engineer another queen....Luke is such an idiot, lol.

Of course, the real problem here is BAD WRITING! SW authors suck so bad...lol.

Rogue

Okay, Luke has done the best he could with the information that he had at the time. Under the same circumstances i wish i could have done as good as he has.

And Luke didn't start the war. I seem to remember that the Yuuzhan Vong got kicked off Zonama Sekot because they were war mongers. They lost all the worlds they had, they lost thier home, they floated in the void, fought with eachother for a while and then Shimrra (Onimi) tried to unify the race against an outside force. Also i don't think they would have specifically targeted the Jedi if they weren't doing thier job, would they? Cause obviousdly they saw Luke's New Jedi Order as a threat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.