Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Tsl

Kid Arrested for Zombie Stories

Andy

wtf.

what was he threatening exactly? to turn everyone into zombies?

:???:

Drake

Geez, Mike....we'd best be careful with our JPL storyline! lol :nerves:

As creator of the story, I have tribal immunity for I am in Canada! In Canada, we actually let people have rights. ;) :p

Uncle Du

Well, considering the media nowadays, can't really believe anything.

From someone that writes short stories, and likes to make them as realistic as possible, I think this is ridiculous. I think that all authors should be tossed in the slammer then, if this case holds up in court. It's ridiculous! What the hell happened to freedom of expression? That law sounds like a direct violation of his rights. Freakin rednecks. :p

Alexander

That's not very nice.

Tsl

it wasn't meant to be. But it wasn't serious either...just stress relief.

Alexander

Did you talk about forming gangs and doing this though? Something irks me about this case.

GI_Admiral

Well you can look at everything from a certain point of view...

Alexander

Thanks, Wan.

GI_Admiral

No problem my young padawan

Chickenman

Are you ewoking kidding me?

He wrote a story about zombies, and they say he was trying to take over the school???

My god...Tom Clancy freaking predicted 9/11 in one of his books. A Japanese Extremist flies a plane into the State of the Union Speech. Maybe he should be locked up for planning to assasainate all 3 branches of the goverment!

I've written things about terrorists in my "writing notebook" during homeroom. Nermind that the story is that American Soldiers save the day from the terrorists, I'd probably get locked up for writing about secret SCUD missile silos in Cuba. (You know...I actually should stop bringing that to school. It's just to practice my writing ability, but it could get me in trouble)

Give the kid a freaking break, it was just a piece of literature. And neither of those articles suggest any evidence of his trying to start a gang.

Alexander

And only one of the articles mentions the so-called "zombie" stories. The other two articles say writings were recovered, it doesn't specify WHICH writings; there very well could have been more that hasn't been released yet.

Regardless, it IS a felony, and he broke the law. There are a lot of stupid laws, but that doesn't mean they should be disobeyed. Being arrested is nothing, unless they find anything incriminating to really convict him with, they'll have to release him. I'd rather detain him and find out what the ewok was going on than just throw it to the wind.

Edited by Alexander

Uncle Du

I think that the Supreme Court needs to examine that law for it's Constitutionality. Wow, is that even a word?! ;)

Alexander

No doubt the ACLU will get involved, those vultures go everywhere.

Andy

lol, I agree with Tsl, at school (and even work now) we sometimes talked about talking over the school and locking the teachers in the staffroom until they gave in to our demands... There was no real threat there, just a bunch of kids being silly.

Me and a girl from work have come up with a crazy plan for talking over the world. I suppose I'd better be careful in case I get arrested. :roll:

Tsl

It's only a felony IF he's making terrorist threats. Granted we don't really have all the info, but from what I see so far, it's more post Columbine panic.

Reminds me of the kid that got expelled (or was it suspended) for pretending his chicken nugget was a little gun...

Andy

come again? :|

Chickenman

1st grader in the next town over got suspended for bringing in a butter knife to school...to spread butter on his freaking bread.

As my dad once said:

"Zero Tolerance-Zero Intelligence"

GI_Admiral

well if the kid stabbed another kids eye...

Chickenman

"GI-Zero Intelligence"

Radioactive Isotope

i guess i shouldn't use that story about sucking out men's souls in my writing portfolio then.....:roll:

Chickenman

Heh...we have no souls. :p

Drake

He's right.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.