Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Your Story: Attack of the Clones

Andy

For the site, We would like just a short story from each of our members (if possible) about their Episode II experience.

For example: How exited you where waiting to see it, what you did, who you talked to while queueing or afterwards, stuff like that.

It could be interesting. :)

Don't forget to tell us what you thought of the movie, and your favourite bits :)

Not long left now :)

Seeya soon.

Edited by Fallen Jedi

^Hal^

hmm... Mine will be a bit dull. I went to a private cinema, spoke to some obscenely rich executives, and watched the film...

Andy

lol

tahiriveila

Ok, well, I won my tickets from a raidio station, i won six of them,(not all at once) so my mom took me and my lil sis and her lil friend and two of my friends to this theater right after school, and we stood in line from 3:45- 6:15 to get seats in the digital theater, and we chatted with some nice, not too psycho SW fans, and i was thrilled to death, and then, when we got seats, we got them in the second to back row, but those were still really good. and then the radio station there had easy SW trivia for SW prizes, and it was sooo beyond easy, but i wasn't crazy enough to win anything, :cry: then they started the movie, and the audience was cheering throughout the Yoda fight scene (kinda annoying) and that would be one of my favorite scenes, when yoda fought Dooku, and also, when all the Jedi were battling the droids in the staduim on Geonosis....i think i've written enough....:)

Andy

I better post mne really...

here goes...

I went to bed at about 2am on the morning of the 16th, after spending all night talking about how excited I was and how brilliant AOTC was going to be.

I got up in the morning, and got dressed and everything and my dad drove me down to the cinema in Worcester, all the time I was so excited that all I could think about was Star Wars.

When we eventually arrived at the cinema, I went in and got my ticket out of the pre-booked tickets machine and bought a large Pepsi at the extortionate cinema prices, but I didn't care - It was a hot day, and I had just been sitting in a car for half an hour, was dying for a drink, and I was going to see Attack of the Clones!

I went in and found a nice seat, about 15 mins before the showing started. At the designated time the lights went dim and I was ready to shout out with excitment, but I thought I would look like an idiot, because there were less than 50 people in the cinema, and they didn't look much like big Star Wars fans. Anyway, then I had to sit through another 10 mins of adverts, buit eventually it began.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way...

I loved every second of it! It is amazing! I love the scenes of flying through Coruscant, the asteroid chase, the arean battle, inside the droid foundry and on Kamino, and I was glad to see some traditional Star Wars humour creeping into play.

I need to see it again! I want more! This is the best Star Wars ever!

Jake Durron

here's my story...

I HAVEN'T GONE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

NO FAIR!!!!!

Grand Moff Tarkin

Poor person, anyway i went too leicter square on the launch day, i was in a star wars covered cinema, i was with a really cool bunch of Americans/brits where all sw fans with t-shirts and stuff, when the film started they frantically cheered and shiuted whenever something good or amusing happened, yeah it was a pretty cool croud........ ive got some photo's which i could scan then put inside an article beeurd......

Deinoychus Dan

well me and my freind were waiting at his house till 5:15 on the 16th as we were watching it at 6:30 but his dad who was taking was asked to help as he is a medic at the scene of a car crash were an old woman was squished so he got to us at 6 and we drove as fast as we copyuld to the cinema the cinema car park was packed and we had to park about a mile away from the cinema we jumped out of the car and a mile as fast as we could to get there we got there just as they were showing the last trailer i dont think i have ever ran that fast in my hole life.

MsSolo

I have an extremely boring story:

I'm on study leave and talked my boyfriend into taking me on Friday lunch time. Sice the Odeon is so expensive, I jsut had a cup of ice, since it's free (if they don't charge for it with drinks, they can't charge for it without). It was a great film. Everyone laughed when Yoda went into karate pose while Dooku was dropping stuff on him, nobody laughed at threepio's puns.

I loved the Anakin v Dooku fight (I have a thing about lighting, and that was some of the best I've seen), Jango's death (v sudden) and Boba holding his father's helmet. If I hadn't read the spoilers, I'm not sure I would have realised that Anakin and Padme were getting married at the end. didn't like Yoda vs Dooku lightsaber battle, or Threepio's puns. Actually, I didn't like yoda throughout most of the film, until the very end when he corrected Mace and ObiWan talking about victory.

It's one of those films that, if Gl had put them in the right order, it would have a hapy ending, but as it is it is kinda depressing. This is definately the TESB of the prequals.

See? Boring. Reads like my latin exam. But in English.

Ms Pablo Skywalker

Ok, mines quite boring but at the time it was exciting!

I was about half way through my end of years (ridiculous exams where they give you an hour, and everybody finishes the paper in 20 mins, so you have to sit there in silence with nothing to do for 40 mins...). Any way, i finished school and hung around with some friends, who kept teasing me for being sooo excited about a STAR WARS movie. Then a boy in my year walked past, who i had just found out the week before, was really into SW, so i talked to him for ages about all the spoilers and how much we were looking forward to Yoda dueling :fight: . Then i went home.

I quickly ate my dinner and we rushed to the cinema with plenty of spare time. We sat down, in a brilliant SW audience, and waited through an annoying amount of trailers. There were a load of 20 something year olds with their girlfriends, who were all embarrased, saying "I can't believe you get sooo excited over SW!" Others where counting down in minutes to SW! I even heard some say "So we're going to Edinburgh then (Art of SW)?" and the other replied "Yup!!"

The actual film was brilliant!! I enjoyed every second of it. I almost laughed when one of the characters said "I have a bad feeling about this" my favorite SW tradition! The lightsabre duels where amazing! Espescially Yoda, i couldn't believe it :o The bit inside the factory was cool too. The whole film was done really well, and i'd like to thank Lucas for the wonderful time he gave us all!!

Link

WEll I went with my parents and one of our friends. We went to the theaters where we waited in line for God only knows how long. Once we finally got through the line we got great seats towards the middle of the theater. Unfortunately only myself, my dad, and the friend we went with were huge SW fans. My mom fell assleep during AOTC. Now how is that humanly possible??? Anyways, The movie was great and I think I got the most laughs from Obi Wan. He's so serious without actually being serious if that makes sense. The only thing I didn't like was that they pushed the love story perhaps a bit too far.

Master MJade

i saw it. :D

i went with the lady who oversees the student bank that i work at and the other person i work with.

i loved the whole thing no favorites although when Padme fell off i was worried and when she got hurt by that tiger beast thing

it is the best!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Ani Jade

I thought that I would never be able to see it but I reserved tickets a week in advance to see it on the 18th...

And when I got there with my dad no one else was there. The theater was lamost empty! :o

I think the whole movie was incredible, I really liked the beasties and the space scenes :D The special effects are just amazing!

I really didn't like the puns with threepio, they seemed too -kid's-movieish

Link

I guess it kinda seemed that way but they had to bring him in gently. They couldn't just say "Oh here he is!"

Doc Ani Jade

Yeah...all the "foreshadowing" they have to do...

I still havn't seen any wookies...

Link

next one i believe

Grand Moff Tarkin

Everyone is gonna have too wait for mine coss i wanna get the photo's i took developed, Leicter square..... launch day......epii..... nuff said.

Andy

how long does it take to get your photos developed.

Grand Moff Tarkin

I'd have too scan them aswell, but i don't have a scanner and the one at my school works but the e-mail isn't working :( so i'll try and get onto it......

Admiral Daala

I went with a friend and when Yoda came into the arnea with Dooku, She said it was Amidala I said it was Yoda, then he came out My friend was speechless, people were whistling and screaming "Go Yoda!" I whistled and scream go Yoda.

jedimaster1043

My story is boring, but here i go...

I went to the town over, and lined up to get a ticket. Then i got popcorn, and all that other snack stuff. I was with my mom (she doesnt care for star wars) so we didn't really talk about the movie. We watched it. Then when it was over we went home.

I said it would be boring

Roethlisberger

I walked in excited. I walked out let down. The End.

jedimaster1043

lol

Tsl

Hmm...I went a couple hours early and sat (yes, sat) in line. Then they let us in, I grabbed a seat and started munching the candy I smuggled in. Then some former student of my dad's spotted us and came over and started going on and on and on about how cool her graphical design classes are and how cool she was because she has a website (woopdy-freaking-doo.). She didn't shut up until the movie started.

THen I watched the movie....kinda boring. Yoda rocked. Everybody cheered. Then it was over and everybody left.

The End :p

Andy

Whoa oldthreadness! :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.