Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Explosions in London

Tsl

Man, saw this on the news as I was feeding a baby. If I'm hearing about it in the US, it must be bad. At first they were reporting that the company that runs the subway or whatever was saying it was an accident, but now I'm hearing the T-word. Sounds a little suspicious, wide spread and coordinated for an accident to me.

:(

EDIT: Ah, now Prime Minister Blair is on saying it's terrorists, so it must be so. It was a good speech, the bit I caught just now.

Edited by Tsl

Andy

I only just got up, so I have teh TV on.

Everything is under control though... we have over a hundred years of experience dealing with terrorist attacks.

Ayingel

just...my God...I woke up to it and just sat there for awhile...My dad came down stairs when the bus blew up...Just....all those poor people...Who would do something like that? What brings a person to want to do anything like that?

And now someone is telling me that there is a webiste where someone admitted to doing it before it happened...So...that will be interesting..

Edited by Smurfette

Ender

At first I heard on the news that some were saying the IRA was responsible for at least one of the blasts, but now an Al Qaeda group is claiming responsibility.

Andy

yeah, a european branch of Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility. The police ruled out the IRA because if it were they would have had at least some intelligence or warnings.

The similarities to the Madrid blasts make Al-Qaeda a fairly safe bet.

Uncle Du

*sigh*

It still never ceases to amze me, the disregard that people have for human life. But then, we you don't even look the people that you kill in the eye, it must make it a lot easier. ewoking cowards.

Ayingel

yeah, a european branch of Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility. The police ruled out the IRA because if it were they would have had at least some intelligence or warnings.

The similarities to the Madrid blasts make Al-Qaeda a fairly safe bet.

CNN said there were warnings...

Andy

Because CNN are going to be so reliable when talking about an event that happened thousands of miles away. :roll:

Ayingel

yeah yeah yeah...i'm just worried about someone i know right now so :p

SoftballJedi

Oh man, that really sucks. I can't believe it.

Uncle Du

Because CNN are going to be so reliable when talking about an event that happened thousands of miles away. :roll:

Oh, but don't you know? Their intelligence is far better than the U.S. or Britains. :p

Indie-Girl

im worried about my friend who (i think) uses the train to get to school in london :(

Ayingel

yeah me too...and i don't know if one of my friends is still in london or if she finally got to paris...

Alexander

Well this sucks.

Princess

Ok, I just woke up and Du told me about this. That's just awful. I hope that the people that did this rot in hell

Ayingel

has anyone thought about what country could be next? i mean...not to be depressing or anything...but it's very possible...

GI_Admiral

Just woke up too. This just shows the need to adapt more to the modern world. We need more and better counter intelligence, and not more and better armies.

Andy

The chances of people you know being hurt is low, I think. There is probably more chance of them being killed in a car accident than being caught in those blasts. Seriously.

London was prepared and the majority of London is carrying on as normal.

And Scotland Yard has confirmed that there was no warning.

Ayingel

yeah, that's what the news just said here.

Andy

Today, 7th July  2005, London suffered it's worst terrorist attack in history. At least 33 have been brutally murdered by terrorists, and the numbers are still rising. Please show your solidarity against terrorism and your respects towards the victims by placing an X at the beginning of your display name. Please pass this on to everyone in your contacts list. Thankyou.

I put an (f) in mine too. tis like a rosey type flower thing.

Edited by beeurd

GI_Admiral

Yes I agree...terrorists attacks accoutn for a lot less than many thigns out in the world.

Drake

Yikes...just when you thought these attacks were over.

Ayingel

they're never going to be over...as long as hate exists...they'll never be over

Radioactive Isotope

Ok, I just woke up and Du told me about this.  That's just awful.  I hope that the people that did this rot in hell

they will, don't worry. i just don't understand how anyone could have that much hate. it's really really sad.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.