Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Darth EU Continuity Error's Domain

Andy

Thought I'd make a thread for continuity errors, lol.

I was reading The Joiner King, and I got to a part where silly Mr Denning says that the R2s were originally an Imperial design.

Uhh, what Empire? Did he not watch the PT?

Mara

He could mean Imperial in a general sense.....not pertaining to the Empire.

Andy

He could mean Imperial in a general sense.....not pertaining to the Empire.

Suuuure. :p

Besides, immediatly after that he mentions defection to the Rebellion :p

Edited by beeurd

Uncle Du

Maybe the Empire took credit for creating the R2's. :p

Radioactive Isotope

something else i've recently noticed. the Noghri have pretty much a life debt to Leia and her family, right? so where are they in the YJK/JJK series?

Rebel_Ghost

They (the Noghri) weren't introduced until later. Hold on, they were in Last Command, right? And Last Command was set before the YJK/JJK series, wasn't it?

Ana

Last Command is right when Jacen and Jaina were born. Books where Jacen and Jaina are teenagers would come after that.

Princess

Methinks that we'll be needing this during the EU challenge

Princess

On page 32 of Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor Stover mentions that the stormtrooper Klick is proud because he is an original Fett clone and has been for 25 years. How? I'm guessing because this was written before the Republic Commando series that introduced that problem, but if that was going to be such a big part of the Republic Commando books, shouldn't the editing staff have known this and preemptively stopped this cannon error?

Bad furday

Unfortunately, I doubt Lucasfilm Publishing has a geek in a room that screams "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" whenever he finds there is a continuity error. :( :p

• Upvote 1

Ana

I. WANT. that job.

Bad furday

Who wouldn't? :p :D

Drake

Throughout the Fate of the Jedi series, Amelia/Allana Solo occasionally has brown hair and sometimes its her natural red. You would think that they would keep it brown since they're trying to hide her.

Also, in one of the books (I think it was Allies), C-3PO calls her Allana despite being unaware of her true identity.

James the Defender

Also, in one of the books (I think it was Allies), C-3PO calls her Allana despite being unaware of her true identity.

Well, I hate to say it, but that's Christie Golden for ya! Instant Price is Wrong

Princess

Page 85 of Ascension, Jaina just calls Luke, Luke, instead of Uncle Luke, which she calls him on the next page again

Drake

Kinda weird but I don't think that would constitute a continuity error. :p

Ana

Agreed, I've been known to address my aunts and uncles just by their names... Heck, I do that with my parents if I'm really pissy. :p

Radioactive Isotope

Characterizations in FOTJ as a whole have been inconsistent and terrible. Case in point: Ben. He's a capable Jedi with more combat experience than most Jedi his age and a karking good investigator. And FOTJ has him getting all melty the at the first sight of a pretty girl. Luke's been OOC a lot as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.