Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Your Story: Revenge of the Sith

Andy

Not long now!

Here's the official thread for reporting your EpIII experience! :D

With less than 2 hours left for me, I'll be leaving in a few minutes for the cinema!

*excitment overload*

:D

Edited by Fallen Jedi

GI_Admiral

/hate

I see it in 6 hours...

will leave in 5 :D

Aurelius

Ok, I just got back I'm seeing it on Friday too, but w00t I enjoyed it! :D

Edit: Hmm I will type something else when I'm more awake

Edited by Aurelius

Andy

as usual my plans end in ewoking disatser.

meh.

JainaSolo;)*

there was a lightsaber battle as a pre-show display of fandom. seven guys in full Jedi costume had the newer lightsabers, which blink and change from red to blue (some were purple and green too). they had this massive battle, with much flipping over handicapped railings and the spinning of the blades. it looked like it had been officially put together, and they were just going at it. eventually, they took out five of the guys, who crouched on the floor under the screen to watch the last two. our entire theatre was in an uproar, waving our own lightsabers and hooting in excitement as the psuedo-battle climaxed. both guys had blue lightsabers, and ended up in the corner of the right exit ramp. the one with his back to the wall hits the other's saber hard enough that it flies out into the crowd. without missing a beat, the lightsaber switches to red and he stabs the saberless Jedi in the nuts. the poor guy collapsed, and the other five grabbed him and hauled him up to his seat.

and of course, by then, everyone's so pumped up we can't sit still. even with the air conditioning on at full blast, that theatre was like an oven. best part was, my first hour teacher was six seats down the row from me. even as I type, I'll bet that he's cursing me and the other skippers while he forces Moby Dick upon the others.

I thought that R2 and Yoda were the best parts of that movie. The cutscene where Yoda climbs up onto Chewie's shoulders for a piggy back ride was adorable.

And there was this line...it was spiffy, and I wanted to remember it...but when I left the theatre, I had no idea what it was. I think it was Obi-Wan or Yoda speaking.

Alas, I'll just have to see it again. :roll:

Bad furday

I drove out to the theatre last night/this morning for the premier showing. I got there around 10:30, as I planned to meet some friends there at 11. They finally arrived and we entered the designated room.

The place was packed already, and there was still an hour to go until show time. The lot of us were forced to split up, as there weren't enough seats clustered together.

There were a few lightsabres in the audience, and a few people dressed up. However, it was nothing like the large groups of people in costume that you'd see on the news, or at CIII....

One person did have a very nice master replicas lightsabre..the really realistic looking ones.

During the previews, someone yelled out,

"Qui Gon!!!!" when Liam Neeson appeared in the Batman Begins trailer.

And then...cheers erupted when the Lucasfilm Ltd. logo flashed upon the screen.

The movie began, and we all were whisked off to that galaxy far, far away....

I'll write more later.

Princess

Well, I got to the theater about 11:15, a mere ten minutes after I got out of work. They were showing it on 4 screens and as you can guess, the line to get into the theater was very long. There weren't very many people dressed up, but some of the ones that were were rather memorable. First off, there was a guy dressed as a red shirted ensign. Then there was Elvis with a lightsaber. Then, and I think this was the best one for out of placeness, was Frodo with a lightsaber. And of course you had Jedi all over and a Sith here and there. They started letting people in at 11:30 and the line had snaked all over the parking lot. It was 11:54 when I finally got into the theater and into a seat. And I was halfway back in the line. Needless to say, the movie didn't start at 12:01. So 12:30 finally rolls around and the Lucasfilm logo pops up on the screen and the theater breaks into shouts of joy.

R2's scene in the beginning is hilarious. That lil droid really is a hero. I cried when Order 66 was given and when Anakin killed the Younglings. I do wanna know which one was Whie though. I loved it when Yoda climbed up on Chewie's back. I loved it when Yoda was battling Palpatine and said something along the lines of "If you think that, sorely mistaken you are" There were a lot of good one liners in there. I could feel Obi Wan's emotion as he was battling Lord Vader on Mustafar. It was so intense. You could tell how deeply he had cared for his lost student. I cried at "You were the chosen one" too. It was just amazing. And GL was right, Anakin did everything that he did because he felt that he was doing the right thing. And all the time he was doing everything to save Padme, and he was the one that killed her

Drake

The title says "no spoilers". I havn't seen the movie yet. Please save the spoilers for the actual spoiler thread. Thanks.

Drake

*looks back at the title*

Who changed it to a spoiler thread? Bloody hell...nerfherder...

Bad furday

Poor old Drake....

but anyways...

44598.jpg

Must get this car if a die cast model is made!!! :D

Princess

Sorry Drake.

GI_Admiral

Got to the theatre with suprisingly no line...

walk in and see people disperesd. Split up the group, and I ended up with midde-middle (w00t). There was an Imperial Royal Guard and a Jedi. we got restless with the massive amounts of previews...then we all cheered for the A long time ago part.

[spoilers]

Movie was great! Secand half was by far the best. Did not like R2 and how they computerized him...he moved too fast =/ Also didn't like the end Vader scene where he's out of the confinements.

The Anakin/Obi Wan fight was amazing....wow that was awesome.

Since I wasn't spoiled I was completely surprised to see Anakin taking out Windu, and how Anakin lost to ObiWan.

Yoda had a sweet line vs Palpatine something like "If you think you're so strong, why not stay" except in yoda speech :p

haha the part where the younglings were like "Master Skywalker, what do we do?" and Anakin just busts out the saber...hardcore. It was a good way to show his turn to the Darkside.

Also didn't like how the Jedi didnt put up much of a fight vs Clone Troopers (some atleast). Some fought a bit, but like Ki Adi Mundi only took out something like 4 and he's a Jedi Knight on the Council, should take out atleast more than 4.

Question: Was it the prototype Death Star at the end? It had to be...

[End Spoiler]

Bad furday

[reply to spoiler]

yes it was, GI...and that was Governor Tarkin on the bridge as well!

GI_Admiral

Saw Tarkin...just making usre it was the prototype

Mickey

drove up to coon rapids stopped at a target first and picked up Obi-wan unleashed and Vader's Transformation LEGO. Got to the theater at about 2, hung out with the local MN fan force. By seven there were several news stations there filming all the costumers. The 501st had about 10 very impressive stormies, and then a bunch of Jedi/sith and some rebel pilots. I met a hot girl, got here number, and then found out she was 16 ... downside. But once we all got seated about 9 it was anything we could do to make the time pass. The trailers got some cheers, then the Fox 20th century drummed in ... NUTs! Tears swelled in my eyes as the lucasfilm logo faded in the noise level faded out. It was silent for the first while of the movie. Artoo doing his thing got some good cheers, laughs and the like. I dug it, I went crazy when he took the two battle droids, never expected to see him getting in the action quite like that. I completely unconcious shouted "kill him" right before palpatine did.

The rest of the film was quite. Once the darkness had begun to fall there was suddenly too mant tears to overcome to cheer the great parts. Obi-Wan got laughs until the middle, nothing was funny enough, or exciting enough to break the pain in the room. My eyes weren't dry for the duration of the second half. I almost lost it a few times, breaking into nearly uncontrollable sobs. A few I can think of was Obi's words at the end of The Duel, Padme's Japor Snippet in hand, and the Lars's family with the New Hope in hand gazing back up at the Tatooine suns. I was still shaking from that movie an hour later, and was not in such high spirits. It was painful and depressing, but yet so fulfilling and enjoyable.

Thank you George.

Andy

Alright, I went to the 12.35am showing at VUE in Worcester with my sister (the older of my two younger sisters). We found a carpark near the cinema and parked up and walked down - it was at about 11.45pm. We went in and picked up the prebooked tickets, and then got some popcorn (mega size, bwahaha!). We went in and took a seat. it wasn't that full at this point, but the people kept coming in steadily until the place was full. I only saw two people dressed up, lol.

Alright, so my and my sister sat there munching on our popcorn, and suddenly we realised there was a small hole in the bottom of the box, and little tiny popcorny bits were getting everywhere. We were laughing our arses off as we tried to sort it out. lol. There were the five trailers, and no commercials, w00t! Then the movie started... A load of people cheered when STAR WARS lit up the screen. The crawl went by, and I was humming along to the theme, but I swear they changed part of it because it sounds different to the soundtrack on the CD, but it could be just me. Anyways, Anakin and Obi-Wan's ships twisted into few and bombed it along the surface of that Star Destroyer, then they flew over the edge: OMFG, that shot is amazing. My first thought was "holy f***"

I loved the Artoo scenes, and the acting was far better, IMO. Everyone laughed at the funny parts. And at one point me and my sister were almost wetting ourselves when the popcorn box fell on the floor, making even more mess, lol.

I was well and truly spoiled, so nothing really surprised me. But I will say that the CG has come a long way from AotC. The cinematography was incredible, with breathtaking shots and scenes around almost every corner. I was most dissapointed by the lack of Mon Mothma and Quinlan Vos, AND the 1138 reference (unless they moved it). Ian McDiarmid is an awesome actor, as is Hayden Christensen. Their portrayal of Palpatine and Vader, respectively, brings a new dimension to the characters. Now we know the truth - Sith really can cry, and care about others.

Anakin's fall, although a bit rushed I thought, did follow his character and you can understand why he made the choices he did. He was making all the wrong choices for all the right reasons. I think the scene about Qui-Gon should have been left out or made longer. It seemed a bit random, and I can imagine it confusing other people who aren't fans. Grievous was incredible. His first move with the four 'sabers... holy crap. I can imagine Obi-Wan needing to change his underwear after that.

Over all I think that the movie was an awesome addition to the SW saga. The best of the prequels in any case. Just wish there had have been some nice Victory-class Star Destroyers in there, lol.

After the movie we walked to the carpark. And it was locked. How lovely. That was the cause of my foul mood after seeing the movie, so forgive me if I was rude/ignored you then. Got my car back now anyways...

Saw it again with my other sister at the new cinema in Kidderminster. It's a lot smaller, and it was full of annoying chavvy kids who made me want to turn to the dark side and kill younglings.... Grrr, lol.

MH

Went to the theater around 1pm with a couple of friends. Had a good number of people maybe 2/3 full. FInally got through the previews, my heart starting beating faster when the 20th Century Fox fanfare came on, then it was amazing from there. A few whoops when the "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...." came in.

Anakin vs. Obi-wan was breathtaking. Really emotional towards the end. Kashyyyk was short but sweet, and the space battle was gorgeous. Padme's death was disappointing, but I had read spoilers, so I knew how it was going to happen.

Despite a few plot holes and all, it was really good. Very dark and emotional. It's all over, but it was a great ride, well done Mr. Lucas.

*edit*

Anybody notice the Millennium Falcon docking at the spaceport near the beginning as the Tantive IV was coming in too? Cool little treat for those observant enough. :D

Edited by The Mandalorian Hunter

Ender

I don't want to pile on, but Mr. Lucas has definitely redeemed himself.

Mirax

The first time I ever saw a Star Wars film, it was 1977. I was 3 days old and in a drive-in theatre with my mum. And today, I got to finish the Star Wars films, in the theatre with my mum. It was unbelievable. I cried through quite a bit of it. The betrayal of the jedi, the republic and Padme was heart-rending. The movie seemed to move quite quickly. I really thought they could do so much more with Grevious. Other than constanly having him run away. I can't wait to go see it again. I'll have to take more tissue with me though.

Drake

My God...that movie was incredible!

As I was watching it, it almost seemed too good to be true. I've spent so long waiting for that moment and it was almost like a dream. I'll have to think it over and watch it again....several more times, lol. IMO, it was the best of all the movies.

A couple things bugged me. First...the horrible transitions. The classic side wipes, diagonal wipes and bubble wipes were alright. However...the new ones they added were aweful. The triple wipe and the windshield wiper were terrible. The other ones work because they fit and you don't notice them. The new ones stuck out like Padme's top on Geonosis, lol. The second thing was how crappy Palpatine looked when he first turned wrinkly. I guess you could blame it on swelling from his lightning wounds but it still looked fake, lol.

Aside from those, it was an awesome movie!

Tsl

Amazing. Simply and absolutely amazing. After reading the novelization, I didn't think the movie would compare, but I really think it actually surpassed. This movie was so dark and emotional, I mean I knew it would be, but never on this level.

The acting was a little flat in places and some of the "ouches" from the various droids made me cringe, but aside from that, everything was brilliant.

Radioactive Isotope

yeah, it definitely had its cheesy parts, but hey, if Lucas wrote it, we've come to expect that (especially Vader's "NOOOOOOOOOO!" at the end *gag*). my uncle and i got to the theater a little after 11 and walked right in. got cokes, pretzels and Sour Patch Kids, managed to find fairly decent seats. then our show started a good 10 minutes late, which caused much grumbling, and people were actually swearing after about the third preview. there were cheers as the 20th Century logo came up and much louder cheering when the theme started. R2 got some laughs, as did some other parts. Grevious really bugged me though. he didn't seem to be as much of a threat as he was made out to be. i almost lost it with the Order 66, Anakin killing the kids, the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight (totally awesome!), and Padme's japor snippet. Vader screaming at the end actually got some laughs. all in all, a totally awesome movie.

Drake

What bugged me was that the Jedi didn't seem to put up much of a fight...save for the boy and Yoda. I know it was a suprise to them but they still should have put up a little more of a fight, lol.

GI_Admiral

I agree with Drake

Ki Adi Mundi got like 4...but he's a Jedi Knight on the Jedi Council...he should be somewhat talented...though he did lose his saber in Ep2 ...

Also Anakin turned to easily I thought. From "Palpatines the Sith we're triyng to kill" and "What have I done?" to almost instantly "Yes Master I will kill all the Jedi"

Gervious taken down too easily (such as his hands being cut off so early on =/) and Yoda gave up too easily....He falls then he must exile himself =/

Oh well...maybe it was time contsraints...

Tsl

I think the Jedi fell so easily because they just didn't see it coming and when it happened, they probably felt "a great disturbance" and all that and it was just too much to handle and fight off clones at the same time. Unless of course, you're Yoda and you just totally kick ass anyways :p

Ki Adi Mundi's death sort of is the example. He just kind of turns around and looks completely betrayed and sad, like he knows it's all over. Maybe he's lost the will to fight the inevitable.

I thought Anakin's turn was believable. He'd been considering it all along, and then he practically killed Mace, which pushed him over the edge with some minimal resistance on his part.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.