Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

SoftballJedi

Whiskey Lullaby

SoftballJedi

Whiskey Lullaby

Jacen Solo loved his fianc?e Danni so much. The scientist was a few years older than him, and that was one of the reasons why he loved her, for her maturity. He?d never guess that she?d fall in love with him too. Their wedding wasn?t that far away and they had been sharing an apartment on Corscaunt for a few months.

Jacen pulled his speeder up to their apartment building. He ran up the stairs and opened their apartment door. He heard Danni giggle and smiled. He went to the bedroom and opened the door. He saw his Danni with Kyp Durron, a fellow Jedi. And Jacen knew Danni didn?t love him anymore. Or maybe never really did at all. He ran off. ?Jacen! I can explain!? Danni yelled and tried running after him.

She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette

She broke his heart he spent his whole life tryin' to forget

We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time

But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind

Until the night

Jacen didn?t know why Danni betrayed him. He had loved her so much! And how stupid was Kyp anyways? Jacen?s father had saved him! Jacen didn?t understand at all. So he went to bars and hope the alcohol would numb his pain and make him forget. He went to bar to bar and slept outside them sometimes. But he also got stayed at a little apartment he rented the day he caught Danni with Kyp.

?Bartender.. another whiskey over ?ere!? Jacen croaked out. The bartender did oblige, and held his hand out for Jacen to pay him. Jacen fumbled but got a number of coins out of his pocket and tossed them to him. The bartender grunted a thanks but then turned around.

?Boy, you are that famous Jedi-kid Jacen Solo aren?t ya? The one with all those ?Force? gifts? Why are ya wasted your life away? Aren?t you gonna be the one who becomes the next head of the Jedi Order?? he asked.

?Yeah I am that kid and it?s probably going to be my brother Anakin who becomes the next head of the Order, he?s stronger than me. And I wasted my life away ?cuz I got nothing anymore. I found my fianc?e cheatin? on me a few weeks before our wedding. If she didn?t love me why?d she say yes?? Jacen was drunk obviously, and rambling.

The bartender shrugged and said, ?Boy, don?t you go on and ruin your life all ?cuz of this girl! There?s a ton of more, boy!? Jacen didn?t reply. He finished his whiskey and got up and left. He was quite wobbly but made it home. He fell on his bed, but was able to write a note first real quick. He then just kept on looking at his lightsaber.

He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger

And finally drank away her memory

Life is short but this time it was bigger

Than the strength he had to get up off his knees

We found him with his face down in the pillow

With a note that said I'll love her till I die

And when we buried him beneath the willow

The angels sang a whiskey lullaby

Anakin Solo knew his brother was hurting a lot after he found Danni with Kyp. A lot of people were shocked by the scandal. Kyp had been involved in a screaming match with their father. And Danni was being ignored pretty much, so many people were disappointed in her. They thought Jacen and Danni made a great couple and were shocked that she?d ever cheat on him. Anakin decided to pay his brother a visit and sit down with him and talk. Of course, Anakin had no idea what he?d talk about, he probably couldn?t help much even though he was married to his best friend Tahiri.

Anakin knew his brother had been drinking a lot lately and that scared him. He hoped somehow he could help him with that. The fact he felt something terrible in the Force last night didn?t help. His mother Leia and sister, Jaina, were freaking out. Jaina said Jacen blocked her out from their twin bond. That?d never happened before.

He walked up to Jacen?s door and knocked. He got no reply, so he called, ?Jace, you there? It?s Anakin.? He searched the Force, trying to find his brother but couldn?t find anything! Anakin just hoped Jacen just blocked them all out entirely and opened the door.

?Jacen, where are you?? Anakin searched the small room and soon found his brother. Not the way he wanted to though. Face down on his bed, holding his lightsaber and a note. ?No, Jacen, no please! Force no..?, Anakin whispered, tears streaming down his face. He was able to pry the note from his hand. It read: ?I don?t know whose gonna read this, but my time is done. Danni, Danni, Danni, why?d you do this to me? Didn?t you love me enough? I?ll love you till I die. -Jacen?.

Anakin started sobbing but got out his comlick and called his parents. ?Han Solo here,? Han answered.

?Dad, it?s me, Anakin. Jacen?s gone.? Anakin said simply, his voice breaking.

Han broke down crying.

A few days later, it was Jacen?s funeral. The Solo family decided not to cremate him, but buried him on Naboo beneath a willow, near where Han and Leia had bought an estate a few years before. Near where Luke and Leia had found a lot of Skywalker history was. Jacen liked the peace there a lot. Jacen and Danni had wanted to buy a house on Naboo also.

Luke Skywalker had finished what he was saying about his nephew, his former Jedi apprentice. Chewbacca howled mournfully. All of the Jedi there, except Leia who couldn?t cry anymore and was just held by Han, stood on opposites sides of the casket, ignited their lightsabers in honor of Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight.

Kyp Durron was not there, he was now ignored by most of Jedi. But Danni was. She wore a long, black, mourning dress. Her face was as pale as a sheet, and her eyes were red from crying. Jaina Solo, who wore traditional Jedi robes, stared at her with her own red eyes from crying with such a hate. Danni was sure that everyone blamed her for Jacen?s death, but she knew Jaina hated her and blamed her the most for it. Jaina was the closest to him, being his twin, and she knew this had a terrible effect on her.

The lightsabers died down and all of the Jedi stepped back. Jaina still was staring at her as she stepped back and her husband, Jag Fel, put a hand on her shoulder. All of the members of the Solo-Skywalker family were. From three year old Ben Skywalker to old grizzled Han Solo. Leia didn?t look at her though. Not until the end, when the gravediggers were digging and Danni was watching them work. Leia turned her head back and gave Danni a look that scared her more than anything in the world ever had. Danni saw her mouth the words ?It?s your fault?. Danni ran off.

La la la la la, la la la la

The rumors flew but nobody knew how much she blamed herself

For years and years she tried to hide the whiskey on her breath

She finally drank her pain away a little at a time

But she never could get drunk enough to get him off her mind

Until the night

Even though it?d a few years since Jacen died, Danni still couldn?t live with herself. She knew it was all her fault. She knew she should have never cheated on Jacen. Kyp had tried to call Danni a few times before, but she wouldn?t talk to him. Danni went to bar to bar, hoping alcohol would numb her pain and make her forget. But he was always on her mind, always.

Danni went to a bar and automatically ordered a whiskey. She kept on ordering them. Guys of all species danced with her, but in her drunken mind she saw herself dancing with Jacen. Finally she ran off and went back to the apartment she had shared with Jacen. She lied down and held a holo of Jacen tightly.

She put that bottle to her head and pulled the trigger

And finally drank away his memory

Life is short but this time it was bigger

Than the strength she had to get up off her knees

We found her with her face down in the pillow

Clinging to his picture for dear life

We laid her next to him beneath the willow

While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby

The next morning, Jaina Solo-Fel stood outside Danni?s apartment. Danni had some things of Jacen that Jaina had been meaning to ask back for. Like a holo of the entire Skywalker-Solo family, plus Chewbacca?s family. Jaina hesitated but knocked on the door. There was no answer. Jaina opened the door slightly, and wasn?t expecting to see Danni on the floor holding a holo of Jacen. Jaina searched the Force and knew she was dead.

Since Danni had no other family, she was buried next to her ex-fianc?e who never stopped loving her, beneath the willow. The Solo-Skywalker family did go to the funeral, not many others did though. Just as they were leaving, Jaina and Jag?s four year old daughter Leia-Syal looked back. Her entire life, she had been told how great Uncle Jacen was and how terrible Danni was to do this to him. But, she knew Jacen would forgive her. With a nudge from the Force, she could see Jacen and Danni meeting again happily and then Danni rushing into Jacen?s arms. He picked her up and spun her around.. Leia-Syal smiled. She knew Uncle Jacen was happy again.

La la la la la la, la la la la la la la..

La la la la la la, la la la la la la la..

Edited by SoftballJedi

Rebel_Ghost

It is just like the video. I love the story very much. It made me cry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.