Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Hand in Hand

Pandora

Maybe this should go in the news room, maybe not. But it can always be moved. I'm putting it here to get more involvement.

Whether you are for this war or against it, we don't have to worry about whether or not our houses will still be standing when we come home in the evenings, or whether or not or family will be safe all day. And whether you want to say it or not, we all know that our freedom is worth fighting for, whether you think we should be fighting yet or not. Well, we are fighting now. There's nothing we can do here but wait, and stay strong. Alone, our strength here will fail. I know that the American Spirit cannot, and will never be broken. That's what this thread is for. Put aside our political differences, and just stand together for the only thing we seem to agree on... America is America. Those of you in other countries, you're all in allied nations. Please honor our allegances here and now, because your countries also stand for freedom. ((this is NOT a war discussion thread!))

Let's make a cyber human chain right here, to keep our spirits strong. Everyone that stands in it gathers strength from it. We're all going to be feeling the strains of wartime soon if we haven't already. Maybe this way we can make it through a little easier, because we'll be together. Can we do this? If we can, then we can resist anything, and we'll be stronger and closer than ever.

E-wing

I'm here for you pod...... and everyone else

Pandora

*Smiles and takes Ewing's hand* Thank you, Ewing. Two links to the chain...

Bad furday

I'm here Pod! *takes her other hand*

Pandora

*smiles at Furday and thanks him* Let's roll.

(The announcement has just been made. Here we go.)

Drake

Okay I'm here.

*joins the chain and watches Bush's speech*

Princess

*joins in the chain*

May this be short and may there be little collateral damage.

TheUnknown

I do not support this war or those who have brought it about (on all sides).

But I do support the men and women, among them Link's mother and my cousin, who are doing the actual fighting.

Andy

I don't support the war, but I'm here in support of those military men and women who are simply doing their job, and I am here for my friends.

*joins the chain*

chozen

Aye thats right are troops rule...Don't forget there out there too...

MsSolo

I support those who are fighting, in that I don't want them to die. I don't support the war. Also not happy about the fact that so far all the Americans are in England, while all the English are in Kuwait.

*adds her hand, a little reluctantly*

chozen

That's a little exagerated!

CorSec

I support life, and the preservation of it...

*adds his hand*

Rogue

I pray for all the men and women out there fighting in this war, that they ALL come back alive. I may be naive, but if it's naive to pray for a miracle, than so be it. We need a miracle, all of us, in all our nations. We fight for freedom, and if that's not worthy of a miracle, than I don't know what is.

*joins the chain*

Doc Ani Jade

I pray for all the Iraqi citizens, and for the US soliders...especially for the hospital ship. i know far toomany people on there.

*joins the chain*

Admiral Daala

Let all the soldiers and people of at Iraq be safe.

*joins the chain*

Sticks

I'm not for war, but ditto! I support the men and women out there fighting bravely!

*joins the chain*

chozen

Let us remorse for the soldier killed in action, and the 4 Us marines and 8 British marines...

Link

*takes Sticks' hand* I'm all for it. Let's do this.

Pandora

*looks down the chain at Link and smiles*

Y'all, I'm going to make a list of everyone on the chain and post it on my website for all to see. Maybe I can get a few more links from listing at yahoo.

chozen

Sadly four more men have died-

Four US soldiers are reported to have been killed in central Iraq. It is thought that they were in two lightly armoured vehicles and hit by rocket propelled grenades.

Sky TV's Colin Brazier, who was travelling with the soldiers from the US Third Infantry Division, said the four reconnaissance scouts were ambushed while driving Humvee jeeps at the head of the column.

"Rocket-propelled grenades were fired, one at each Humvee, they killed both sets of occupants," he said in a brief live report on Sky.

Link

*smiles back at Pod* You know you're like me. You want to pick that gun up and go fight.

Pandora

:) You bet I do. Hence the line in my sig. Had I been born a few years earlier, I'd have run down to Millington Base in a heart beat.

Link

if I was still in ROTC I could do gate guard....

Drake

If Canada was in the war I'd go but since we aren't *shakes fist at government* so I can't do squat.