Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Ender

How Did You Get Him/Her?

Ender

So, for those of us who are "attached", as you might say, how did you get your girl/boyfriend? Did your dazzling good looks bring him/her to their knees? Or did you have to work for it?

Now, remember, easy on the ego, children. *Looks at Drake*

I'll post mine in a bit... gotta go make food.

Andy

*inaudibly mutters incessantly*

Uncle Du

I think I've already told this story somewhere. I think. I dunno. *drools*

Drake

Ego...pffft.

I met Sarah at sw.com in the JPL thread. I don't remember all the specifics of the connection but after a long friendship, we told eachother how we felt. We got together, became a team, and I guess you guys all know the rest, lol.

598 days and going strong. :D

Radioactive Isotope

i'll just go through the list, lol

Michael-- we went through Sunday school together when we were younger, and he asked me to his senior prom when i was a freshman. and then he ditched me for some other girl

Toby-- German class sophomore year. this one i think it was my good looks and charming personality. that and he wanted to do....stuff and when school let out for the summer, he quit talking to me

Justin-- by far the best boyfriend ever. we met at a Mormon camp and he totally fell head over heels. it was pitiful, really how wrapped he was. we broke up so he could get ready for his mission, but we were still really close. then he fell off a cliff and died back in November.

Adam-- one of Justin's friends. while we're technically not a couple, we still act like it. we went to prom, he came down to one of my performances. he's helped me a lot since Justin died and we're really close now. granted, i'm a bit irritated at him right now, but oh well.

Ender

I had girlfriends before Lindsay, but they never lasted too long. Lindsay is the first girl I've ever had a long relationship with. I also had a challenge getting her. I met her when I first moved here three years ago, and once I got settled into my school, I started talking to her, getting to know her, etc. She always knew I liked her, and I think she liked me when she first met me, even though she denies it, but she played hard to get for about four months. I finally got her when my original band, Spindle, played at the End Of School Dance. For my solo at that show, I played "Green Eyes" by Coldplay, and dedicated it to her, since she has amazing green eyes. I was watching her the entire time, and I saw her gradually start smiling more and more. After Green Eyes, the guys came back out and I sang "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" by Jet. That pretty much acted as well as if I said, "Hey, I love you and I want to go out with you. Would you like to go out with me?" After we finished playing, she found me in the crowd and told me yes.

So, 2 years, 3 months, and 15 days later, we're still going strong. :D

Tsl

Ego...pffft.

I met Sarah at sw.com in the JPL thread. I don't remember all the specifics of the connection but after a long friendship, we told eachother how we felt. We got together, became a team, and I guess you guys all know the rest, lol.

598 days and going strong. :D

We first met in Purges at sw.com, actually. Hehe, you hurt my feelings on the second day I'd ever visited the thread :p;)

We were friends for over a year before we got together, and I had a crush on him for a long time, but never acted on it, because I didn't think I stood a snowball's chance in hell, lol. But then gradually, I dunno, things changed between us. Everybody else seemed to spot it before we did and we got accused alot of being a couple before we became one :p

Uncle Du

the old lady actually stole me from this chick that I was with in San Diego. That was back when I was drunk just about everyday. The first time I ever met her I was wasted and couldn't even carry a conversation. The chick that I was "with" at the time, well, she was a complete psycho, come to find out. Well, Christina jumped right in after I dumped the other chick, and the rest, as they say, is history. :p

Edited by Du: The Bushmaster

Ayingel

mmmkay. So, Sentrosi and I were on the speech team together in Kasson. Well, I always had a crush on him ever since I met him, and I guess he had one on me too (but I'll let him tell you about that). Well, when I went to get my job from the year before in the library, guess who beat me to it. Yup, there was Sentrosi, filing MY books. That was MY job. Well, any way, things led to other things, and we ended up sitting behind eachother on the bus to a speech meet. He found out I had a CD Player and kept on taking it sohe could use his speakers. Then, eventually, he started to sit next to me (all this time I still called him 'Bob') and he'd flirt with me a little more each time. I was so shy, I had no clue what to do, so I guess I flirted back. Eventually, at the end of the season, he and his girlfriend broke up and he held my hand. I was starstruck. That was when I knew I loved him (just ask my diary ;) ). Any way, I kept on finding excuses to go to the library when he'd be there, and I started walking home (I didn't live too far from school) just so that I could walk with him, by chance (I was devious then). Soon after, he graduated, and I was going to be going to a new school in the Twin Cities. Danielle hooked me up with MSN Messenger and I wrote him an email, since I knew he had hotmail. We'd talk for hours, and eventually it got out that we had crushes on eachother at the same time. Then I gave him the phone number to my room, and we started talking for hours on end that way so that I wasn't online all the time. I invited him over to the school one day, and that was that. We started dating that day. It was November 9, 2002, and I still love that day, and I love him even more.

Edited by Smurfette

Skywalker

Well we started to like eah other at an all nighter. Then we pursued being friends for five months, and on January 3rd 2003 we started dating.

We still are. Mind you.

Sentrosi

i always did go for the quiet and easily corruptable types :p

Ender

Why doesn't that surprise me? :D

Ayingel

HEY!! i'm not THAT easily corrupted!

Ender

Sorry, I just knew Mr. Sentrosi over there before he was "respectable." ;)

Ayingel

I already said this...he is only respectable around me because of my stature.

do you want to throw in a short joke as well?

Ender

Haha, I'll pass.

Chickenman

*Looks in thread*

*Walks out*

Andy

Hmm... I met my ex at work. I'd liked her for a while, a good few months at least. When she said she was leaving I had to ask her out before I lost the chance to.

We went out for a few months, it was good, but I dunno... I guess she didn't like me as much as I loved her.

*goes all moody, bitter, and vengeful* :(

Sentrosi

ok ok in reality... i saw her in the hall, she certainly had a way of walking by me most days... but one day she smiled... and i dont know what came over me after that but i couldnt help but want to see that smile again... so i started flirting with her... making excuses to help her in the library... (and arguing that it wasnt her job i stole but my own... hence the reason they require two references for the position... ie grades have to be good, and you have to have two teachers say you are reliable... so i started working in the library...) the speech thing... well that was just interesting... and she jumped and squeaked every time i poked her side.. :) at one speech meet i decided to hold her hand..., one day while i was walking her home... i apparentally (tho didnt do what i wanted which was kiss her) got lost in a town i had lived in for the past 9 months...(if you know nothing about me know that i have a good memory for the places ive lived... especially if i have to walk around) she doesnt know this but she is the only person to have given me a graduation present... teachers dont count... but my family didnt even get me anything... and i was living with my sister... :( we started dating while i was in college... and finally got that kiss... since then its been rough... but we've done great and truthfully i could never ask for anything more than the memories i have now of us together... but as hopefully time will allow... her and i will be able to make more memories... and pass them on to our kids...

Ayingel

yes.

Sentrosi

what no ahhh... or i didnt know that... :p

Ayingel

you've told me. i've asked...

I don't recall jumping, however...sinking to the floor while wearing a skirt, maybe :p

and you teaching me to play hackeysack

Edited by Smurfette

Sentrosi

i will if you wish... i meant about the graduation gift.

Ayingel

i think i may have known that...it sounded familiar...i dunno...

Radioactive Isotope

well, i'm officially breaking things off with Adam. he keeps wanting to go farther than i'm comfortable with, so i'm getting out before something bad happens. w00t! singleness again! :roll:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.