Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

chozen

What games are you looking forward to?

Drake

*breaks through Beeurd's shield using one of the massive, old X-Box controllers*

Mwahahaha! :twisted:

Andy

Nooo! My beautiful shield!

*throws DreamCasts, MegaDrives, SNESs, Ataris and Spectrums at Drake*

Radioactive Isotope

:roll:

chozen

*Throws the first ever computer at beeurd... It's just a little bigger than the x-box*

Andy

*is hit by a brain*

Eww, 'tis all sticky.

Ender

I still swear by the old Xbox controller... damn you small-handed weaklings.

Radioactive Isotope

well, you know what they say about small hands ;)

chozen

You know what they say about sexual references at gb? Banning.

Radioactive Isotope

no :roll: i've heard that if you make fists and put them together side by side, that's how big your brain is. small hands = small brain. ;)

CorSec

You know what they say about sexual references at gb? Banning.

lmao

TheUnknown

Section 8, Mass Effect 2, Madden 2010, Batman: Arkham Asylum, maybe IL 2 Sturmovik look interesting.

Ender

Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed II, Alan Wake, and FIFA 10 all look wonderful.

Uncle Du

Definitely Batman (you gotta check the demo!), Halo 3:ODST and more specifically the last of the Mythic maps, Assasins Creed II, NHL 10 and Gears of War 3. I wish I could get into Mass Effect but as I've gotten older, I don't seem to have he patience to play these gams that take 40+ hours to beat.

Oh, and even though it's pretty much dead in the water, SquareEnix re-making FFVII for the PS3 is something I look forward to and would be about the one thing I would buy a PS3 for. I mean, they told us it was going to come out. They evenshowed a re-done version of the beginning of the game when Cloud jumps off the train in Midgar. I love that game. ;)

Edited by Du

Andy

Actually, thye have never said they were remaking FF7 for the PS3. lol, the opening scene they did was purely for demonstration purposes, apparently. ;)

Uncle Du

Hey, I remember reading an article, wayyyy before the PS3 came out that said Sony and Square had already agreed on it and that it was to be one of the major selling points of the PS3. I am NOT making this s*** up. :p

And I actually found an ORIGINAL copy of FFVII at this store here called Cash in Culture. It's not the greatest hits version of the game. They want 75 bucks for it, and I want it soooooo bad.

Drake

The Saboteur looks good. Play as an Irish racing mechanic in an open-world Nazi-occupied Paris in WWII? Work with the French Resistance and British Intelligence to take revenge on the Nazis? Sounds like a hoot.

Dante's Inferno also looks good. Disturbing but good.

CorSec

Star Trek Online

It's an MMO being developed by Cryptic (City of Heroes, Champions Online). Currently in Closed beta, with Open beta starting in January and release set for February 2nd.

It takes place in the "prime" timeline. For some chronology highlights: Star Trek: Nemesis was in 2379. Nero and Spock were sent back in time in 2385, and this game takes place in 2409.

So it's 30 years after the last canon entry in this timeline. The loss of the Romulan core worlds to the supernova devastates the Empire. The Klingons take the opportunity to "re-take" some sectors in Romulan space, despite the Federation's best diplomatic efforts. Long story short, the Klingons wage war against the Gorn and Naussicans and absorb their worlds. Emboldened by their efforts, they start to demand territory of the Federation and war breaks out in 2405 or so. Oh and, if that wasn't spicy enough, the Borg have recently re-emerged in the Alpha quadrant (despite being MIA since Voyager's return).

If you want a more detailed take on the lore from 2379 to 2409, you can read the series of articles titled "Path to 2409" on the website. There's also a set of videos similarly titled that give it a summary treatment.

The game is focused on the war between the two factions: the Federation and the Klingon Alliance. Players can choose either faction, though currently the Klingon faction is much simpler than the Federation. At launch, the Klingons will lack PvE content (questing), and will level primarily via PvP.

Players take the role of an Ensign rapidly promoted to command of a starship during a Borg invasion. Combat is split between Space (commanding a ship), and Ground (more typical MMO third person gameplay).

I suggest taking a look at the website if you're interested. This video describes starship combat in detail, and is a good place to start:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BAjCL9R-3tg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I've made it an occupation to research this game. I'm honestly not a huge Star Trek guy, but this looks like a quality MMO. I haven't been this excited about a video game in years.

Emperor Fel I

Napoleon: Total War (Napoleon is AWESOME!)

TheUnknown

Force Unleashed 2, Mass Effect 2, Halo: Reach, Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

Uncle Du

I second all those. ;)

jedimaster1043

I am most looking forward to these:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/hi_im_dave/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25779293&tag=all-about;blog1

Uncle Du

My brother in law wants me to get Army of 2: The 40th Day so we can play together. I had the first one and thought it was ok, but I'm wary about getting another EA game. If it's not sports, they're generally not as good. And I was really turned off on the fact that I downloaded the almost 2 gig demo only to find that you can't play the demo in solo mode, you have to play with someone else.

Bad furday

ModNation Racers :D

Based on the Little Big Planet engine, you can create your character, your kart, and, the dealmaker for me, your own tracks! :D

It's similar to Mario Kart, but with much more customization. Ie: What if I just want to race? What if I don't care about power ups or weapons or obstacles? I don't have to put them in when building the track.

Am really looking forwards to this...spring 2010 is when it's due.

I'll have to get me a PS3 :)

Emperor Fel I

Napoleon: Total War. Napoleon is just awesome!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.