Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
icemaker

i was just wondering

icemaker

Hey, is anybody going to GameRiot? its like a traveling video game type thing. My buddy bought tickets and wants me to go i was just wondering what you guys have heard. you can check it out at www.gameriot.com

Indie-Girl

never heard of it

Chickenman

No one has mentioned it yet, so I doubt it.

GI_Admiral

I have.

I have 2 views on it.

One is another attempt to make it mainstream, I think its like MTV2 and a bunch of console stations. Just like MTV VideoGame Awards ((Worst hour of my life...Madden NFL2k5 = game of the year?? =/ or "I'm a hardcore gamer...I've logged 2 hours of madden a week...")).

Then again, m other view is...LANs are always fun, add music and should be a fun time.

If this isnt the thing you're talking about...ignore this post. Too lazy to check link...

Chickenman

MTV must buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn

Radioactive Isotope

indeed

Ayingel

it's not even music television any more...it's just shows that have music playing in them.

Radioactive Isotope

and the few music videos they do have, you could see the same thing at the local strip joint. :roll:

Chickenman

How would you know? :p

Tsl

Mighty good question, that :p

But yeah...MTV and VH1 both suck...... MTV should become SRTMTV....Slightly Related to Music TV..

Go Fuse! The only music channel that actually plays (gasp!) music! :D

Radioactive Isotope

How would you know?  :p

i have some....not so upstanding friends who like to tell me these things. :p

Chickenman

JM: Suuuuuure.

TSL: Is Fuse a public cable thing, or do you have to pay extra for it, like HBO? I hear that the chick who does the heavy metal segment of it is hot. *drool* :p

Tsl

it's regular $10 per month cable. lol

And yeah....she's sexy :p;)

Chickenman

:angel:

:p

Skywalker

I never hear about these things, so I wouldn't know about it. :(

CorSec

One is another attempt to make it mainstream, I think its like MTV2 and a bunch of console stations.  Just like MTV VideoGame Awards ((Worst hour of my life...Madden NFL2k5 = game of the year?? =/ or "I'm a hardcore gamer...I've logged 2 hours of madden a week...")).

I call them the Xbox Live generation. They've never played Pacman or NES Mario, but get away with calling themselves hardcore because they log some hours on Splinter Cell deathmatches on the simplest online service ever.

Not to say Live can't be hardcore, but it really caters well to a selection of the "cool" MTV-esque gamers. The ones who need and enjoy having their Halo matches set up for them :p

Bad furday

TSL: Is Fuse a public cable thing, or do you have to pay extra for it, like HBO? I hear that the chick who does the heavy metal segment of it is hot. *drool*  :p

I think its Juliya... :D

However...I prefer Marinanela :p:D:D:D:D:D:D :D

Ender

Mighty good question, that :p

But yeah...MTV and VH1 both suck......  MTV should become SRTMTV....Slightly Related to Music TV..

Go Fuse!  The only music channel that actually plays (gasp!) music!  :D

VH1 has some decent shows every now and then, like I Love The 90's. MTV just plain sucks, but Fuse is definitely the best when it comes to actually playing music.

Andy

I call them the Xbox Live generation. They've never played Pacman or NES Mario, but get away with calling themselves hardcore because they log some hours on Splinter Cell  deathmatches on the simplest online service ever.

I know people who haven't even played Tetris. :|

Ender

Now that's just a crime. :shock:

Andy

Yeah, I actually had to stagger backwards and grab something to steady myself with :p

Brumak

Lol...I don't take the title of gamer very lightly...As much as I play Halo, Devil May Cry, HL, and all the other fun up to date games....nothing and I repeat nothing can beat old school...

Super Nintendo was by far the greatest console made....*looks at Chrono Trigger and smiles..*

I could go on rambling with a list of NES games I can still play in my head...

Oh, and yes Fuse rocks. Uranimium :twisted:

Andy

Super Nintendo was by far the greatest console made....*looks at Chrono Trigger and smiles..*

NEVAAR!

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I never had one... :evil:

Edited by beeurd

Princess

I call them the Xbox Live generation. They've never played Pacman or NES Mario, but get away with calling themselves hardcore because they log some hours on Splinter Cell  deathmatches on the simplest online service ever.

I know people who haven't even played Tetris. :|

Dear god. I used to play Tetris for hours

GI_Admiral

Yes....Looking at my Xfire thing I kinda dip into that obsessed area :p

but yeah, they'll know nothing, but since they've played a deathmatch in Halo, or played a season mode in a football game, or raced a car in GT, or even played GTA, they must be hardcore.

I'll stick to my non-mainstream, yet superior games thank you very much :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.