Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

An Experiment

Princess

You may now have noticed that in this forum description it reads "This Forum is Moderated." As Beeurd said in another thread, the Galactic Senate is not for mindless gibberish. This is where problems with the forums, new, and announcements go. So, we're gonna try moderating this forum for a week or so and see how it goes. As always, feedback is welcome and mindless dribble will be deleted on sight.

CorSec

A reasonable experiment. I don't expect there should be too much trouble. Although, the actual message reading 'This forum is moderated' is slightly off-putting. Perhaps that's just me.

chozen

I believe it will just cause trouble... psych.. Actually, I believe it won't make a difference.

chozen

M?kay.

What does ?This forum is Moderated? actually mean? Simple, it means- we will be skim reading your posts to make sure all queries, complaints, ideas, improvements will not get through, as well as the odd mindless babble that appears in this forum. I wish someone put that in the title thread, it would have been a hell of a lot more informative than ?This Forum Is Moderated? which means precisely ?moo? since the whole of www.GalacticBasic.net ?Is Moderated?. <Insert -DEEP BREATH->

w00t. I love myself.

GI_Admiral

He has a point, all of GB is basically moderated cause you can delete posts. This will just make it more work for Admins to read through each, and then make it more frustrating for the regs cause their posts wont go up as fast as they used to cause an admin might not be on.

Princess

Well since most of the regs are either mods or admins, it shouldn't take very long for posts to go through.

The fact that this forum is moderated means that we won't have pointless "HAHA" posts in this forum because they'll be deleted. Just posts that belong in this forum will be approved

GI_Admiral

Well you could always delete the useless 'haha' posts

Mirax

But this is so much more fun and makes us feel useful. :p

Edited by Mirax

chozen

Well you could always delete the useless 'haha' posts

What does it matter GI? Really? it doesn't affect us at all.

GI_Admiral

This takes too long..I didnt see my last post up for hours until someone finally read and accepted it ((it was a sentence!!! :p))

Mirax

Patience young one. Some of us were too busy celebrating to be on here approving posts. :p

GI_Admiral

Pfffft...mods arent supposed to have lifes....they're supposed to serve the regs like slaves!!!!

Mirax

Aren't most of the regs, mods? :nutty:

GI_Admiral

Pfffft I've been herr longer than most mods :p

Alas...I think they dislike me ;) :p

Drake

This is starting to turn into mindless dribble at risk of being deleted on sight.

Andy

Except now you can't argue because a mod has approved the posts before they showed up.

Mirax

Okay guys... (no names) but Drake's warning does not mean to actually post mindless dribble for the mods to have to go look at.

Drake

Except now you can't argue because a mod has approved the posts before they showed up.

I can argue if another mod lets those posts through.

Andy

But not here - you can do that in the Staff forum :p