Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Darth_Fett1138

General Questions about the Movies

Darth_Fett1138

First of all, thanks for help on the last question I posted here. I have answered a few more questions since then, and now it is down to the final two.

I would really appreciate the help you give me on this one.

How much did the spice dumped by Han Solo cost Jabba the Hutt?

Thanks.

Edited by TheUnknown

Andy

Whoah, where are they getting these questions? :|

Chickenman

Err, I'm not sure this requires a whole thread. Next time ask in a chat thread, like the drunk side, or something, k?

TheUnknown

I'm gonna turn this into a general movies questions thread. I have been planning on starting one anyways. And if any one topic gets too big, we can split it off.

Darth_Fett1138

Whoah, where are they getting these questions?

No idea.

Radioactive Isotope

well, i would imagine it cost a few million creds since Jabba was ready to oust Han :p

Andy

I'd guess at 15,000 credits. seeing as that is what Han asked Obi-Wan for, all in advance.

GI_Admiral

I agree with B

Andy

Wow. :eek: :p

icthulu

I have a quick question. I was watching IV and V and noticed something in the original cut that bothered me, or didn't make sense, either way here it is.

Obi Wan said that Yoda was his master...

Forgive me but I don't remember that happening. Did I miss something?

Edited by icthulu

Tsl

I think this was a plothole per dear Mr. Lucas, who later decided to shake things up and invented Qui Gonn.

If you want to get really technical though, Yoda was the leader bean of teh jedi and a Master....so I guess technically, Obiwan would be under him and Yoda would be his Master. Plus, Yoda teaches classes and things to younglings, so in that since, Yoda is everybody's Master.

Andy

Obi-Wan's exact words are:

1. (to Luke:) "You will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me."

2. (to Yoda): "Was I any different when you taught me?"

My views on this:

Yoda, as we know, instructed the younglings at the Jedi Temple during the Old Republic. So it is a fair statement to say that Yoda did instruct him. Plus it is entirely possible that Yoda continued to give him advice during the time of the Empire, by communicating through the Force. Also remember that last short scene with Yoda and Obi-Wan in Ep3. Can't go into detail in this thread as it is Ep3 spoiler-free.

Andy

I think this was a plothole per dear Mr. Lucas, who later decided to shake things up and invented Qui Gonn.

If you want to get really technical though, Yoda was the leader bean of teh jedi and a Master....so I guess technically, Obiwan would be under him and Yoda would be his Master.  Plus, Yoda teaches classes and things to younglings, so in that since, Yoda is everybody's Master.

Bah, to you and your short easy answer, posting while I sat and thought (GASP!) and typed up a longer reply!!! damn j0000! ;)

Tsl

Nice reiteration, B :p

But at one point, I'm pretty sure Ben does say Yoda was his Master. I forget the exact lines.

Drake

Well, Yoda was the Grand Master of teh Jedi Order...so he was everybody's Master. :p

Tsl

Hehe, I already said that too. Marvel at my awesomeness :p ;)

icthulu

Ah much thanks. It's the conveluted ...depending on your point of view... explaination. Got you.

I really appreciate the quotes. That helped out a lot.

icthulu

Actually I have another question. Read the script and didn't see it.

What do the conversing Troopers say before Obi Wan makes them hear a fake sound to slip out of the tractor beam control room? I really can't make it out.

I must stop listening to loud music.

Edited by icthulu

Drake

From the script:

INTERIOR: DEATH STAR -- POWER TRENCH.

Suddenly a door behind Ben slides open and a detachment of

stormtroopers marches to the power trench. Ben instantly slips

into the shadows as an Officer moves to within a few feet of

him.

OFFICER: Secure this area until the alert is canceled.

FIRST TROOPER: Give me regular reports.

All but two of the stormtroopers leave.

FIRST TROOPER: Do you know what's going on?

SECOND TROOPER: Maybe it's another drill.

Ben moves around the tractor beam, watching the

stormtroopers as they turn their backs to him. Ben gestures

with his hand toward them, as the troops think they hear

something in the other hallway. With the help of the Force,

Ben deftly slips past the troopers and into the main hallway.

SECOND TROOPER: What was that?

FIRST TROOPER: Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry about it.

icthulu

That is the script I downloaded. But in between that part and when Ben makes the fake distraction the two trooper have a conversation.

It's about a new b12 unit or something like that and the other comments on what he thinks of it. it may only be in the original version. I am not sure, since that is the one I own.

icthulu

And I swear that the trooper doesn't say "Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

I think he makes a comment about something making a noise. That I definetly can not make out at all. Rewinded it several times and couldn't figure it out. But I don't think that it was what was writen in the script.

Tsl

Some stormies rush past saying something like "They might be on the [somethingth] level, they may be splitting up"

Then Ben sneaks around and makes his noise. And the other stormies do say Oh it's nothing, as Drake has clearly in his script except post :p

icthulu

I'm going to have to record the sound and put it on MP3 for download because I am not mistaken. I just watched it and replayed it several times. :)

Maybe one of you can give some help in this after hearing it.

Radioactive Isotope

i know what you're talking about, but i can't catch it either.

TheUnknown

Why do the Falcon's engine lights change from blue in ANH to white in TESB to red in RotJ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.