Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Dragonball

Chickenman

Anyone else a fan?

Dragonball and Dragonball Z was one of the greatest action animes ever. Unfortunatly, it started getting sucky towards the end. The Majin Buu saga kind of ruined it, and then Dragonball GT absolutly desecrated it. But it was kickass while it lasted.

Edited by Chickenman Is Better Than You

Andy

I saw a bit of Dragonball GT while I was in Indy... I thought it sucked. lol

Chickenman

Dragonball GT did suck. Muchly. You can't suck much more than Dragonball GT did.

Tsl

I never cared for any of it, really.

Drake

I used to watch Dragonball when I was a kid then stopped at Dragonball Z. I now realize that the whole thing is kinda stupid. Like all of those over-extended and over-dramatic fight scenes in the middle of some random desert that have no real point except to show off the mad angry-face-making skillz of the characters and how much time can be wasted in the episode. :p

Strike

When I was 12 I was completly obsessed with Dragonball Z... Then came the eps like this:

Freeza: GOKU! The planet will explode in 5minutes!

Goku: OK! Lets. power up for 12, scream for 10 and then talk for 6 more!

Freeza & Goku: AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (powering up)

And stronger and stronger aliens kept showing up when Freeza was supposedly the ultimate. I stopped watching around the middle of the Buu saga.

Chickenman

That's about when I stopped watching.

I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of Buu as a villain.

I think the stronger baddies can sorta be justified. I mean, the androids and Cell were created after Freiza, so Freiza, was indeed the strongest in the universe. The only reason Garlic Jr. was a threat was because Goku wasn't there. And Buu had dissapeared eons ago, so people had almost completly forgotten about him.

By GT though, it had become rediculous, which is why I don't even consider GT part of Dragonball canon. If Akira didn't work on it, it doesn't count as Dragonball.

Strike

The last couple forms of Buu were ok, but the fat one was lame and made me lose interest in the series.

Chickenman

Yeah.

That, and how they'd come up with the one way to defeat Buu...and then it wouldn't work.

1. Goku can now kick ass as SS3.

2. Goten and Trunks can fuse.

3. Gohan has that uber cool sword.

4. Gohan trains with the elder Kai.

5. Vegito.

None of those worked. :mad:

Strike

Couple other reasons I stopped watching.

1. Gohan was ruined :(

2. Trunks and Goten could go SSJ and fuse and I understand Akira wanted to make them not useless, but still.

- little Trunk was not as cool as future Trunks, They're two different characters, but little Trunks was annoying.

3. SSJ3

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.