Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Scientists discover how HIV/AIDS invades the body

Princess

Scientists discover a key to how HIV/AIDS invades the body

I think that finding out more about this protein is a major thing and I expect to see more advances coming out in the future to treat/cure this, since GP120 is a major component of the virus. This is especially big since the CDC has recently announced that there are now strands of HIV that are totally resistant to anti-viral thearpy and promote a faster turnover to AIDS infection

Drake

Definately a piece of good news for HIV/AIDS research.

Ana

Very good news.

Princess

And Australian researchers report another possible breakthrough

I'm starting to think that we'll be seeing a cure soon. I was also reading an article yesterday about a new drug that is getting FDA approval that stops the virus from invading more cells in the body, which makes me think that if you put a patient on tthat drug, give them chemo and radiation to obliterate the white blood cells and then give them a bone marrow transplant, you could have this virus beat. But then there's graft versus host disease to worry about, not that you hear about failing BMT's very often...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.