Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Attn: All Members Please Read

Drake

Understand that this is a warning and is not up for discussion.

Some of you may or may not have noticed the steady increase of political oriented discussions, debates, arguments and flames all over the board. The amount of it needs to be cut down.

You have 3 days to cut back, keep the discussions in the proper threads and stop the insults and flames.

If it doesn't stop after 3 days, this is the plan that will be put into effect:

1. All political oriented debate forums will be closed.

- They can cause a lot of anger and flaming between members or whole groups of members.

- They serve little purpose seeing as not many people respect the views and ideas of their fellow posters.

2. Any political debate in other, non-related threads will be stopped as soon as possible.

3. If arguing/flaming gets out of hand, a Staff member will leave a warning. If the argument continues, all posts pertaining to that argument, that came after the warning, will be deleted.

I know that some of you may say that this is stomping on your freedom of speech and that may be true but you should understand that Galactic Basic is NOT a forum for politics. It is for having fun and, I know it's hard to believe, talking about Star Wars.

I also know that not everyone who joins in the political discussions are the ones who break down into raging flamers but prefer a civilized debate. Unfortunately for those people, if not everyone can play the game fairly then no one will get to play at all.

Mickey

Sorry :(

Drake

It's not your fault. You're one of the better debators, lol.

Princess

Sorry :(

Don't apologize. If anything, I owe you an apology for going off on you like that last night. Actually, when I read the post I didn't look at names and thought that you were Bushy.

But anyways, we're giving you guys the chance to prove that you can debate politics without mudslinging and flaming. A message board full of arguing and flaming isn't a fun one to post at

Bushy

Actually, when I read the post I didn't look at names and thought that you were Bushy

I see how it is...

Tsl

I"m pretty sure she didn't mean that the way it sounded.......or at least I hope she didn't, lol :???:

chozen

eh. get use to it, bushy.

GI_Admiral

Yeah...when they hate you...they hate you for life :p Look at Choz and me...

Radioactive Isotope

only because you cause trouble. :p

Drake

And it doesn't help, for either of you, when you constantly give us reasons to hate you. ;)

Princess

Actually, when I read the post I didn't look at names and thought that you were Bushy

I see how it is...

That your constant hard headedness drives people nucking futs?

Bushy

I see that you're so prejudiced against me that you'll fly off the handle at something that, if said by another person, wouldn't have bothered you very much at all.

Princess

Actually, it would have had almost the exact same response with just a little less sarcasm

Bushy

That's what I mean, the sarcasm. It's-- Ah forget it...

GI_Admiral

Bushy you need to learn how to let some things go...I mean...Drake's been killing me daily and I dont hate him or wish him dead...*Hides Bounty for drakes head* :p A lot of us need to take thigns lighter....you guys said this MB is for fun...so why not have fun instead of taking everythign to heart and creating a lot of animosity and fueds...

Andy

I see how it is...

That your constant hard headedness drives people nucking futs?

Nice evasion of the swear filter there, Prin. :roll:

Annoying enough when n00bs do it...

Tsl

*mumbles something about leading by example*

MsSolo

... A lot of us need to take thigns lighter....

I did not just read that as thighs, honest...

This place has always been a bit of a political hotspot, hasn't it? Though it's cool that we have pretty good representation of many political parties, both in the UK and US and several other countries. When the debates reasonable, it's interesting. When it's not... well, for those of us with the option of keeping our noses out of it, it can be kinda amusing. Otherwise, ouch.

GI_Admiral

Haha...I did mean thighs...lets burn some fat!! Feel the burn...:p

Drake

Nightmarish memories of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies just came back to me.

*shudders* :nerves:

Roethlisberger

Thanks for reminding me, Drake. :p

I was having enough trouble sleeping at night before remembering about Richard Simmons' videos.

:nerves: