Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Palpy's Plan

Chickenman

Okay, so according to the movies, Palpy's plan went sorta like this:

Get Trade Federation to blockade Naboo.

Use that crisis to become Chancellor.

Make CIS split from Republic.

Start Clone Wars, giving him Emergency Powers.

Crown himself Emperor after framing Jedi for attempt on his life.

Kill all Jedi

That's all well and good, but what I don't understand is the Sith Aprentices. Where do they fall in this plan?

Maul's sole purpose appears to be that he would reveal the existence of the Sith to the Jedi, and then be dispatched. But how could Sidious have known that Obi-Wan would kill Maul? Then Sidious needed Tyranus to found the CIS and unite it behind him, then tempt Skywalker down the the dark side. But how could Sidious have known about Anakin? The plans were made long before everyone realized he was the Chosen One.

What I'm trying to figure out is what the hell was Sidious' plan, concerning his aprentices?

Andy

Well... He states at least twice in the movies that everything is going as he has foreseen. So my guess is that he must have exceptional future-seeing skills. I don't think he planned for Maul to be killed though. It's possible that Palpy might have taken Dooku as well as Maul, but that possibility is out of the realms of Mr Lucas's vision (ie: "always two there are"). He already had the Trade Federation in his grasp, so perhaps the Confederacy was already in the making at that point.

Chickenman

But the reason he chose Dooku as an aprentice, aside from the fact that he had allready mastered the Force, was that he could hold the CIS together. Like Windu said, without him, the CIS would fall apart. There's no way Maul could hold something like that together, Maul was an animal. His use was only as a weapon. Now, if Anakin was never discovered, would Palpy stick with Dooku?

Or was Palpy so adept at seeing the future that he knew of Anakin's birth? And that Maul would die? And that Dooku would abandon the order?

He may have a gift for seeing into the future, but as yoda says "always in motion is the future." Did he have too many variables that had to go perfectly?

Radioactive Isotope

i figure he would have killed Maul anyway if Obi-Wan hadn't. Maul had served his purpose and was no longer useful. Palpy would have sensed in Anakin everything the Jedi Council had and so he took Dooku to hold the CIS together until Anakin could be turned. Dooku i think was just in the right place at the right time, or maybe he approached Sidious himself. i dunno. but that's my theory.

Chickenman

But he needed Dooku.

There was no other former jedi master swordmaster with the political skills to hold together the CIS. Dooku had to be part of his plan all along.

I agree he probably would have killed Maul though.

But did he have Dooku in mind? Was he allready training Dooku on the side when Maul was killed?

GI_Admiral

I think of it like a game.

You start with a basic sword/armor what not.

So maul = default weapon.

He used maul, and if he finds someone who can do better, he would plan to dispose of maul (in essence, if he finds another weapon he would change).

He did say in Ep1 that hed watch anakin closely. It is also implied that he was feeding anakin compliments perhaps grooming him. ((remember council didnt want anakin at first meaning that their intuition was correct: he isnt trustworthy)).

so really the only disposable thing was maul. Which Im sure he was able to kill off like Dooku

Andy

Hmm... Perhaps at the time of the Naboo blockade, Palpy was already in contact with Dooku, and sent Maul away deliberatly so that Dooku could take his place in order to bring the CIS into play.

Chickenman

Hey, I said that!

But what bugs me is, did he know about Anakin, or did he find out about him during TPM?

Andy

Sorry... it was almost 3am :p

I think he probably didn't know about him until TPM

Edited by beeurd

LoneStarAssman87

then tempt Skywalker down the the dark side. But how could Sidious have known about Anakin? The plans were made long before everyone realized he was the Chosen One.

I think Sidious knew before the others that Anakin was the Chosen One(it's debatable whether he is, but for this argument's sake, let's just say he is). Because in Episode III he talks about Darth Plagus(sp?) the Wise being able to influence the Midichlorians in a body to create life... Anakin had no father... so we are led to believe that he was created this way... which means that Darth Plagus knew what he was doing a looooong time before anyone else figured it out... and since Sidious was his apprentice, he was probably told what was done. So he knew for a long while...

Well, my theory is flawed... cuz then how would Sidious know that Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan would have to make an emergency landing on Tatooine and that they would discover him? Eh, I dunno... maybe he just realized who Anakin was when he was brought to him. I'm not sure. Wow, I just rambled on and on and on... sorry, it's late... I'll fix it in the morning. :???:

Andy

Hmm... I initially laughed on hearing that theory on SWmb. But it does make a creepy kind of sense.

Perhaps Plagieus did create Anakin. Maybe when Shmi said "I can't explain what happened", she meant "I don't want to explain what happened".

So lets pretend that scenario is correct...

Of course, Palpy killed Plagieus and became the Sith master. Perhaps he knew that as Qui-Gon said, the Force would draw Anakin and the Jedi together "nothing happens by accident".

"We will watch your career with great interest" - of course he will! He can sense through the Force if he didn't already know that this is the boy created by his former master

Perhaps the Sith did this so that they could fool the Jedi into believing a prophecy was about to be fulfilled.

*shrug* I'm rambling now... :p

Chickenman

Perhaps Plagieus did create Anakin. Maybe when Shmi said "I can't explain what happened", she meant "I don't want to explain what happened".

Ewww...so Plaguis...had his way with Shmi????!!!!

*Points to Drake*

You Sith are so gross!!!!!

:p

The Red Baron

Others theorise that Sidious killed Plagueis after learning the same technique from him (i.e. influencing the midichlorians to create life), and then created Anakin himself. Which probably makes a bit more sense, as it seems that Plagueis died before Anakin's lifetime. After all Palpatine is quite old, and his story of Plagueis the Wise was told as a 'legend', which although we can assume it to be a true story, legends are generally from a while ago.

But all of this stuff is an after-thought when it comes to the OT. I don't like the idea of Midichlorians, as it demystifies the Force and makes it too tangible. I also don't like the idea of Palpatine being Anakin's father. What, does everyone in Star Wars have to be related? We've got Luke, Leia, and C-3PO as siblings already...now Palpatine is their grandfather of sorts? It's just one big happy family, isn't it?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.