Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Here We Go!!

Andy

Yeah heard I about the 48 hours thing earlier today.

TheUnknown

Forty-eight hours until the sith hits the fan...for the US.

Princess

8pm EST Weds it'll all start cuz Saddam has pretty much told Bush "screw you."

Princess

We're gonna go to hell in a handbasket. But it needs to be done.

Pandora

We're going no where but right where we need to go, and Britain and Spain are doing the same. Enough protesting, for God's sake, you lost your argument, we're going to war and there is nothing you can do to stop it! So stop being PANSIES and start fighting for freedom that we ALL enjoy!!!

Perhaps I've said it better here: "]http://www.geocities.com/corellianjedi838/...usausa.html

Princess

Pod... change the light blue in the first paragraph... too hard to read against the background

TheUnknown

We're going no where but right where we need to go, and Britain and Spain are doing the same. Enough protesting, for God's sake, you lost your argument, we're going to war and there is nothing you can do to stop it! So stop being PANSIES and start fighting for freedom that we ALL enjoy!!!

Freedom? LOL. Our troops are not fighting for freedom. This war, like Vietnam, Korea, Persian Gulf, Spanish-American, and Mexican-American Wars is all about money. You can cover it up with whatever hypocritical BUsith you want to (security? freedom? "It's the right thing to do"? LMAO).

And if you think going to a time where our economy is sith, oil prices are sky high, unemployment is high, we're isolated from virtually everyone, we have more people hating us, and the real threats like North Korea and Saudi Arabia are still there, then you need to stop and thing.

This war is [glow=red:a9039940a7]WRONG[/glow:a9039940a7]. This war is [glow=red:a9039940a7]HYPOCRITICAL[/glow:a9039940a7]. This war is [glow=red:a9039940a7]POINTLESS[/glow:a9039940a7].

You can fling all the insults you want but those are facts you, Bush, Blair, and every other warmonger will never escape from. And as for the "pansies" comment, a SW fan should know there are times when it is wise NOT to fight and kill. This is one of those times.

Andy

I've been thinking about this, and although I do not support the war, I feel that now a conflict is inevitable I should support the troops.

After all, the armed forces are just doing their job, they do what they are told the same as everyone else does what their bosses tell them. It's just a shame that their bosses are a government that wants to fight Iraq, which will probably result in most of them being killed.

If I could change the governments position on this conflict, I would.

Andy

Oh and:

*applauds Unknown*

CorSec

*is absorbing information in an attempt to finally come to an opinion*

TheUnknown

I support the troops, too. May way of supporting them is to ask if it is worth it.

But I will never support the warmongering, corporate b@stards who send others to risk and give their lives so they can make money and hide it under the guises of patriotism, liberty, and security but do not feel the economic ramifications of their war.

Princess

Ok some people may take offense to this but I got this email and found it funny.

>"The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've

>

>found truffles in Iraq." -- Dennis Miller

>

>

>

>What did the mayor of Parissay to the German Army as they

>

>entered the city in WWII?

>

>A. Table for 100,000 m'sieur?

>

>

>

> "I don't know why people are surprised the French don't want to

>

>help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, Francewouldn't help

>

>us get the Germans out of France." -- Jay Leno

>

>

>

>

>

>"They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida. To prepare

>

>for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white

>

>flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house."

>

>-- Argus Hamilton

>

>

>

>

>

>"Going to war without Franceis like going duck hunting without

>

>your accordion." -- Donald Rumsfeld, U.S.Secretary of Defense

>

>

>

>"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." -- Jacques

>

>Chirac, President of France

>

>"As far as Franceis concerned, you're right." -- Rush Limbaugh

>

>

>

>

>

>"Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was

>

>being advertised on eBay the other day -- the description was,

>

>'Nver shot. Dropped once.'" -- Rep. Roy Blunt (MO)

>

>

>

>

>

>"What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more

>

>of its national will fighting against DisneyWorldand Big Macs than

>

>the Nazis? -- Dennis Miller

>

>

>

>Raise your right hand if you like the French ... raise both hands

>

>if you are French.

>

>

>

>"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because

>

>he hates Americans, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is

>

>French, people." -- Conan O'Brien

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching

>

>into Parisunder a German flag." -- David Letterman

>

>

>

>"Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris? It's not

>

>known; it's never been tried." -- Rep. R. Blount (MO)

>

>

>

>"Do you know it only took Germanythree days to conquer Francein

>

>WWII? And that's because it was raining." -- John Xereas, Manager,

>

>DC Improv

>

>

>

>"It is important to remember that the French have always been there

>

>when they needed us." --Alan Kent

Pandora

And if you think going to a time where our economy is sith, oil prices are sky high, unemployment is high, we're isolated from virtually everyone, we have more people hating us, and the real threats like North Korea and Saudi Arabia are still there, then you need to stop and thing.

Yeah... the Dow jumping 300 points the day immenient war is announced... wow, that's really horrible huh? Wow... I'd sure hate to be on wall Street NOW... *rolls eyes*

Of course oil prices are going to go up... it takes oil to move our troops. Duh. They'll come back down. And if push comes to shove, we can always use Alaska and tap into the Reserve. When the sith hits the fan, it'll be US that can move, so quite your whining.

Unemployment... gee, maybe if you liberals would suck it up and not walk out on your jobs "in protest" then maybe you wouldn't get fired.

Who the hell are we isolated from? If our borders happen to be locked up tight, good! That is, unless you're a terrorist trying to get into the country....

Oh, yeah, everyone hates us... except for Britain, Spain, and the other 43 (as of yesterday morning, it may have gone up) countries backing us. Iraq, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and France are the only ones that are really against us.

North Korea will come in due time. There might still be a chance for diplomacy with them. And Saudi Arabia will too. I wouldn't worry about them just yet.

Now, about what you said about all those troops are going to die? Nah, I doubt. Some will, yes, that's true. But you have to remember, this war is not being led by Clinton, it's being led by the Bush administration. In a Clinton campaign, yeah, they'd all die. Why? because he refused to properly fund our military, which meant that there would not be enough ground support, air support, or air strikes before the ground troops moved in. There are 300,000 ground troops there already. This does not include the air strikes (that I imagine will launch in about *glances at watch* four hours), and whatever we have in air support and rescue. And think about this: the sand storms are starting. Iraqi troops don't have the technology or the equiptment to continue fighting in the sand, so they'll bunker down... Our birds have GPS that is not affected at all by the sand, so they can still hit whatever they're after, and our troops have the proper equiptment. So while the Iraqis slow down, we will keep going. I think losses will be minimal.

Oh, and I can't WAIT to see how many iraqis dressed in uniform will go to the front line with their hands over their heads and their guns lowered. They already know their two choices: resist and be killed. Surrender, and live.

And Unknown? If you support the French so much, I'm sure that planes leave to Paris almost daily at the International airport closest to you. Bon voyage.

TheUnknown

Keep in mind a few things, though:

1.) Without the French, milk and fruit juices would be reall expensive as they would spoil faster. It was a Frenchman, Louis Pasteur, who discovered that bacteria cause liquids to spoil

2.) Without the French, microbiology wouldn't exist. Pasteur is responsible for that.

3.) Without the French, Washington, D.C. would exist. It was a Frenchman who designed the city.

4.) Without the French, the United States wouldn't exist. The American Revolution would have dragged on for years and years, probably with a different outcome, were it not for the French assistance.

Pandora

*laughing uncontrollably* Princess, those are awesome!!! I saw Rush's quote in the Limbaugh Letter. He puts such a wonderfully fine point on things... as did everyone else quoted in that post!!! :rof:

Princess

Unknown, I'd just like to say a few things.

1st: My cousin is voluntarily going to Kuwait once he gets his clearance. He's doing this because it's the right thing to do.

2nd: Iraqi troops are already starting to surrender.

3rd: There's a coalition of 50 countries doing this.

4th: Does it really take just over 50 years to forget what a dictator can do when they have power?

Pandora

1.) Without the French, milk and fruit juices would be reall expensive as they would spoil faster. It was a Frenchman, Louis Pasteur, who discovered that bacteria cause liquids to spoil

Your point? We can pasturize right here in the states. All the fruit and dairy products in the world don't go through France, for god's sake.

2.) Without the French, microbiology wouldn't exist. Pasteur is responsible for that.

I say again: your point? All the microbiology labs in the world are NOT in France. We've got plenty of them here at home.

3.) Without the French, Washington, D.C. would exist. It was a Frenchman who designed the city.

*sarcastically* Good for him. And I'm sure we have never ONCE deviated from his original plans or built up on the city and modernized the design, have we?

4.) Without the French, the United States wouldn't exist. The American Revolution would have dragged on for years and years, probably with a different outcome, were it not for the French assistance.

Still don't mean they're right this time.

You want to talk about war being for money and nothing else? Then let's do it. WHY don't the French support the war? Because if Saddam Hussein isn't in power, than they lose all the money they've been making from selling them weapons and technology!!! Now if you can justify THAT then you all truly have lost it once and for all.

Andy

I think you missed Unknowns point with the first two... Sure, you can do all that in the US, but you wouldn't be able to if Pasteur hadn't developed the techniques!

Link

Ok first off, this war needs to be fought. What are gonna do? Say "Ok Bin laden. It's ok if you want to bomb this sith out of us and kill thousands of innocent people. We're not going to react." What does that tell other terrorists? This. "Oh look, they're easy to walk all over because the won't retaliate. Let's pick on them and take what we want." So are we supposed to stand there and let them walk on us? Hell no. I'm just as ready as any to pick up a gun and go fight. And I damn well know we better fight this because over half of my family is deployed right now be it my mother, cousin and some others I'm very very close to. So war? Hell yes. Bring it on.

Andy

Umm... This isn't about Bin Laden... We're on Saddam now, they let Osama get away :roll: