Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

I bought the first Halo a few weeks ago and beat it a few days ago. I must say, it's not the uber-awesome game I thought it would be.

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags

Andy

hehe, I haven't played either of the games yet. Maybe sometime I will.

SoftballJedi

I've played the second Halo. It's pretty good, but the first one didn't look that good.

Drake

I love them both.

Chickenman

Hopefully when I get the XBOX360 I'll get both. Then read the books. YAR!!

Tsl

Dave has the first Halo for PC....I probably ought to steal it sometime :p

Da Doom guy

Halo is good and I feel Invinciable in that game(Halo 2 was a Huge let down) sure you can dual weild weapons but I feel like a whimp when I play Halo 2(unless in Multi-play) the Shotgun is whimpy(the Sniper Rifle doesn't even pierce a Elite's shield) in Halo it din't matter where I shot(that Elite wen't down instantly even on Heroic)

I play Legendary sometimes(but it's hard, even for a vetren like me) I'm invinciable on any game with a srowd and rifles,

use my rifles to pick the enemies off and then take my Katana out to slice and dice.

the Rocket Launcher is even worse then the first game(the only good thing about it is the faster firing) they said the Needlers woul be more "powerful" yeah right, they are worse then the first Needler(the first one killed anthnig except a Hunter or a vehicle) you only had to put o much power behind the first Needler(now you have to empty 60 rounds on an Elite just to kil it)

Andy

Yeha a few people have told me Halo 2 was dissapointing. I didn't play either of them though yet.

TheUnknown

The things that bothered me about the first Halo:

1.) The interior settings were boring and repetitive.

2.) Speaking of repetitive, the fact that you spend the last half of the game backtracking through places you were at in the first half was kinda cheap.

3.) Too many plot twists: Halo can be a weapon against the Covenant; no wait, it's bad. The Index will destroy the Flood; no wait, it won't. Find Captain Keyes, no wait; he's not there; no wait; he's part of the Flood. The Sentinels are your allies; no wait, they're enemies. The game couldn't complete one subplot without having to run and do something else. It kinda got old after a while.

4.) The game was too short.

5.) The Covenant hardly game off as the fanatical badasses they're supposed to be. Exhibit A are the Grunts.

Drake

It didn't seem short to me...or boring...or repetitive...or cheap. And the Grunts are supposed to be push-overs in the Easy and Normal difficulties. You'll note they get harder to fight in Heroic and Legendary.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion, eh?

Andy

As is everything. :p

Mickey

Just got 2, I played some coop and vs when it first came out, but none since. I'll have to pop it in, but I got too many games right now. I was just bent that my 2 month trial card in the game was expired, but anyways, I don't mind since I got the game for less than 7 bucks

Drake

In Halo 2, near the end of the game, I noted that the Elites you go through the levels with, as the Arbiter, sometimes kneel down and pray over the bodies of the dead Elites and even dead Grunts. I thought it was a cool little added touch.

Aurelius

I enjoyed both, 2 was good, but I was disappointed once I finished the game, lol. I wanted more..

Drake

Leaves anticipation for Halo 3. ;)

CorSec

Halo 2 is all about the multiplayer. Online. With seven other southern hicks, and their funny little accents, all talking smack at once.

Drake

*spazzdies*

I heard about this yesterday but it's still NICE! :D

Edited by Drake

TheUnknown

Hopefully, they'll focus on the overall war instead of going off on the "let's fight the zombie-like things" tangent that the first game did.

Drake

Well, since the first game was about Halo itself and Master Chief's quest to fight his way off it, then I'm going to assume that the movie will be like that.

Brumak

Ok wow I'm REALLY late to reply to this lol...But me...ask Du...I'm a freakin Halo fanatic. If you haven't read the books, do so. I have a few things to reply to here...

The Elite had said that in 2 the sniper doesn't even pierce shields in one hit. Yes it does...head shots. Which is where you should be aiming constantly anyway (except hunters..). Only on Legendary does the sniper rifle not kill in one hit with the snipe.

And about the movie part...I found a site, don't have the url saved or anything, but they had "found the script". Most likely just bs, but what they had said sounded cool.

The first scene starts as a flashback from John's memory during a huge battle between spartans and hordes of Covenant. Don't remember exactly how it turns out, but from the books, a lot of them got slaughtered (the Spartans). Hah...I don't even remember where it cuts to after that...But it's supposed to be extremely incredible.

I really don't think Halo 2 was such a dissapointment...only thing I don't like it as much as 1 was that they decreased the pistols damage lol. The plot is better, graphics were imrpoved, deaths are rag-doll physics, not preset death animations. But you can't paint a room with a dead Elite like you can in one...haha...

Halo 1 was fun as hell to do bumper cars in...the physics rocked lol. Me and a friend would take Scorpions at Sidewinder, park them back to back, and launch our Ghosts over them, seeing if we could get out in mid-air and get back in. We managed to switch Ghosts a couple of times.

On the topic of multiplayer...I have a game type that's incredibly fun, as long you have at least 4 people. In Halo 2, create a Juggernaught game type. Set the Juggernaughts damage to the lowest, give him stealth, radar, and fast movement. For the other players, give them overshields, maximum damage, and no radar. Don't give them stealth. Set the starting weapons to sword and pistol, map weapons to no grenades and no weapons. Don't put in vehicles...unless you want the Jug to be extremely underpowered. If you play multiplayer often, I have to reccomend this...it's a great party game. I usually call it The Hunted.

Another fun thing to do is do a normal Slayer, random starting weapons, normal shields, etc...but to 5 or 10 kills and put death penalties on. Those games last a looong time....Last time I played one with my 3 friends one game to 5 took about an hour...

HALO IS TEH ROXXOR!!!!! Ultimate console FPS.

Chickenman

I just got it for the pc today. So far it is kicking major ass-age.

DarthJohn

anyone glad Uwe Boll didn't touch the movie?

Chickenman

I'm not even close to being done with the Library level, but Guilty Spark 343 is ranking right up with C-3PO on the rediculously annoying robot-o-meter.

Brumak

Guilty Spark is deffinately annoying...I always wished I could stick a plas grenade to him and watch him explode...

I need to find my disc for it...I'm stuck with playing Halo Trial online.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.