Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Jediwan

EUDF(Expanded Universe Defense Force)

Jediwan

EUDF Charter

MISSION STATEMENT

The Expanded Universe (EU) of Star Wars is constantly knocked on the head by posters on nearly every message board on the 'Net. People argue that it is irrelevant, that it is lame, that none of it should have ever been written, and that it can't be used for speculation about the films because Lucas pays no attention to it.

The EU Defense Force is a group of people who are dedicated to discussing the Expanded Universe of Star Wars, and sticking up for it against the nay-sayers. Sure, there are some dud books, but when people start hanging poodoo on it, we step in and provide logical, sensible and supported arguments about why we feel the EU has value in the SW universe, both as a marketing device, and as a way to provide greater appreciation of the Saga outside of the films.

The EUDF has been in action on many boards for some time. We are not a vigilante group of moderator wannabes. It is not our job to moderate the boards, nor should any member attempt to do so. Our job is to get involved in discussions where the EU is under attack, and defend it. Hence the EU Defense Force name. Ultimately, the EUDF will only operate within the boundaries placed upon it by moderators. No member should assume that he/she has the same power or authority over other board members as a moderator.

Three Rules:

1) Alert the Squadron of any 'enemy activity'. Members of the EUDF are responsible for reporting "battles" (a thread where the EU is being bashed) in this thread, and "kills" (posts made in defense of the EU) to their individual squadron commander.

2) Back-up your squadron mates in their defense of the EU.

3) Be able to intelligently defend your views while maintaining a sense of dignity and respect. When you create a bad image of yourself while performing squadron duties, you make the entire group look bad. Remaining calm during a mission is the best 'energy shield' you can have against another's antagonism. EUDF Members may not resort to any behavior which is unacceptable at the Galactic Senate. Flames, personal remarks, insults etc. will result in suspension and possible exclusion from his/her unit and/or possible banning from the Senate. Responsibility for monitoring these activities lies with all members of the EUDF. Final decisions rest with Unit leaders, or the highest ranking member of the EUDF.

COMMAND STRUCTURE

The ranking system and command structure are based loosely on the X-Wing novels and other SW sources. The squadrons of the EUDF are as follows - Rogue Squadron, Wraith Squadron, Nova Squadron, Gauntlet Squadron and Talon Squadron. Upon joining, members are given a number in a squadron (eg Rogue Two, Rogue Three, etc). Rank advancement is based upon each member's ability and dedication to defending the EU and is decided by each member's respective squadron leader and XO (Executive Officer). The following is a list of ranks in order and a short explanation of how rank advancement works:

Cadet

Flight Officer

Lieutenant

Captain

Major

Commander

Colonel

General

Admiral

Cadet

New members to the EUDF are ranked as Cadets. Just like in the NR Fighter Corps, Cadets must prove their ability to defend the EU to their superiors before they can be classed as a qualified "pilot" or Flight Officer.

Flight Officer

Cadets, after proving themselves able and dedicated, move up to the rank of Flight Officer. A Flight Officer is a pilot in their own right, and has proved their ability to work effectively in the EUDF.

Lieutenant

When a Flight Officer continues to show their dedication and ability to post in defense of the EU while adhering to the rules of the EUDF, they are promoted to Lieutenant - an official rank of authority. This allows them to lead a flight of members (four), should the Squadron Leader decide to delegate authority. This should be decided among the unit.

Promotion through the rank of Captain may also be attained through participation in the Target Practice Range.

It should be noted that any post made in the defense of the EU anywhere on the 'Net is considered valid when a member's record is being reviewed prior to rank advancement.

HOW TO JOIN

Joining the EUDF is easy. The only requirement is a love of the EU. Simply post in the thread, stating that you've read this charter and would like to join our ranks. By requesting placement in the Defense Force, you are agreeing to abide by the rules of this Charter. You'll then be assigned a position in a squadron (hopefully in a timely manner).

Edited by Jediwan

Jediwan

EUDF Roster

Rogue One: Admiral Jediwan-Supreme Commander EUDF

Rogue Two: Cadet Fallen Jedi

Rogue Three:

Rogue Four:

Rogue Five:

Rogue Six:

Rogue Seven:

Rogue Eight:

Rogue Nine:

Rogue Ten:

Rogue Eleven:

Rogue Twelve:

Edited by Jediwan

Drake

Wow...uhh...hi there. Welcome to GB. *scratches head* Yeah...

This is just my opinion but...maybe you'd like to...I dunno...post around a little more. Get to know everyone and stuff before dropping something like this on us. We have no idea who you are, lol.

Jediwan

Don't worry I will. But just from my experience at other Star Wars forums this is necessary.

Drake

We only have a dozen regularly posting members here and we all like the EU. I don't see how it's really necessary.

Jediwan

Well I'll keep an eye on it and anyone who likes to join.

GI_Admiral

Sounds cool...

Jediwan

If you want to join just read the charter and ask. I might tie this in to roleplaying too if anyone is interested.

Andy

w00t, first of all: Welcome to GB!!!

Second: I'll sign up! teh EU is teh awesomest!

Chickenman

Err...as much as I love the EU...I'm not sure a defense force is really needed. :???:

Tsl

Aye. People are allowed to dislike the EU. They're just missing out is all.

SoftballJedi

Isn't there one of these at the TFN boards?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.