Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Ayingel

me too...at the rate things are going...he's going to end up with a hospital stay...and we really don't need to go through with that on the one year appointment.

Ayingel

got another one for ya guys. a good friend of the family just had a goiter taken out of chest and brain surgery done at the same time last week. i found out today that he is not doing well and it looks like he's headed back into the hospital. he has been a great person to my family, and it would mean so much if you guys could keep him in your prayers.

Drake

Just another progress report on my granny for you guys...

She was taken off her breathing and feeding tubes on Monday and was moved to a hospital closer to home today. It's a miracle that she's recovering so fast. Just last week she was close to death and now she's sitting up and talking and smiling. She told my mom a few days ago that when everything went black, a voice told her that it wasn't her time yet.

Thanks again for your prayers. :D

SoftballJedi

That's awsome!

Radioactive Isotope

cool!

Ayingel

ooh...i've got a few...

today was a very exciting day last year. my dad recieved his liver exactly one year from today (July 27) and he is doing fantastic, minus the fact that he is very close to getting colon cancer. any way, his liver is doing very well and the person who recieved their liver the same day is also doing wonderfully.

today i also got some distressing news. a lady who was encouraged by my dad to check at another clinic to see if she could be given a liver transplant was told she had cancer. today, i was told she has a brain tumor and another tumor near the liver area. she looked so good a week ago and it takes a lot of courage to be in her position since she now can't get a transplant.

please keep my dad and this wonderful woman in your prayers...

Princess

Great news Drake and some good news on your dad JC

Ayingel

Okay, this guy I kinda went to school with in Kasson died on Sunday. No one thought he was going to make it to graduation, but he did, and he got the biggest round of applause I've ever heard at a graduation. Please keep his family in your prayers in this difficult time, and please keep everyone who knew him in mind, too. It will help them.

Radioactive Isotope

was he sick?

Tsl

Pray for one of my babies....God will know which one, lol, can't say her name or I'll be breaking federal HIPPA laws... Anyways, she has a really unstable airway, so she can't go home, she's never been home her whole life. She's so unstable, they can't even opperate and fix it. And now her family never comes anymore, they're withdrawling. This baby is sooo cute. She smiles and plays and she's the sweetest little thing. She's nearly a year old now, so I think she's starting to kinda know what's going on. She acts really weird for a couple hours after her family makes a rare visit. The staff are her family, but we can't give her the attention she needs. We don't have time, and it's not healthy for a kid to have 25 mommies anyways.

Anyways, it's all very sad :(

Princess

Poor baby

Ayingel

was he sick?

extremely. he was having a lot of health problems, so he was doing school at home and in the hospital like my sister did. he had brain surgery the week before, and he had to wear a neck brace to graduation. he technically didn't have to walk, he did have a wheelchair, but he walked..

Radioactive Isotope

that's good that he walked. what an accomplishment.

Ayingel

yeah...God truly does amazing things for people. he had such stamina for it too..

Princess

Pray for one of our patients. He's only 48 years old and had open heart surgery today. It didn't go well. He's taking blood and blood products like crazy and as soon as they can get him stable he's being flown to University of Michigan hospital. They've been trying for hours to get him stable and they can't get him there. One of my coworkers worked her butt off tonight issuing 21 units of blood products to him with another 6 units of red cells on the shelf for when he gets shipped to UofM.

Andy

My dad's stepdad had a triple heart bypass about a month or so ago.

Indie-Girl

*pokes beeurd* pay more attension....

it was a quadrupal heart bypass actually(i cant spell that word :p)

and my best friend's grandma just dies and she was really close to her and this was the day she moved out of her parents house so ....it was a pretty stressfull day for her :(

Andy

*pokes beeurd* pay more attension....

it was a quadrupal heart bypass actually(i cant spell that word :p)

it's not my fault, the story changes every time i hear it.

First I didn't know at all

Then I heard he was in hospital

then I heard he had an operation

then I heard it was a heart bypass...

and from then on it just gradually turned into a more serious operation. Next time I ask it'll probably be a friggin heart transplant.

Ender

Please pray for my buddy Jake Thomas. His mom was killed a few days ago in a car accident. Apparently, she had pulled off of the highway onto the shoulder to make a cell phone call, and a semi lost control and hit her car. I'm flying out there tomorrow to see him and be there for the funeral. I'll be back late on Monday, but I hope to check in during my stay there.

Princess

That's awful

Ayingel

Please keep my grandfather in your prayers. He's had a long battle with cancer, and as of late he has put on a lot of fluid around his heart. It looks like he'll never recover from his trip to Michigan. The doctors told my grandmother that he only has about a month or so left.

Princess

Sorry to hear that PC

Ayingel

yeah...we're going to visit him today..my mom and my aunt are really upset about it...but we alll know he'll be okay.

well...by earthly standards...maybe not. we (my mom, my dad, my aunt, and myself) were told that it is congestive heart failure. so...he's in the final stages...going by the days. it's kinda hard being in the loop, you know? i can't tell any one of my cousins...being that i am the only one out of the 12 (i think) of us who knows...and i can't let on that anything is going to get worse. hell, i'm even one of the youngest grandkids. so i guess, what i'm asking is that you all pray for a painless death in his sleep...he isn't going to get any better. he can't think straight, can barely walk, hard for him to speak, he can't wear shoes, he can't even remember the wedding he was at 2 weeks ago and it was his niece's wedding. he wanted to see his family one last time...and he got to...but he won't remember it at all. i just want this to be over with...please....pray for a fast and painless death...i don't want to see him suffer any more.

Edited by Smurfette

Princess

*hugs PC*

I have happy news that the open heart patient that I was talking about on Friday night made it through the weekend, went back into OR over the weekend, took a ton more blood and was safely shipped off to UofM at 1930 last night. May he have a safe recovery

Ayingel

he's dead. my grandfather died today around 1:00 as i was on my way to say goodbye. my director wouldn't let me leave today, so i did't get to see him before he died. i guess he was in comatose last night until this morning...not even my whole family knows yet. thanks for those of you who prayed for his quick death. i guess it was painless, and he died right after his baby girl (my 29 year old aunt) got there. just pray that everything goes well from this point on...

right now i'm at my grandmother's house waiting for the funeral home to come..

Edited by Smurfette

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.