Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

War in the Middle East

Chickenman

I hope the morons who did this get kicked out of the army and arrested.

Alexander

I hope they get put in jail for most of their lives. I was also pretty surprised that Rumsfield took the blame for the incident, made me grow a little respect for the man.

Ender

I think that it's sick, and the people involved should be court-martialed and thrown in the stockade for the rest of time.

Edited by Drizzt Do'Urden

MsSolo

I was going to ask which abuse allegations you meant, but as no one's mentioned whether teh pictures were fake, I'll asume American. You'd think hte media would be making more fuss about that over here, to hide the allegations against the British troops, but I figure that'll happen if they find the photos of the Biritsh troops abusing prisoners are real.

Roethlisberger

Bush's reply was: "That's not the way we do things in America"

For once, the guy was right.

Andy

Yeah, I think the British ones are faked, based only on the facts that have been given by the experts. The people who released the photos didn't have any reply for some of the points raised by the MoD.

Ender

Yeah, some of those photos are DEFINETLY doctored...

Princess

As Secretary of Defense, Rumsfeld sure as hell knew what was going on. I don't believe that he should be allowed to hold office anymore because he was hiding it. And of course this little incident make Bush look that much worse going into elections.

chozen

Yeah, I think the British ones are faked, based only on the facts that have been given by the experts. The people who released the photos didn't have any reply for some of the points raised by the MoD.

Yep..

What really bugs me is that the Mirror continue to persue with the British Army abuse story, despite proof against such claims (although it probably does happen)

They had a "British Soldiers" story the other day.. total bollocks.

Edited by Andy

Princess

*sigh* And apparently the Red Cross reported the abuse to the military commanders in November, and now look at what is happening

Pandora

As Secretary of Defense, Rumsfeld sure as hell knew what was going on. I don't believe that he should be allowed to hold office anymore because he was hiding it. And of course this little incident make Bush look that much worse going into elections.

I think that for ANYTHING to happen to Rumsfeld, those orders are going to have to be traced pretty freaking high up.

Personally, I'm not fazed at all. I'm sorry it got publicized, I'm sorry you had to see it. But if that's the WORST we're doing during Psych Ops and interrogation, I'm sorry for that too.

Edited by Andy

Radioactive Isotope

and yet once again we see how the press only focuses on the negative aspects of this war. as i understand it, these are some pretty high ranking Iraqi officials. we seem to forget what they did to their own people. personally, i don't think a little taste of what they've dished out is so wrong. if these were innocent civilians, though, it'd be different.

Alexander

we seem to forget what they did to their own people

And... that somehow makes it right?

Edited by Andy

Radioactive Isotope

call it "just desserts." sure, morally it's not right, but this country seems to have quit caring about morals a long time ago. we can get outraged at the abuse of Iraqi prisoners, yet we ignore the fact that over 18,000 Americans are killed by drunk driving a year. seems a bit whacked to me.

Edited by Firefly

Drake

Doing what they did makes those troops, and their superiors, as bad as the Iraqi troops that were under Saddam. Revenge or no, it's still wrong and I'm glad they're being court martialed. It was stupid to see Bush stand up for Rumsfeld...

Alexander

Well said, Talon.

Drake

yet we ignore the fact that over 18,000 Americans are killed by drunk driving a year. seems a bit whacked to me.

Abusing prisoners of a country that you just "liberated" is slightly different then drunk drivers.

Edited by Andy

Andy

The people who did that need to punished. Going around torturing people isn't going to make them love you any more than they did when they were fighting against you. It is possible for countries that used to fight to get along with eachother. Look at Europe, as much as I hate the European Union, it is amazing that as short ago as half a century we were still fighting eachother. I don't expect the Arab nations (is that the correct term?) to immediatly start being friends with the rest of the world, it will take time, and stuff like this isn't going to help the process.

Princess

It's good to see those soilders going through the judicial process.

And JM, by our soilders torturing and humiliating those prisoners, they became no better than the people that we liberated the Iraqi people from. America is supposed to have higher moral standards than that. It saddens me to see this. Unfortunately it happened and has been covered up quite well. I see a big change coming soon

Radioactive Isotope

what i was getting at is that we're trying to fix other countries' problems and ignoring our own. i'll be the first to admit this country needs work. healthcare and social security are a mess. is it too much to ask that we get our issues straightened out before takling everyone else's?

Radioactive Isotope

i'm not saying that it's right. however, it may be the only treatment these people respond to at all. there's probably a reason for this behavior, and it needed to be investigated internally before the press blew it up. on the other hand, the soldiers could be sadistic jerks and should be shot. *shrug* either way, it's happened and all we can do now is make sure it doesn't happen again.

Princess

Unfortunately being a world power means that you have to help the less fortunate in the world. You can't build a big dome over America and say "Screw you" to the world

Drake

Even though I'm not American, what you said, JM, would be nice (it would benefit Canada in the process) but it would seem that the government doesn't agree.

Radioactive Isotope

it's been tried and then we got dragged into a world war. i think it's amazing how much other countries say they hate America and yet beg for our help when the guy next-door starts harassing them.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.