Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Possible Sequels?

Drake

From TF.N:

EP3: Updates to SW Sequels Rumor

Fri, Jan 16, 04 09:14:32 AM EST

Jon Parton sends us this update to an earlier story about the Star Wars sequels being made.

Tonight, Ahmed Best was being interviewed on a local radio station (96.5 The Buzz in Kansas City). I didn't hear the whole thing, but the dj asked Ahmet about Episodes 7, 8, and 9. Ahmet said he couldn't say anything about them. He didn't deny anything, just saying that he was under contract and couldn't talk about it. Don't know if it's newsworthy or not, but there you go.

Peter Mahyew denies the original report on his official website where says the following according to a news tip from M. Kryger:

Hi, Well, that's very interesting, but no, it's not true about Ep's 7, 8 and 9....don't know where the guy got that one...but yes, I'll be in Ep III for sure.....thanks for the email... and Cheers, Peter

Then AICN is posting rumors about Lucasfilm cutting deals until 2012 and special effects wings staffing up:

Pacific Title employees working at Skywalker Ranch have just signed new contracts to run until 2012. Pacific Title are an optical and digital effects production company and the extended contacts are a carry over from their work on Episode II & III.

Obi_Shawn_Kenobi sends us this report from Canada, who probably just took the lead from our story about Hot Dog but still it hit the mainstream there:

I was just watching "The Stars Tonight" on a local television station in Toronto. This is the Entertainment News segment of the 6 o clock news on channel 8 here in Toronto. They mentioned that Peter Mayhew has signed and has said that he signed a contract for a Episodes 7, 8, and 9! This would help validate your previous story that you though might be just a big rumour.

And finally, Wolvskar sends us this note from the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider. This is Mark Hamill talking about the sequel trilogy:

"I knew they were going to be about other characters with a possiblity of my doing a cameo in the ninth one."

We called Lucasfilm, but Jeanie Cole in publicity left the company recently so we're working on who to speak with next to try to get a straight answer. And we're hearing about a wish list of directors, too. Including Steven Spielberg, who is also connected to Episode III in some specific way, believe it or not.

TheUnknown

Well, LucasFilm is certainly going to publicly deny it.

And as I have said before, I don't want Lucas to make them. I think he would run the risk of royally messing up much of the Post-OT EU (unless he adapted the NJO or something).

Andy

Come to think of it, I think Lucas has only ever said that he won't be making any more SW movies after the prequels. However, this doesn't mean that he won't grant movie rights to other people, the same way that Lucas Books hires authors to write for the EU.

Plus, with the recent Clone Wars short animations it does seem likely that there will be more similar series' on TV in the future.

And, the thing about the Pacific Title employees having their contracts extended to 2012... Well, using the 3-year production rule, we don't have enough time for three new SW movies there. Perhaps a TV series?

One thing is certain though, whatever happens. Star Wars isn't going to go away for a long time.

chozen

I'm not sure if making the additional films is a good idea. The star wars films so far have sucked compared to the books.

Drake

Well I really hope that Lucas won't do them because his mind has deteriorated since the OT.

TheUnknown

I agree with Drake.

I personally like my movies, books, and music to have a brain and a heart. To me, TESB and RoTJ were great movies because of the love story, the battle between good and evil, the personal battles, the coming of age, etc.

It seems in making the PT, Lucas forgot all of this so he could focus on the visual effects, which by the way look good but still look FAKE.

Rogue

Come to think of it, I think Lucas has only ever said that he won't be making any more SW movies after the prequels.

Actually beeurd, he said in an interview that when he was done with the prequels he was going to take some time to himself, to do other films, but that there was a possibility that he would return to Star Wars.

chozen

Not if I can help it.. *slinks off into the night with a sniper rifle*

Radioactive Isotope

:eek: *gasp* NOOOOOOOOOO!

at least wait until EP3 comes out. :p

chozen

eh... *shoots JM*

Radioactive Isotope

*ducks* :p

chozen

*shoots the ducks.. Kills JM*

Andy

:lol:

Behave, you two! :p

chozen

pfft *Lines up a good sniping point outside beeurd's house.. In.. err.. a big hill.. In worcestershire.. eh.. gives up*

Okey Dokey then.

Andy

Phew. Good job he gave up... 'cos there is actually a big hill near my house that would make an excellent sniping position...

Unfortunatly, my room is on the opposite side of the house anyway :p

CorSec

I can see the headlines:

"Lucas releases Episode 7. Fans burn down Skywalker Ranch in outrage"

"Star Wars Expanded Universe deemed "utterly destroyed"

"Mobs of angry fans immerse themselves in the Original Trilogy to keep out the failure of Episode 7"

"World to end As CorSec launches nukes from around the globe"

chozen

Darnations..

Hmm... How about you go take that box of 'minature heroes' in the room facing the window. *waves hand*

:rofl:, CorSec

'Chozen eats out CorSec's brain'

'Chozen declares that it needs a bit of ketchup'

Drake

*stations himself on the big hill overlooking Beeurd's house with a rocket launcher*

:twisted:

CorSec

Hey...thats not very nice...*points the weapon over to chozens house* ;)

TheUnknown

"Huge canon debate causes Star Wars Civil War between Canon-Nazis and Loose Canons."

Andy

"GBnet forum members stay on topic for more than two minutes"

Whoops. Ignore that one :roll: :p

Radioactive Isotope

this just in:

"Not gonna happen" :p

chozen

"Huge canon debate causes Star Wars Civil War between Canon-Nazis and Loose Canons."

:lol:

Oooh oooh.. I want to be the gunpowder!

Rogue

Or..."Annoyed GBers throw Chozen out the window" :p :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.