Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Bushy

Teh Paintball Thread

Bushy

Anyone else play Paintball? I play a lot, usually every weekend in the summer and fall. My friends and I play tacital war games, not that silly speedball stuff with the automatic guns and wide open fields. No, you actually need skill to play the way we play. Stealth and accuracy are what you need. We play out in the woods. Full camo, semi-auto guns... We usually play a search and destroy type of game, where one team goes and finds a good defensive spot, then sets up there and waits for the other team to find them. The finding team gives the hiding team a good 5 minutes to get situated, then moves out and tries to find and eliminate the enemy position. It's loads of fun... One time I broke off from the rest of my team cause I heard something back in the brush. It was a guy from the other team. Then he saw me, so I hit the dirt and started crawling around him in a circual motion, hoping to flank him without him knowing. He must've thought I was still laying where I dropped, because I was able to sneak up to about 10 feet behind him (with dead oak leaves all over the ground, mind you, and I weigh about 195). I stuck my gun to the back of his head and he just froze. It was the greatest :D

Anyway... My "setup".

I have a Spyder Special Edition. It's got a rear-cocking bolt, fires semi-auto, blah blah... I added a 12" ceramic barrel, which I covered with cloth camo tape. I also removed the trigger guard and the gas lines running down the bottom of the gun, so I could attatch the CO2 tank right to the bottom of the gun. I put some customized molded rubber grips on it too...

spyder01.jpg

I also taped the hopper...

spyder02.jpg

And, I just bought a nifty little airsoft handgun to use as a sidearm. I got some 6mm paintballs for it, so it's all good. Combine that with the tactial drop leg holster I already have, and I'm set.

:)

chozen

How much did that cost you?

Bushy

Alltogether around $220.00. I bought the gun off of a guy my dad used to work with, he only used it once. I got the barrel in the bargain bin at the paintball shop, the grips off an old gun nobody wanted... :p

chozen

THE bargain bin? And it still cost you $220. hmm

Ender

I play paintball as well... woods, camo, probably a lot like the way Bushy plays. My gun is older, it's called a Bushmaster 2000. It's semi-auto, but it's got a light trigger and fires very fast. I think I got it for about $750.

I also have two sidearms, one is a Sig Sauer and the other a Desert Eagle. 6mm paintballs, so it all works.

CorSec

I played paintball once. Got hit once. In the shin.

Really fun stuff. I think I got someone on my own team. It was...uhh..dark in there. And he was...far away. Or something.

Aaaanyway, I would do it more often if it cost less to go in there for a day and buy hundreds of paintballs.

GI_Admiral

Ditto...costs mainly keeps me away from it..

Bushy

That's why I can only play on a consistent basis during the summer and fall.

Paintballs are so expensive... But, I've learned to conserve paint pretty well. Last time I played I fired a grand total of 10 shots, and hit 8 people. Then I wasted the rest of the paintballs in my hopper shooting at seagulls :rofl:

Tsl

Lol! Way to conserve paint :p

Bushy

:D

Bushy

My dream gun, the SIM-4. This baby is as realistic as it gets.

Ender

*Drools*

I... need... that... gun... *Jaw drops to floor*

And it's less than I got my current gun for... $670...

Edited by Ender

Andy

crazy money... But then I have spent most of the money I've ever earned on my computer... so... heh

Bushy

Me too... Well, my PC and paintball stuff. And my first car. And some other stuff...

CorSec

I think I fired 300 paintballs. And hit....5 people? :p

At least I was having fun.

Tsl

You have too much spendable cash lying around, Bushy. I demand you give me $500 right this very instant! :p

Edited by Tsl

Bushy

I've only got like 50 bucks on me right now... And I still have to buy supplies for Sunday's game.

:(

Princess

Oh just wait until you get your first paycheck as a nurse TSL. Then you'll go on a shopping spree

Tsl

No, then I buy a car.

Princess

Heh, that's the same thing I'm gonna do. Get my first 2 paychecks and then the cavalier goes out to the road

Bushy

Cavalier?!?!

NOOOOO!! MY EARS, MY BURNING EARS!!!1

:p

Princess

oh it's a piece too. I have to take the shop vac to it each time that it rains out because the body lets rain into the car. :mad:

Tsl

Haha! I have a cavalier too. It's such a piece of crap...

I want to get a Civic :D

Princess

I don't know what I want yet. I was thinking of a Silver Sunfire but now I'm thinking maybe an Audi or something like that

chozen

*cough* paintballs are expensive

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.