Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Druckenwell

Andy

Druckenwell

Old Republic RPG

Summary

• The year is 262 BY
  • The location is Druckenwell, an undustrialised planet in the Mid Rim, and along the Corellian Run.
  • Nearby systems include Falleen, Ando, Kalarba, Triffis, Naboo, Tatooine, Lok, Malastare, Ryloth, Geonosis, Bothawui, and more.
  • The Jedi Council and the Galactic Senate view this as a local dispute, and won't devote any extra resources to resolving it.

Introduction

It is the tail end of the height of the Republic. In 220 years Anakin will be born and the Sith will reveal themselves to the Jedi once again. But now they still live in hiding, trying to weave subtle destruction and deception.

The galaxy lives in relative peace. Relative, because crime lords, mercenaries and the like are always trying to take over systems. None of this is serious, however.

The Jedi and the Jedi Council still wield prominence in the Republic and its affairs. Chancellor Valorum (the ancestor of Finis) has control of the Republic.

From all appearances, everything is perfect and running smoothly. The biggest things to hit the Senate recently only were a minor miners labor revolt and sewage problems on Ragamar.

Background:

On the planet of Druckenwell in the Outer Rim, a pawn of Darth Vengeas , a conniving Bothan named Retly Ty?ley, had been working his web ever deeper into the confines of the Druckenwell Commonwealth President. President Bherg Poil, a human originally from Chandrila, managed all the various immigrant species and colonists that have settled on Druckenwell. Poil had been in control for many years now and took his job very seriously.

The problem comes in with the Commonwealth council, made up of members of all the various species settled on the planet, including Ty?ley the Bothans representative. The Wookiee representative Yuttiskurwyckykk, Yutti for short, set in with Ty?ley and his plan for domination. The only reason Yutti took in with Ty?ley is because the Bothan promised the Wookiee he could be his right hand Wookiee when the Bothan took power over Poil.

The main conflict between Poil and Ty?ley and his sympathizers was the opening of the new Druckenwell Manufacturing Facility (DMF). Poil came up with the idea and made a bill to send to the Commonwealth Council to vote on.

The thought behind this facility mainly hinged on the idea that it was about time for the colony planet to become at least partly self-sufficient instead of relying on other planets for imports. Poil also hoped to possibly capitalize on Druckenwell?s rare plant species, the rhubia fern. The rhubia fern was processed for use in a highly sought after tea and Poil hoped to bring in some income for the planet for use in renovations from the exports of the rhubia tea product.

But Ty?ley and his supporters did not like the idea of Druckenwell only manufacturing and producing the raw tea product. The Bothan wanted to also be the distributors of the final marketable tea because Ty?ley was greedy and wanted to control the entire rhubia tea market. The idea of selling the tea to a distributor disturbed him. He needs to knock off Poil because with him still in office there would be no way for him to control the DMF and the rhubia tea to maximize his profit from selling the final product.

So?

The rest of the galaxy does not know this is going on since it is still a minor civil spat. The Republic Senate and the Jedi Council have other matters more pressing to deal with the Druckenwell problem. The beings in the galaxy are going about their way like nothing is happening because as far as their concern is, there isn?t anything going on.

FYI:

Poil, Ty?ley, Yutti, and any other representative are up for grabs if anyone wishes to play them. Otherwise they will be in the background of things.

It is up to the characters made to decide how directly they want to relate to this conflict; whether completely involved or whether it?s only a backdrop to what?s going on.

NOTE:

-The RP will start at the time just before the final vote on the rhubia tea manufacturing plan and the completion of the DMF.

-A limit has been placed on the amount of Force users in this RP in order to create a more interesting environment.

Limits on ?good? Jedi and/or Force users: 4 (subject to change)

Limits on ?bad? Jedi and/or Force users (dark users): 2 (subject to change)

Edited by Fallen Jedi

Sentrosi

*sits in bothan rep's chambers, awaiting visit from Yutti*

Mara

Morning sunlight streamed through the window of a modest beachhouse on the island world of Fresia. Lara Tralant awoke a few moments later with a yawn. Seeing as how the second sun was high in the sky, she realized she had slept late. Again. Yawning again, she slid out of her bed and headed to the refresher to splash some water on her face.

I wish those dreams would stop.... I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep in a month... she thought.

Completely awake now, Lara found some light clothes to wear, a nice summer dress and lightweight thongs for her feet. She locked up behind her and went to join the other vacationers on the beach. Walking a few meters away from the main pack, she settled down on the white sand to soak in some rays. Once relaxed, she fell immediately asleep.

.....Images of destruction flood her mind... famine, floods, fire, heartbreak, battles, buildings toppling, people dying, screams....those hideous screams...

"AH!" she gasped, jumping awake. She felt others looking down her way and shook it off, making waving motions to feign a bug. Once the eyes moved, she sat up more, putting her hands in her face.

What does it all mean? Lara sighed.

GI_Admiral

< > to show that I am speaking in Shiriiwook

I'm horrible at this...but oh well

*Walks into Ty'ley's chamber, bowing his head slightly*

<Counciler Ty'ley, everything is going as planned. According to my reports, half of the council will side with us on Poil's new bill.>

Sorry for short post, but gotta collaborate with Sentrosi about how we gonna do this bill.

Also apparently, we cannot talk for another character...

Sentrosi

"very well, i will take care of the rest..." *shifts a bit in his chair to open a drawer* "take this to poil..." *hands Yutti a document*

"its a letter from his family saying they are being held captive by one of our rivals..." :twisted:

"and make sure you dont deliver it to him directly, they made the courier service for a reason.... to hide things id rather not have anyone knowing... "

"oh and before you leave..." *reaches back into his drawer... *

"these are the papers on your fathers death," *places them on his desk, stands, faces the window* "make sure you have them back to me by the end of the day.. i wont be needing your assistance today... i have somewhere to go... for the time being, maybe you and i could meet at your house to discuss those papers... theres more about your fathers death than whats there... but i dont want to get into it now... "

"you have your assignments... i will see you later on today after the vote is finalized"

Edited by Sentrosi

GI_Admiral

*Bows*

<Consider it done...>

*Takes both documents from Ty'ley*

<...and thank you for the information about my father. Someone was behind his death...and I will find out who it is.>

*Exits the office and heads towards his office while pulling out his commlink.*

<This is Counciler Tuttiskurwyckykk, I would like to send some mail, please send a currier to my office.>

*Enters his office and sits down reading the document about his father while waiting for the messenger*

Quick post, blue means commlink. Ppl at JPL should know.

Mara

Back in her beach house, having left the beach early because of the nightmare, Lara was arranging herself on the floor beside her bed into a meditation position, hoping that reaching some inner peace within herself would calm the bad dreams and visions. She took a deep breath and reached inside herself, dwelling there. Sighing, she smiled, finally feeling better.

A few hours later she came out of the trance and stood up to go to her small kitchenette to make a small supper. She enjoyed the simple food while watching another spectacular Fresia sunset over the oceans.

Princess

Soliel woke up to the artificial light of Coruscant streaming into her viewport and she stretched slowly. There was something peaceful about waking up slowly in the first light of the morning, even if she did have to program her viewport to slowly let it in. The early morning reminded her of Alderaan, even with the limited memories that she had of it. Luckily, she had had many missions to her homeworld, and unlike many other Jedi, she had been able to keep in contact with some members of her family. As she got out of bed, she contemplated what she had to do that day and remembered that it was the day to teach the new Padawans the basics of healing. Soliel dressed in the simple robes of a Jedi and then headed to the classroom to teach the healing class.

GI_Admiral

*After half an hour of reading reports on suspected sabotage of both speeders, Yutti heard a knock on his door. Pressing a button he let the messenger in*

Currier: I'm here to pick up some deliveries?

<Yes, my aide should have some packages that require immediet delivery. Please see to it that you get them to their recipients as soon as possible.>

Currier: Yes sir

*The currier quickly heads out looking for Yutti's aide, leaving Yutti alone in his office once again. Looking at the 2 ceramonial Rykk blades hanging on his office wall, he sighs slowly and goes back to reading the reports*

<I will avenge your death father>

Sentrosi

*Retly watched out his window, staring at the going ons of the people in town, the poor wretches have no idea what life really is about*.. fools... *he thought with a smile, as his fur began to move silently reflecting the emotions he rarely showed...*

*Sir, you have someone here to see you* his aid had said.

"yes, yes, let President Poil in I have been expecting him" retly said allowing his fur to settle, unmoving...

"Looks like is gonna be close Retly, I came to ask of a favor" Poil said not paying attention to Retly's aid

"And what favor is that, The DFM will be voted on this afternoon... I assure you everything is in order." Retly said sincerely

"Yes, very well and all but excuse me if im a little untrusting of that, you seem to have gained some weight around here, I was hoping to influence you to help me, you know what it means if we don't allow the people to prosper with this, the DFM will pass but I'm beginning to believe that once it does, i will no longer be in charge of it, if you have your way Retly." Poil Said Scratching his balding held..

"Poil you have my assurance that the people will be happy with the passing of the DFM, it will create more jobs and more revenue for this great city; you should be pleased, and what causes you to be concerned about me taking your job, you know it would tie me down." Retly said watching the doorway...

"Alright Retly I will take your word on this, One last time... " before Poil could finish his sentence, <a flash of light blinded the two council members, the cloaked figured slid his knife easily into poils chest... turning and throwing a second knife at the bothan behind the desk the cloaked figured ran out of the office detonating yet another flash grenade..>

"INTRUDER'S, ASSASSINS, IN MY OFFICE HOW DARE THEY" Retly bellowed trailing off into some incoherent curses....

*his aides rushed into the room seeing the assassin flee and cut down 2 of them... but before leaving throwing a knife straight at Retly, Retly dodged at the last moment feeling the knife cut his right shoulder...*

*Guards rushed in, crowding Retly's office, a healer was summoned in, but there was no hope for Poil, the President had been murdered..*

Edited by Sentrosi

Mara

That night Lara was enjoying a rare peaceful measure of sleep when again the disturbing visions entered her mind. She could endure it no longer and screamed, "AH! Why me? What does it all mean? Tell my why!" In her burst of anger she had taken control of her deep feelings and went into the Force, accidentally opening up a random powerful telepathic link. ::Why me? I wish I knew what was happening to me!::

Note, I'm using :: ... :: for telepathic Force conversations ...

Drake

Tetsu-Amun Rakkan walked calmly from the enormous structure. He looked back and shook his head. How can a race of such technically minded thinkers be so chaotic in their dealings with us? The Jedi Master shook away the thoughts. Every race was different in the way they did things. This he knew all too well.

Rakkan looked up to the top of the construct. The building looked to be formed from the rocks and earth that it sat atop of. The Geonosians continued to suprise him. Beautiful designs...masterful technology...terrible negotiators. He shook his head again. "Good luck to the next batch of Jedi who have to deal with them."

A series of beeps and whistles brought Rakkan from his thoughts.

"Yes, Argo...I was talking to myself again" he said to his astromech droid. Rakkan took a step towards his ship. He stopped as a thought crossed him. A voice was at the back of his mind. Faint but clear to one well trained in the Force. ::Why me? I wish I knew what was happening to me!::

Flashes of disturbing visions followed the distant call. Rakkan focused and connected to the origin. He replied, ::Do not be afraid, young Jedi. You were lost but the Force has found you. Go to Coruscant. I will find you there:: Rakkan sent images of a small bar in one of the lower level districts. A flash of the sign showed it to be the Rompin' Ronto.

The Jedi turned to his droid. "Argo, please transmit and record. Bounce signal off Commenor relay station to Coruscant, care of the Old Folks Home."

The droid complied. After a couple seconds of bleeping, Argo began recording.

"Master Yoda, I have quelled the dispute here on Geonosis but I fear it will escalate to possible rebellion in the future. I shall return to Coruscant to report to the Council. There is also a matter that I must speak with you about. May the Force be with you."

"Thank you Argo. Prep the ship for launch." Rakkan jumped into the seat of his fighter, the Amunstar. The cockpit hatch closed around him. The engines hummed softly as they warmed up for launch.

After a moment, the ship was ready. Rakkan took off. The sleek curves of the Amunstar reflected the sun as it passed out of the shadow of the Geonosian fortress. Rakkan took the fighter up, out of the atmosphere and into space.

The hyperspace drive engaged, sending the Jedi on his way back to Coruscant.

Edited by Drake

Mara

Lara almost felt out of her bed when she heard a reply in her head. She gathered herself and cycled back through her memory. I did use the Force...without realizing it ... I need to work on my control. She then went forward to the exact message, ":: Do not be afraid, young Jedi. You were lost but the Force has found you. Go to Coruscant. I will find you there ::"

"Young"? "Lost"? She grumbled to herself at first, then gained composure.

"Well, I have nothing else to lose, I suppose to could head over there. Coruscant isn't far from here," mumbling to herself as she got out of bed the proper way. "But Coruscant is also where .... "

She dressed back in her plain black gryt lizard leather atire complete with black Jedi robes and pulled on her matching knee length boots. Lara headed to her closet and began pulling out miscellaneous items and packing them away in her simple luggage. About ready, she pulled out her comlink and patched through to her ship.

"Ruen, get the ship ready for space. And wake up Drens and Tooky.We're leaving again." The Sullustan acknowledged and clicked off.

Lara sighed to herself surveying her surroundings. All this running was getting to her. That and the visions were making her tired. She knew it showed.

"Well, that's the last of it..."

"Oh!" remembering. "I'll need this..." She reached over into the bedside cabinet and pulled out her lightsaber and attached it to her belt. "Here goes nothing..."

She headed out the door of the beachhouse, which served as home for a few months of her life, and out towards the center of town to catch a ride to the Fresian spaceport.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Neirin pulled the ship out of hyperspace. Druckenwell, he thought, I wonder what damage I can do here... He chuckled to himself, then brought the ship around and headed for one of the spaceports.

"Druckenwell is pretty populated - bound to be some jobs there, hey Ekay?"

Neirin's astromech droid, G3-EK, whirled about happily, tootling a response.

The comm beeped. "Well, looks like we've been granted landing permission... Let's go."

Taking the ship off autopilot, he headed for the landing bay.

Sentrosi

*In the main council hall all the Council members have been called to show*

"sit, sit, In light of the recent murder in my council chambers i have called the council together to post pone voting until we have chosen a new president... we will vote now... the council will however build a memorial at the DFM if it passes and if not we will build one anyway in honor to Bherg Poil, a man who cared more for the people than any I have met... with this in mind I volunteer myself as a Possible President, choosing Yutti as my Viceroy, We will together attempt to do what only Poil would have wished... "

we will take the vote now... please nominate who you will otherwise, vote on the possibles...

So far we have

Myself running with Yutti,

Rodians Council member has chosen to run with the Ithorians council member

those so far are the only candidates... if any more arise they will be accepted... we will take a vote on this and then the DFM as soon as we here something from Yutti.

Drake

A chime from the computer console drew Rakkan from his meditation. The ship was about to drop out of hyperspace. He picked up his helmet and put it back on his head. There was a quiet hiss as it sealed into place with the rest of the Jedi's armour suit.

The swirling lights of hyperspace flashed into starlines. The starlines compressed into pinpoints as the Amunstar slowed from faster than light.

The great metropolis world of Coruscant grew large in the cockpit viewport. Rakkan had always compared the capital of the Republic to a giant forest. The massive buildings constantly growing upwards, reaching for more light. A wide variety of life teemed in all places, be it the shining durasteel peaks or the dark and rusted underworld. Thinking this way helped Rakkan live on this world which was so devoid of the nature which he loved.

"Transmit our clearance codes, Argo" said Rakkan.

The astromech chirped his compliance followed by a bleep of comfirmation.

Rakkan nodded then took the Amunstar in. The craft sped down through the atmosphere, deftly dodging other vessels. The sleek ship was designed for speed and maneuverability. In a few minutes, Rakkan had arrived at the Jedi Temple. He landed the Amunstar on one of the landing pads that had extended from the side of the great building.

The Jedi Master hopped out of the cockpit and began walking as the landing pad retracted into the Temple. Argo drove up beside him and bleeped a query.

Rakkan nodded, "Yes. I must go speak to the Council. Geonosis is a dirty world. Go down to droid maintenance for an oil bath then return to my quarters."

Argo tweedled with glee and spun around on his treads.

Rakkan laughed and patted his mechanical companion on his domed head. "Just don't slop any oil on my carpet or you'll get to clean it up!"

The droid spluttered, causing Rakkan to laugh again. Argo bleeped and drove off to the maintenance bay. Rakkan continued on into the Temple, passing other docked Jedi fighters on his way to the Jedi Council chamber.

Mara

Lara arrived at the Fresian spaceport and paid her taxi. She walked slowly towards the thirty-third docking bay where the Emerald's Fire was berthed, and looked over at her. It was a small modest transport ship, nothing fancy. She didn't need anything spectacular. Lara did wish, however, that she had more weapons emplacements in case she ever ran into trouble, but with her limited money after retiring from a promising position in the Order she couldn't afford a better ship. It suited her just fine for now.

Sighing, she keyed the hatch to open and went inside to find how far Ruen was on the start up procedure.

"Hey Ruen. Everything checking out?"

"Yes, Lara. Everything's ship shape. We should be ready to take off in a few moments. I already gained clearance from Fresia Control."

"Thanks. I'll be right back to help you." He nodded as Lara moved back out of the cockpit to put her things in her cabin on the way to check in the small galley. She smiled, seeing Drensy busy at the stove, as always.

"Hey, Drensy. Ready for another trip?"

<< Yes, ma'am. Just preparing this gyure salad for the hyperspace trip. Coruscant is not that far from here. >> He looked at her questioningly.

She knew that look. "I know, I know. I know what I said, but I'm being called here. I think I might be on the way to solving my disturbing visions."

Drensy let out a lizardly grunt, which to his species was the equivalent of a human sigh of relief. << This gladdens me, mistress. I know how you've suffered so. >>

Lara smiled. "Thank you. Now, you'd better finish up, Ruen's about to take off." He saluted her, she waved back.

On the way back to cockpit, Lara made sure Tooky, her droid, was safely tucked in in the small navigation alcove before taking her place in the copilot's chair.

"Well, here we go again ... "

Ruen ignited the repulsors and the Emerald's Fire lightly rose up above the surface of the spaceport, then shutting off to key in the engines.

"First stop, Coruscant ..."

Edited by Mara

Sentrosi

(Retly's aide)

"ahh Neirin, Poil has been expecting you... if it would be to your convience he would like and audience with you in his council chambers anytime with in the next few days if you like..."

Edited by Sentrosi

GI_Admiral

*Stands up*

<Before I start, I would like to give my condolences to Bherg Poil's family, especially his two children. It is never easy losing a family member, especially a father. I also mourn the loss of a good man who thought of only the people. I truly believe that if Counciler Ty'ley and I are elected to lead, that we can make President Poil's dreams come true.>

*After a small ovation*

<I would also like to announce that I am starting a fund for President Poil's family, to help them recover from their loss.>

*Bows and takes his seat*

It's the least I can do father, they shouldn't have had to experience the death of their father at such a young age...

((Sent where are we going with this?

Also thought my thing was appropriate even though im supposed to be the bad guy. Cmon similiar circumstances :p))

Drake

((You're just soft and weak. :p ))

GI_Admiral

((Harsh </3))

Princess

*Soliel left her class with a smile on her face. Teaching the younglings was always so fun because they were so eager to learn the ways of the Force and they only saw the good in the galaxy, for the most part. Lost in her thoughts, Soliel didn't notice that she was about to walk right into Master Yoda.*

Yoda: "Lost in your thoughts you are, hmmmm Soliel? Watch where you were going, you were not."

Soliel: "I'm so sorry Master Yoda. I was just thinking about the healing class that I just got done teaching. The younglings are doing so well, I feel so proud of them."

Yoda: "Watch your pride you must. Lead to the Darkside it does."

Soliel: I know Master Yoda, but seeing the joy on their faces when they remove toxins from a small animal is just a great feeling. It's like watching a baby take it's first steps."

Yoda: "Understand this I do. Hungry are you? Join me for a meal you will, for on the way to the dining hall I was."

Soliel: "I would be honored Master Yoda."

Yoda: "Come along then you, talk to you about a situation starting on Druckenwell, I must."

*Soliel and Yoda walked down the hall and headed to go get something to eat*

Mara

((Uh, how does Yoda know about Druckenwell??))

((Oh, and Sentrosi, it's DMF, not DFM... Druckenwell Manufacturing Facility...))

Since Fresia was in close proximity to Coruscant, Lara and the others did not bother to unstrap during the trip through hyperspace and stayed where they were, except Drensy who had to deliver his delicious salad to the passengers.

A few hours later, the alarm went off, waking Lara from her meditative nap.

"Already, Ruen?" She yawned, "I thought we had at least another hour..."

"No, ma'am. Time flies through hyperspace." He chuckled the typical Sullustan chuckle.

Lara smiled. "Yes, that's true." She held in the intership comm, "Everyone who isn't strapped in better strap in, we're coming out of hyperspace. That means you too, Drensy." She heard a clatter down in the galley as Drensy got his big bulk out of there and headed toward the crash couches in the main area. Nodding to Ruen, she made sure her straps were tight.

Ruen brought the ship out smoothly and ahead of them in the viewport lay the city world of Coruscant, blurring out the stars in the space around it with its brightness. Lots of ships buzzed around in orbits around the planet like flies attracted to a vixi fruit.

"Where shall I land?"

"Oh... I'm not sure.... I can't remember if he said....." Lara closed her eyes and concentrated, trying to cycle back to that moment a couple days ago. "No, a spaceport wasn't mentioned. Just .." she thinks to herself. "Go to the main spaceport, near the government facilities. You already know the codes." Ruen nodded in assent.

As they enter atmosphere and prepare to land, Lara tries to gather her thoughts, pushing back the personal feelings brought out by being on Coruscant. She didn't need distractions. Before she knew it, they had landed and Ruen was just shutting down the systems.

"Wait.. keep the security systems on. And you and Drensy wait here. I'll come back after I figure out what the plans are." Lara unstrapped from her chair and went back to grab her small sack of personal items and slung it on her shoulder. She motioned to Tooky, "Let's go." He tweedled and unlatched himself from the socket on the floor and moved to follow her.

"I'll be back no later than tomorrow. Don't get into trouble," she called as she sealed up the hatch after Tooky and her were through.

They started their way out of the berth and through the spaceport.

Now, to find this pub ...

Edited by Mara

Drake

((Princess! I needed Yoda at teh Council meeting! Argh...))

((Mara, feel free to take your time getting to the bar. It might be a few posts before I leave the Temple))

Princess

((I'll fix it Drake))

*Soliel and Yoda were interrupted by Yoda's comlink beeping. He answered it quickly* "Yoda, this is."

Voice on com: "Master Yoda, your presence is needed in the Council chamber immediately."

Yoda: "On my way I am." *Yoda put away his comlink and turned to Soliel.* "Talk we will later. In need your healing skills are."

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.