Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

DISCUSSION PT2: Which gender as the toughest time?

TheUnknown

In modern, Western, English-speaking society, which gender do you believe has the most pressure placed on them? I'm gonna wait to give me feelings, but please give yours.

chozen

Guys.. We're always having to live up to someone expection..

Pandora

(lol this could get violent) Yeah, for instance, how do you drink more from the keg than that other guy? :p

chozen

:roll: Yeah.. Sure..

Pandora

Twas a joke, Chozen, only a joke.

chozen

Sorry.. A little snappy.. I need a drink, non-alchoholic :~P, my thrats too sore.. I'm getting worked up over nothing.. Ah well.

Radioactive Isotope

i'd say girls. we're always under pressure to look like a friggin Barbie doll. and all the clothes--especially in the juniors' section--are made for girls that are tall sticks. now, i don't happen to have that body type, and it's nearly impossible to find clothes that fit and comply with my parents' dress code.

Ana

I'm with JM, girls have it bad. And the shoes... guys don't have to walk around in supertall stilettos that kill your ankles.

Andy

I need a drink, non-alchoholic

Non-alcoholic? Is that a real word? What does it mean? :-?

:drink: :wink:

chozen

I was clearing my tracks.. So I wouldn't get a stupid sexist response.. :):p

I'm with JM, girls have it bad. And the shoes... guys don't have to walk around in supertall stilettos that kill your ankles.

Neither do girls... I've never met a girl who dresses in something they wouldn't want to ware.

i'd say girls. we're always under pressure to look like a friggin Barbie doll. and all the clothes--especially in the juniors' section--are made for girls that are tall sticks. now, i don't happen to have that body type, and it's nearly impossible to find clothes that fit and comply with my parents' dress code.

Well I don't know what it's like in the states but it isn't too hard to find any clothes for my sis.. And the "Comply with my parents' dress code" isn't "pressure placed on your whole gender".. That's just something you have to talk over with your parents.

But Beeurd just made an example on the pressure placed on guys.. We have to be these drunken alcoholics who visit a bar when ever we have a spare minute. And there's that whole sex pressure, girls get it too, which i don't even want to go into..

Radioactive Isotope

i think it sufficeth to say that both guys and girls have pressures. one is not necessarily worse than the other, they're just different.

And the "Comply with my parents' dress code" isn't "pressure placed on your whole gender".. That's just something you have to talk over with your parents.

well, yes and no. granted they're my parents and i can't really do anything about that, the fact that--especially in the summer--girls' clothes really don't cover much, is almost forcing us to dress with everything hanging out for everyone to see. it's gotten to the point where i have to buy jeans at the DAV or something and cut them to get shorts that are long enough.

and do you have any idea how hard it is to find a prom dress with sleeves and a back? i could go on and on but not right now.

chozen

Well since I never had a prom dress I would't know. *Shiftyness*

Ender

I thought you were a cross-dresser, Chozen... ;)

chozen

*Nervous laugh* Wrong Chozen.

Ender

Are you sure about that?

chozen

*Blank stare*

No.. I'm not. I'm not sure if i'm even real... Am I here or am i there?

:roll: -

Radioactive Isotope

well, there was the whole breast implants issue. :D

Bad furday

Yes...see Weekly 16! :p

chozen

Ah well.. Implants or no implants..

Ender

There's Furday... always trying to get people to read PW... ;)

General Dk Blu

I think it's entertaining

chozen

Thats why it's there.. Although you shouldn't pay too much attention *nervous laugh*

Ender

:lol:

CorSec

Yeah...especially those bits about "ponys"...*more nervous laughter*

Radioactive Isotope

riiiiiiiight.... :lol:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.