Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Josh Trank confirmed to direct second spin-off


Andy
  • Lucasfilm has revealed that Josh Trank has signed on to direct the second Star Wars spin-off movie.

Confirming the news in a statement on Wednesday, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that they are thrilled to welcome Josh Trank to the family and praised his creativity and imagination, stating that he was perfectly suited for Star Wars.

Josh Trank, who is currently working on 20th Century Fox's latest Fantastic Four movie, said "The magic of the Star Wars universe defined my entire childhood. The opportunity to expand on that experience for future generations is the most incredible dream of all time.

The first spin-off movie is due in 2016, which means that if the announcements are being released in the right order we will see Trank's contribution to the Star Wars franchise hit movie screens in 2018.


Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.



Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • Star Wars Episode VIII

      Star Wars Episode VIII is due to be released
    • Rogue One

      Rogue One hits cinemas today!
    • The Force Awakens

      Get to the cinema right NOW because Episode VII has been released!
    • Josh Trank leaves Star Wars project

      Josh Trank has left the second Star Wars anthology film it has been reported, ending weeks of rumors after his absence from Star Wars Celebration last month. The director, who has directed the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot, and is perhaps best known for the found-footage superpower drama Chronicle, was announced as director of the second spin-off movie last year.
      It had been rumored that disagreements between Trank and the production team had become evident, and although he was due to appear alongside Gareth Edwards during the Rogue One panel at Celebration it was announced at the start of the panel that he would not be attending.
      In a statement, Trank said "After a year of having the incredible honor of developing with the wonderful and talented people at Lucasfilm, I'm making a personal decision to move forward on a different path. I've put a tremendous amount of thought into this, and I know deep down in my heart that I want to pursue some original creative opportunities."
      However, according the Hollywood Reporter, the director was fired from the project.
      The spin-off movies were announced to be called "anthology films" at Celebration, and Josh Trank's film was to be the second in the series, to be released in 2018 between Star Wars Episode VIII and XI. No cast or has yet been announced for the film, but suggested storylines were rumored to revolve around Boba Fett or a young Han Solo.

      View full article
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.