Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

The Philosophy Of Matthew Stover

TheUnknown

Here's are some of my favorite quotes from Traitor and Shatterpoint. What do you think? Agree with there message? Disagree?

You need not like someone to love him.  Love is nothing more than the recognition that two are one.  That all is one.

Knowledge is the seed of greatness.

When you fight fanatics, all you do is make them even more fanatic than they were when they started.

This is the most valuable lesson one can teach a fanatic: that fanaticism is self-defeating.

The truth is too great for the words we used to describe it.

Why is a question deeper than its answer.

[On war]No one wins.  NOt in real war.  It is only a question of how much each side is willing to lose.

There are questions for which we can never have answers.  We can only be answers.

Is the true lesson what the teacher teaches or what the student learns?

Peace is a product of civilization.  The myth of the peaceful savage is precisely that: a myth.  Without civilization, all existence is only the jungle.

War are won not by killing enemies, but by terrorizing them until they give up and go home.

GI_Admiral

I agree with some of them....there are some that can be disagreeable depending on your definition of a word or two.

Edited by Generally Inept

Mickey

for a star wars novel, it is quite profound ... I found myself actually learning from it rather than just being entertained

GreenEagle2005

i agree with most. Challenged the normal waywe think

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.