Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

Drake

I picked this book up today. Any book starring Yoda has to be good. :D

The back cover says:

The savage Clone Wars have forced the Republic to the edge of collapse. During the height of the battle, one Jedi Knight escapes the carnage to deliver a message to Yoda on Coruscant. It appears that Dooku wants peace and demands a rendezvous. Chances are slim that the treacherous Count is sincere, but with a million lives at stake, Yoda has no choice.

The meeting will take place on *Vjun, a planet steeped in evil. The challenge could not be more difficult. Can Yoda win back his once promising pupil from the dark side, or will Count Dooku unleash his sinister forces against his former mentor? Either way, Yoda is sure of one thing: This battle will be one of the fiercest he'll ever face.

Sounds like there's gonna be a lot of ass-kicking Yoda-filled goodness. :twisted:

So has anyone read it yet?

* Vjun is a planet featured in Jedi Academy. It served as the location of one of Vader's fortresses.

Edited by Drake

Princess

Read it. Excecellent book with some nice EpIII foreshadowing at the one point. I was laughing a lot during it.

Andy

I got it, but it's currently the sixth book down my reading pile. lol

After Fallen Dragon, The Lord of the Rings, Talon of the Silver Hawk, Dune, and Medstar II: Jedi Healer. lol

Radioactive Isotope

yup, i got it. i haven't had the chance to read it yet, though. :(

Skywalker

Well I saw it at the book store and thought about picking it up, because I figured the same thing you did. If any book starring Yoda in it, it is has to be good. I think I might go pick it up actually.

Andy

Almost 5 months after I got it, it is still stuck in the middle of my pile of books to read. lol, I should really get reading, it'll take me forever to clear this pile.

Drake

It's not as good as it seems. After reading it, I got the feeling that the author is just a glorified fanboy. He's terrible at writing Yoda-speak and everything that Yoda did was too comical and...stupid, I guess you could say, lol. It was like everything he did was as if he were talking to younglings or on Dagobah, testing Luke for the first time with his silly antics. It's funny once in a while but not all the time.

Skywalker

So should I not pick it up? I mean if it isn't any good I think I'll save the money and the gas to not go get a copy.

Princess

I liked it, I laughed through the entire thing

SoftballJedi

I thought it was a good book, I thought Yoda was funny. I liked Scout, I thought she was cool.

[Master_Revan]

Loved the return of the "real yoda", the one i have known and loved since i first saw him in ESB, the kind-hearted, funny little hermit which we haven't seen much of during the PT. Also, a bit of insight into dooku was nice, and the sub-characters were both good, especially well done to sean for showing the contrast between whie and......forgotten her name. Good book, my second favourite after shatterpoint.

Princess

Her name was Scout

[Master_Revan]

Thanks princess, one of my favourite bits in the book was when she grabbed the other girl's lightsaber and got burned really badly. :cool:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.