Star Wars and Comic-Con have been soul mates since way back in 1976 when Lucasfilm's Charley Lippincott attempted to drum up support for the original Star Wars movie by appealing the the sci-fi and fantasy lovers attending San Diego Comic-Con. It's no surprise then, that the powers that be have chosen to reveal new information about The Force Awakens at this year's event.
Attendees this year were treated to a free concert featuring some of the saga's best scores by composer John Williams, with io9 stating that Lucasfilm "took the bar set by other studios in the past and blew it away like the Death Star".
If spoilers are not your thing, then you may want to stop reading now, as I delve in to the new reveals from Comic-Con.
- Domhnall Gleeson's character is called General Hux, and is definitely not a good guy. Hux is the commander of Starkiller Base, which where the First Order has made their headquarters.
- Simon Pegg does appear to be inside an alien/creature suit in the behind the scenes video, putting rest to the rumors of his involvment in The Force Awakens (which he previously denied).
- Bobbajo is the name of the nomadic character we saw in JJ Abram's first video from the set of the desert planet we now know as Jakku.
- The next trailer for The Force Awakens will be ready in the fall.
- Rogue One will begin filming in three weeks time, according the Kathleen Kennedy, and will be filmed in 6K.
Also at San Diego Comic-Con, was this behind the scenes reel, just in case you need a little something extra to hype yourself up for The Force Awakens: