Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Okay, Story Time

Pandora

Beeurd called this a "podcrazy" story, even though I SWEAR IT WASN'T MY FUALT!

Sunday at work, it was about 5:15, almost closing time. I was coming out of the warehouse with some other workers as we finished our conversation, and I noticed a guy approaching me like he needed some help. I'd seen him before, several times. He's like the foster parent or caretaker or something for these three Mexican boys. The oldest is probably about my age, or a little older, the youngest, 15 or so.

They frequent the store because they can get brand new clothes for the same price you can get at thrift stores. It's cheap, and they can afford it. Anyway, these boys don't speak a word of English. The oldest can manage a little, but for the most part, their caretaker is their translator. I always liked these guys, because the American is real nice. I've helped them out at the store a lot for several months, and I've never seen him remotely upset. And I like the mexican boys because they're at least polite, and not loud and obnoxious like the other mexicans we get in the store.

The american was asking me about a pair of jeans they'd found near the final clearance rack, but it wasn't marked for final clearance and wanted to know the price. So I went and looked it up on the computer. It didn't come up as a clearance, so I checked the inventory to see how many we had left. If we'd just had one or two, I would have given it to them at discount, but we have a bunch, and they were only $5 anyway.

So I let the translator know, and he tells the boy that wanted it (it was the youngest) and he says something in spainish and goes in the other direction. The translator told me he was going to try it on. I told him that was fine, and to let me know if he wanted it and I would get a UPC code for them so the cashier didn't have to look it up again. I knew it was going to be easy for them to find me again, beacuse I was assigned to work in the mens department that day, and I had just a little bit of cleaning left to do before we closed up and went home.

Well in the mens department we have this really really really long wall of folded jeans. And there was a bunch of women shopping in the mens department yesterday, so the wall was a mess, even though I'd just done it a few hours earlier. The jean wall is also by the fitting room. (and, no, incase you were wondering, I did NOT see him change clothes and that has nothing to do with the story)

So I went about my business and folded the jeans while the other guys watched and talked to each other in Spainish. I can never help but get a little suspicious when mexicans do that, because you never know when they're talking about you. Well the kid trying the jeans on came out and they talked some more, then the translator started asking me a couple of the usual questions: will they shrink, etc

I answered them and kept folding (it's a very big wall).

And the mexicans were still talking and laughing, and I was trying to act like I wasn't listening, even though it wouldn't have done me a damn bit of good, since I'm a Nazi and not Cuban.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the translator turn towards me like customers tend to do when they have a question, and I stood up and gave him my "can I help you?" smile. ha ha ha, I shouldn't have been smiling quite so kindly at them...

what the translator had to say was, and I quote: "They want me to tell you that you're very beautiful."

That of course sparked that stupid, "holy s**t" laugh girls do when they get hit on out of nowhere. You have NO idea how hard it is to be professional and keep your dignity when you want to just die. So I smiled and graciously thanked them and went back to work.

In hindsight, I should have moved, right then and there, but I HAD to finish that wall.

Well, the guys kept on talking and laughing, and I paid a little more attention to them (i'm an excellent eavesdropper), trying to pick out a few words. I managed to pick out "mucho grande," and that was it. I noticed they were laughing like guys do when they're making crude remarks, so it's ANYBODY's guess what they were talking about... in all honesty, it could have been the size 50X34 pants I was folding. But then I decided that was unlikely when the translator asked me in spainish if I spoke spainish...abruptly. I told them I didn't, and that sparked yet ANOTHER conversation.

I'd finished the wall and was trying desperately to break away from them, and FINALLY managed it when my manager called me to make a 15 minutes until closing announcement on the PA system

I didn't go back to the jean wall, I stayed at the front of the store and straightened the mens swimsuit racks, and when those same guys were at the check out, I figured that was it end of it, and I wouldn't have to worry about them until they came back to the store next time.

Good lord was I wrong as hell.

All four of them come over to me after they'd paid, and the mexicans were STILL smiling and leering at me, and the translator points to the oldest one and says (are you ready for this?): "He wants to know if you have a boyfriend."

I of COURSE told him yes, thanking God I didn't have to lie, because I'm a terrible liar.

The one that wanted to know looked positively crushed, so I told him I was sorry and he nodded and they FINALLY walked out of the store

But wait, there's more!

I, of course, told the other girls that were working last night, because, now that the situation was over, it was starting to get funny.

THEY thought it was absolutely freaking hilarious

But it wasn't over... almost, but not quite

After we'd closed and locked up, I was standing outside by the street talking to Michelle and Shelby. Shelby's ride hadn't come yet, so we were keeping her company. Cars were still leaving from the store next to us and they had to pass us to get to the road.

Michelle points behind me, and like an idiot I turn around. "Look, Lindsey!" she said, "There's your new boyfriends!" yeah, ha ha Michelle. REAL funny. To be polite I nodded at them and figured that was it

They must have circled the building or something, because they drove past again, when I wasn't looking, and according to Michelle, one was licking the window... in my direction.

I walked VERY quickly to my car, got in and locked the doors.

So, how was YOUR sunday? :lol:

Andy

Geez, looks even longer here than it was on MSN, lol.

Like I said before... That's one podcrazy story! :lol:

Princess

Heh, I'm sorry that you had to go through that Pod

Pandora

Oh no you're not, you were laughing at me too. :p

GI_Admiral

Hahahahahahahaha....*Note to self, find girl you like, drive past whilst licking window* :p

Pandora

:lol: Well gee, what an idea.

GI_Admiral

I'll be sure to tell you if it works if i'm not shot/beaten horribly/arrested.

Princess

*prepares prison survival kit*

GI_Admiral

Jackson State Penitentary

Jackson, Michigan

Pandora

I'll be sure to tell you if it works if i'm not shot/beaten horribly/arrested.

she'd be real uptight about it then.

And I thought *I* took it bad.

CorSec

Awww...C'mon...halfway through....it looked like it would end in the bloody gruesome death of someone behind the stores dumpster...but nooo. You just had to not kill one of them. Pfttt :p

Pandora

We don't have our own dumpster.

We have a box crusher. Even better. :p

CorSec

I rest my case.. :roll:

E-wing

:mad: those mexicans must die! :mad:

Pandora

Calm down, sweetie. It's not like they tried to take me to Taco Bell or anything.

CorSec

*adds a note to GI's notes*

"Take girl to Taco Bell to impress them"

Andy

lol, my mum used to go out with a policeman who took her to McDonalds a couple of times. :lol:

Pandora

Yeah there's a good way to flatter a girl...

Oh hey, I remember hearing about a group of seniors that had dinner at Taco Bell on their way to prom last year. All dressed up in their tuxes and gowns and everything.

CorSec

"Take to Taco Bell and/or McDonalds before Prom.."

*continues writing*

This is all great stuff :p

Andy

I would have liked to have been there and watched as they spilt some sause down their dresses or something. Bwahahahaha!!! :twisted:

Pandora

Confuscious say: Corsec will die childless and alone.

CorSec

"Childless and.."

What was that last part?

"...alone"

E-wing

:rofl:

Pandora

And pale. Hun you need to get out more.

CorSec

"out....oooowwwut......owwwt...what?" :p

Pandora

Precisely. *moves her hair off her shoulders and proudly displays the tan she got in the Bahamas*

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.