Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Ender

Medstar Duology [spoilers]

Ender

The medical side of Star Wars... havent started reading it yet, but I can tell they stole a lot from M*A*S*H

Editted to add spoiler warning.

Edited by TheUnknown

Andy

Well, what do you expect?

Most stories steal stuff from other places nowadays.

Princess

I started it the other night, I'm mostly through it right now, but they did steal a lot from M*A*S*H (probably why I like it so much). Really there's no focus on any of the main characters unless you've read The Approaching Storm and remember Barris Offee. Good book so far, I just wish that there was a Klinger character ;p

Tsl

What? A SW book that rips off MASH?

*sprints to the bookstore*

Princess

It's very good so far TSL, hell, I got excited when the mentioned the types of white blood cells in a diff while talking about a patient with an infection

Yes, I'm a lab geek

Tsl

lol, I hate reading diffs........I'm like WBCs, got it *records it*.....other crap.....*skims*

:p

EDIT: Why do SW medics need labs anyways? Got a bacterial infection? Into the bacta with you! Injury? Bacta. viral disease? Bacta. Bug bite? Bacta.......lol.

Edited by Tsl

Princess

LOL

And try reading 5 or 6 diffs in a row TSL. That's torture on the eyes. Also one of the reasons that I had to get contacts

Tsl

Well, so long as the books aren't another ER style glorification of doctors, they sound like fun :p

Princess

They're not. They're very MASHesque

Bad furday

I'm currently reading the first one. I like it, it's very s-MASH-ing! :p

Radioactive Isotope

boo! :splat:

Princess

I just finished reading it at about 1am. Good book, the bug out was well written and only a few more weeks now until Medstar 2 comes out and we can get the conclusion. It's kinda like a season finale and then the opener

Princess

I finished reading MedStar II today. I was hoping, especially with the title that it'd focus more on Barris than it did, but it was still a pretty interesting read. I thought that I knew who the spy was the entire book, but then realized that's what the authors wanted you to think.

Ender

It's out? Damn, I need to get to BN...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.