Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Ayingel

Because of You

Ayingel

yeah...here's another one...speculation...

I will not make the same mistakes that you did

I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery

I will not break the way you did, you fell so hard

In the dark room, there was no sound. No movement, no sign of any sort of life. Deciding this was the place for her, Revan sat down on the floor away from the door, in a corner, where she could not ever be seen. Her black robes were her friend as she pulled them tightly around her. Lowering her head to her knees, she began sobbing quietly. “I can’t believe he would do that,” she thought to herself. “How could Malak possibly turn to someone like that when I give him so much love? I thought he loved me!” Her tears became more bitter as she realized she must leave him.

I've learned the hard way to never let it get that far

Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk

Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

Because of you, I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me

Because of you…

Revan was crying again. Only, this time, she was not alone. The room was not dark, and the best person to come into her life since that last moment in time was holding her. Her tears were soaked up by a pilot’s shirt in a small room of a ship. “Don’t worry, Revan,” said Carth, gently stroking her hair. “I won’t let anything bad happen. I won’t hurt you. Shhhh…” He rocked her back and forth the way he rocked Dustil when he had nightmares as a small boy.

“But it isn’t that,” Revan said. “I am a mess because of him. Look at what he’s done to me now, after so much time!” Revan clenched her fist. Carth brushed her hand, and she relented.

…I am afraid

I lose my way, and it's not too long before you point it out

I cannot cry, because I know that's weakness in your eyes

I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh everyday of my life

Revan lifted her head from her knees. Her eyes cut like knives in the dark, and she knew immediately what room she had gone into. On the wall next to the door was the workbench, and on the adjacent wall was the weapons rack. Getting up, she crossed to the wall and looked at the various weapons for her choosing. Settling on a small blaster, she walked out of the room and made her way towards Malak’s quarters.

Before she got close, she stuck the blaster in a hidden pocket inside of her robes. She gently opened the door, and walked in. Malak was sitting at a desk, seemingly writing a letter. “Something wrong Revan?” asked Malak. “You look as though you’ve rubbed your eyes beyond all help.”

“Yes,” said Revan, “that’s it. I was cleaning off some shelves.” “Of some weapons. Of my mind. Of ways to kill you. After all, it’s only fair after what you’ve done to me,” she thought to herself.

My heart can't possibly break, when it wasn't even whole to start with

I watched you die

It was then that Malak stood up and walked over to her. He grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her towards him. As she was being pulled, the blaster slipped out of the pocket and landed on the floor. “I knew you were up to something,” said Malak, with a frightening calmness. He picked up the blaster. “You wouldn’t be trying to kill yourself, would you?” Revan only stared at him with a cold, hard gaze. “Well, answer me!” He raised his arm to strike her.

Revan pulled her arm back from his grasp. She force pushed him to the wall, and watched him hit the floor. “Never raise your fist towards me.” With that she pulled out her lightsabre and ignited it. The crimson glow added an eerie glow to her hatred. She walked towards him and swung the blade.

I heard you cry every night in your sleep

I was so young

You should have known better than to lean on me

You never thought of anyone else

You just saw your pain

Carth was stroking her hair, holding her head to his chest. “It’s okay,” he whispered. “That was your past. We’re far from that now, right?” She nodded. “Everything will be alright. I’ll never leave you…never hurt you. I, I love you.”

Revan stopped crying. “What?” she asked.

“You heard me. I love you. And that means that I accept your past and I will live with it. He’s dead now. You saved yourself Revan.”

“You helped save me, Carth. I love you, too.” She placed her head back on his chest. Carth tightened his grip on her.

And as Revan drifted off to sleep, she heard his heart beating for her.

And now I cry in the middle of the night for the same thing

Song: Because of You by Kelly Clarkson.

Edited by Smurfette

Andy

Aww... I thought it was gonna be the good KotOR then. But no, its the silly wannabe-KotOR... ;)

Ender

Kelly Clarkson should be eaten alive by rabies-infested tabby cats.

Ayingel

really? is that just because she is successful?

Andy

Probably. My cousin has the same attitude as Ender, lol. ;)

PS: I'm not a Kelly Clarkson fan either, btw. :p

Ender

No. I like lots of bands that are really successful. It's because she's trying to be rock, and it's slander to the name. Also, she synthesizes her vocals on that song Since You've Been Gone, or whatever it's called. I have no respect for people that need to synthesize their vocals. It's up there with selling out on my list.

Ayingel

...if you record a song...you usually end up doing some synthesizing...nobody's perfect...there's always stuff you can't fix yourself by doing it over again...

Edited by Smurfette

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.