Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Ender

A New Fic From Ender

Ender

This is the first two chapters of a new fic I'm writing. It's not SW, but merely something inspired from reading Tom Clancy as well as other war books. Dont have a title yet.

Chapter 1

?Sir, they?re waiting.?

The President of the United States, Jonathan Gresham, paced in his office. He was about to have a meeting with his CIA advisors on the growing problem with North Korea.

?Sir? Did you hear me?? asked his secretary.

?I heard you. Show them in.?

He sat down as the 5 of them walked in, some carrying binders, briefcases, etc. They all sat down in the circle of chairs that had been arranged in the middle of the Oval Office. The Deputy Director of Intelligence, George Marshall, cleared his throat.

?Good morning, gentlemen. I understand that everyone has been briefed on the situation, so let?s get down to business. Latest photos from our satellites have confirmed this: the North Koreans are indeed mining materials such as uranium and other things used in the creation of nuclear weapons. In the quantities they?re mining, I would say that they are building weapons, but there isn?t enough proof. Not enough to go to war or press over. But still, we need to watch this very closely, in my opinion.?

?How do we know this for certain? I mean, do we know if they?re doing this for weapons, or just energy?? asked Walter Johnson, another CIA analyst.

Gresham sighed. This was going to be a long meeting.

?

They left an hour and a half later, when the Defense Secretary, Bill Muller, walked in.

?Hello, Mr. President. Can I have a word with you??

?Sure, Bill. Come on in,? replied Gresham.

?Thank you.? Muller sat down, and cleared his throat. ?Sir, I think we need to raise the bar a bit in North Korea. Find out what they?re doing, and if needed, neutralize it.?

Gresham straightened up in his seat. ?What are you suggesting??

Muller shifted a little uneasily in his chair. ?Personally, if it were me, I?d send a small contingent of soldiers in. Special Forces, definitely. Only one or two squads, though, so we don?t arouse suspicion.?

Gresham sighed and stood up. He walked over to the window and looked outside. ?If the North Koreans ever discovered them, it would mean war.?

?That?s why we?d keep this under very tight wraps. Only a select few know. Besides, Special Forces troops know how to keep out of trouble. It?s not like they?re going into the heart of Pyongyang or something. Just the area where this mining is taking place.?

Gresham sighed, and turned around to look at Muller. ?Give me some time to think this over.?

?All right, sir.?

Muller walked out.

Gresham went back to his chair behind his desk, sat down, and began to think.

?

Four hours later, Gresham called Muller back to his office. Gresham took a deep breath.

?All right, you?ve got a go. Round up the best troops we?ve got. Who would be heading the mission??

?Already found someone, sir.? Muller said, handing a file folder to Gresham. ?Michael Donovan. He?s been living in South Korea for the past 10 years or so. He regularly crosses the border to the North for scouting. He?s good, sir. And he knows the lay of the land.?

Gresham was looking through Donovan?s file. ?He?s ex-Special Forces??

?Yes, sir. He was a SEAL, served in numerous theatres.?

?All right. You?ve talked to him??

?Yes, sir. He?s on his way now to pick out his troops.?

Gresham sighed. ?I have a bad feeling about this. Proceed carefully.?

Muller nodded. ?Will do, sir.?

Chapter 2

Michael Donovan was tall, with long, dirty brown hair. He was standing in a field near Fort Campbell, Kentucky, watching a sniper hunt exercise. So far, the sniper had evaded capture from the two ?hunters?. Next to him stood a sergeant who was in charge of the exercise. So far the sniper had evaded capture.

?All right, Smitty, I see something. Come in right. Stop! All right, run straight in! Sniper at your feet!? the Sergeant said over his radio.

One of the hunters bended down, picked something up, and said, ?Sir, it?s just his lunch.?

?What?d he have, Corporal??

?Quarter pounder with cheese, sir.?

Donovan chuckled, and the sniper hit the target again.

?Damn, that?s five,? the Sergeant said. ?All right, sniper, reveal yourself. You?ve won.?

The sniper, Matt Goodwin, wearing his camouflaged fatigues, stood up about ten feet in front of Donovan and the Sergeant.

?Sniper, how did you get that close?? the Sergeant asked, obviously pissed off.

?Sir, sniper got this close by being a sneaky nerfherder, sir!? Goodwin replied.

?Do you know the fine for littering in the state of Kentucky, Goodwin?? asked the Sergeant.

Goodwin grinned. ?Yes, sir!?

?Report to the Lieutenant?s office in ten minutes.?

?

?I saw you on the sniper course, Goodwin, you looked good.? Donovan said, later in the office.

?Thank you, sir.? Goodwin replied.

Lieutenant Brown spoke up. ?Mr. Donovan here is organizing a team of elite soldiers to go far behind enemy lines and complete a highly dangerous and classified mission. You?d be gone probably four to six months, and when you got back you?d get your choice of assignments in Special Ops. So how about it??

Goodwin thought for a minute. ?Yes, sir!?

Chickenman

Not to nitpick, but I don't think "nerfherder" would be in the vocab of a special forces sniper.

Edited by Chickenman

Ender

It's just the stupid filter... it changes b a s t a r d to nerfherder

Andy

*cough*

Chickenman

ah.

Ender

Just wanted to show him what it means, Beeurd...

Mickey

haha, that's a fun little "glitch"

he should do more fun things with the filter, like have "the" change to "turkey pot pie"

Bushy

Wow, I didn't know you wrote that. That's awesome man. Very good writing skills, you have. You must finish it! You must, you must!

Chickenman

I'm with Bushy.

Andy

You and Bushy? Geez, I didn't know you were both like that... :p

( joke, obviously :D )

Chickenman

*shoots some bullets vaguely in the direction of Beeurd*

Andy

*they all miss, as they were only vaguely in my direction* :p

Mickey

must've been a Stormie in a past life ...

Chickenman

Those were warning shots, not real ones. *Fires some real shots in Beeurd's direction*

((And by the way, the only reason stormies are bad shots is because in the movie, they were only shooting at the heroes. If Luke had been shot down by an excellent sharpshooter, it would kinda destroy the story. You'd think that with all the training stormies are exposed to, they'd be great marksman.))

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.